Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 07:45 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He bought the Skittles for the younger boy---his dad's girlfriend's son---Chad Joseph. He testified to that fact on June 24th. I guess you missed it.
what a bad ass thug he was, buying skitlles for a young boy and the tats of praying hands and his mom and grannies name.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:45 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What purple drink? I did read something about Skittles and Arizona Tea but I couldn't remember.

Purple drank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A spoonful of promethazine/codeine syrup showing the characteristic purple color
Purple drank is a slang term for a recreational drug popular in the hip hop community in the southern United States, originating in Houston, Texas. Its main ingredient is prescription-strength cough syrup containing codeine and promethazine.[1] Cough syrup is typically mixed with ingredients such as Sprite soft drink or Mountain Dew and pieces of Jolly Rancher candy. The purplish hue of purple drank comes from dyes in the cough syrup.

There are numerous slang terms for purple drank, including sizzurp,[2][3][4][5][6] lean,[1][3][4][7] syrup,[3][5][8] drank,[5][9] barre,[5] purple jelly,[4][5] Texas tea,[9] and Tsikuni.[10]

Jolly Rancher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Assorted flavors of Jolly Rancher candies.
Jolly Rancher is a brand of candy, including hard candy,[1] gummies, fruit chews, jellybeans, lollipops, gelatin desserts, and sodas.[2] It is currently owned by The Hershey Company. The product was originally produced by the Jolly Rancher Company, founded in 1949 by Bill Harmsen of Golden, Colorado.[1] The Jolly Rancher Company made ice cream, chocolate and candy sold at several "Ranch Maid Ice Cream" stores in the Denver area. The name was meant to suggest western hospitality.[1]

Jolly Rancher was sold to Beatrice Foods in 1966 and to Leaf in 1983. In 1996, Leaf North America was acquired by the Hershey Company.[1]

In 2002 Hershey closed the Wheatridge plant in Colorado and moved manufacturing of the candy to save costs.[3]

Jolly Rancher candies come in various flavors, including Blue Raspberry, Grape, Watermelon, Green Apple, Cherry, and Cinnamon. There are also sour, berry, and smoothie.

---------------------------------------------------

Purple drink was mentioned on TM facebook or Twitter page so all he needed or already may have had was the syrup...perhaps his dad had the syrup or one of his friends.

There was also mentioned on his social media a message about Tm hitting a bus driver...

There was a little bit more to this boy with 3 suspensions than just thirsty for a drink since I assume his dad's fridge probably had a drink in the house.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:54 AM

745 posts, read 1,504,397 times
I lived in the suburbs as a teenager, and the only thing to do was-walk to the store, hang out, get a slice of pizza. I lived the furthest, about a 2 mile walk, which I would :gasp: make in the rain, snow, etc. I'd pick up several friends through the neighborhood on the way, I guess because we were a group of skinny white girls, it was ok?

Old 07-15-2013, 07:55 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,478,443 times
[quote=urbanlife78;30491850]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
Doesnt matter.

Skittles and the drink Trayvon bought are both used for that...was he really in need for a drink and the candy of was there something else on his mind?

There are more gaps in his time line and I wonder if the dad and his GF didn't have a drink in the fridge.

Doesn't matter what was on his mind, it isn't illegal to think. And some of you still seemed shocked that a teenager would walk to the store for a drink and candy, seriously makes me wonder if there is anything between the ears to think with.
fixed my post, quotes went out of wack

Old 07-15-2013, 07:56 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Is this a serious thread?

Martin is from Miami, it rains about everyday in the afternoon there during the summer, and it is not uncommon for one lone cloud to come and dump some rain for no reason at all; I doubt rain is a deterrent for him if he wanted a snack.

I walk in the rain when I want, not uncommon for my wife and I to walk to Publix (I live in Miami, Brickell) when it is raining out, or the threat of rain. If I put everyhting on hold because of rain, I would never get anything done.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:38 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
OP your thread seems ludicrous on the surface. However as with all things in life there is a lot of back story info to this tragedy that may never come out as it would put the parents and Trayvon in a bad light, more than what has already occured.

You have questions just like we all do as we struggle to understand the sometimes seemingly incomprehensible.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:40 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
What happened to the Zim sticky!

Old 07-15-2013, 09:08 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
OP your thread seems ludicrous on the surface. However as with all things in life there is a lot of back story info to this tragedy that may never come out as it would put the parents and Trayvon in a bad light, more than what has already occured.

You have questions just like we all do as we struggle to understand the sometimes seemingly incomprehensible.
Nobody is out there to put parents or anybody in a bad light just for the heck of it although it almost seems to be that way towards one side.

I was waiting for the new evidence to come out to feel it was justified to convict GZ based on what was be presented since it is a very sad that one person died and it still is.

I always tell my kids to try to limit the changes of getting into a bad situation and the other day we had a person in our office with anger management issues and we managed to get the person outside and locked the front door behind him. When he was in his car he decided to come back and was knocking real hard on the front door but nobody can look in while we can look outside. The person than decided after screaming to sit on the sidewalk waiting for a person to leave so we called the cops and waited for them t come.

One cop called another cop and the person was ordered to leave. We had been informed a few days earlier of this person having to be removed twice by cops after incidents with local contractors so there was pattern...we didn't go fr the confrontation but had it handled by the cops.

I feel GZ should have done it but we won't know what changed since GZ called the cops like we did. In the minutes between the cops arriving TM might have done something and/or both.

Anyway we know the result which is one with clearly injuries and the other not living to tell his side...

My kids and one of them has the same birth year as TM has never gone to a convenience store in the rain in the dark sinc if we don't have it what he wants then he either has to wait or get something else.

My son is a straight A student and not interested in things TM was doing although I also have pictures of him with a gun but in a different way...not gang like but at a shooting range...

People make different decisions and unfortunately endings can be different.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:13 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
No it is not a crime to go to the convenience store to buy a drink,
Glad you figured that out.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:30 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I still have not figured out why it took a few days for his Father to report his son missing.
Few days? Where'd you get that?

Tracy Martin Called To Report Trayvon Martin Missing: Newly Released Phone Call | NBC 6 South Florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies