Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 07:31 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
While I do agree with the jury, there was insufficient evidence to rule murder beyond as reasonable doubt, I also think racial profiling was at play and a civil rights violation would be a slam dunk to prove.
Well, I sure will believe you opinion over Allan's, who has been teaching law for over 40 years. What could he possibly know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 07:33 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,089,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The laws have not stopped the Obama administration.

Why not persecute an innocent man to keep the racial division stirred.
yup, he lost the son he never had, gold grill, tattoos, and all.

This is over as far as a judicial decision. Sad that the parents lost a teenager, yes very much so but I have a feeling this one isn't going away for a while, mongers like Sharpton etc etc aren't going to let this one go quietly into the history books, they are going to push this one as far as the mainstream media will let them, which unfortunately seems to be quite far.

Civil suit, Federal charges, whatever they can push for.

However, they seem to have zero concern over inner city crime and really empowering those they deem as "oppressed" to improve their social situation. Sharpton and similar activists would be out of a job if they didn't have cases like this to pursue and exploit. How about that guy in NJ who assaulted and beat the snot out of that woman in NJ who was sitting in her home watching TV, in front of her toddler? if Sharpton was just he would have called for that guy to be tried immediately, all you hear from the media on that case was cricketts. However this case fuels their agenda and boosts their ratings, they don't want to let it go just yet

Old 07-15-2013, 07:54 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
I don't think any of this will go anywhere, but it keeps the base feral and takes eyes off what's important.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:11 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I think any reasonable person who watched the trial would agree that it was a witch hunt. Those that still want to see "Justice for Trayvon", don't really want justice at all.. Justice ends with the close of a trial. What they really want is revenge. It's tragic that so many don't seem to understand the difference between the two.
Agreed.

Even if Zimmerman was following Martin around in plain sight, it's not against the law, and it sure as hell does not mean Zimmerman was asking to get a punch in the face.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:24 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Quote:
While I do agree with the jury, there was insufficient evidence to rule murder beyond as reasonable doubt, I also think racial profiling was at play and a civil rights violation would be a slam dunk to prove.
How? Zimmerman wasn't even sure he was black at first, he thought Martin looked suspicious because he was looking in windows. This is logical reasoning since the housing complex he was on watch for had been burglarized in previous months.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:26 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Next up; drones being used to overfly certain areas of Florida profiling with enhanced camera software all "creepy-ass-crackers" looking for the one with scars on the back of his head so they can relay his whereabouts to the Panthers.

Zimmy better conform by wearing a "hoodie". He should be able to move about freely now by walking really late at night, sticking to the dark shadows and bushes. Even better; adopt gang-slang while posting phony tweets to "******* giving their ***** for free". He'll be completely safe from all those folks looking for vengeance out actively profiling creep-ass crackers.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:43 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You and others desperately want gz's motive to be solely race-based. Emmitt Till is almost 60 years ago. You'll have a new martyr in The Child. Not exactly the best character for a martyr, but desperation breeds desperate measures.
A few thoughts:

I want to ask all of you a question, and answer it honestly: What would you do if your child were shot and killed by someone? I would have done just as the parents of Travon Martin did. Make sure it doesn't just become a stastic. How do you "move on" after something like that?

Look, what Zimmerman did in pursuing the kid was stupid. And his stupidity and zeal in wanting to be "hero" lead up to circumstances that ended in someone losing their life. If he would have stayed the hell in his car and done what the dispatcher suggested, this whole tragedy could have been avoided. You can't convict someone of stupidity.

IMHO, the SAO overstepped in charging Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder. The 2nd degree murder charge was doomed from the start. The DOJ is going to have a tough time proving a hate crime. And as far as the charge of violating Martin's civil rights, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that only apply if the perpetrator is part of the government?

If people want to make a change, they need to work on getting that lame stand your ground law appealed. It's too vague.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:19 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
you cant prosecute a private citizen for civil rights violations because they are not operating under the color of law. zimmerman was not a cop, or other government worker, as such he could not have violated martins civil rights, and as such cannot be prosecuted for civil rights violations. the prosecutor in the case could be prosecuted for civil rights violations, and ultimately disbarred. she could also face a civil lawsuit by martin against her.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Quote:
A HUGE leftist and Harvard Law Professor weighs in!

Oh my! How huge is he? Does he need a motorized scooter to get around?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies