Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2013, 04:45 PM

20,505 posts, read 33,379,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
Don't be deceived by that article it was probably written to try to downplay how horribly black slaves in the the U.S. where treated. Whipped, burned, body parts cut off, hung, wives of black men slaves raped (that's why I am a light skinned black man)etc. White slaves vs Black Slaves NO COMPARISON and ANYONE who says otherwise it delusional. Slavery in America is equivelant to the holocaust in Europe. I'm just keeping it real ya'll and ya'll should too.
Only to hide that there were thousands, if not millions, of White slaves that also were treated the same way and I'm not talking about indentured servitude. To think that this condition only happened to one group of people in American history is an even bigger deception. Something that is not taught in our school system. But oh, they'll shove roots down our throats though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 04:47 PM

72,838 posts, read 62,239,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
You have a simplistic view. The war wasn't fought to free the slaves... no matter what they told you in public school.
I know the war was not fought to free the slaves. It was fought to keep the Union together. I'm well aware that the only reason Lincoln freed the slaves was to keep the British out of the war. However, the issue of slavery played a big part in how the Civil War got started.

Articles of Secession: Declaration of Causes of Secession

This excerpt is from Mississippi's secession:
Quote:
It has nullified the Fugitive Slave Law in almost every free State in the Union, and has utterly broken the compact which our fathers pledged their faith to maintain.

It advocates negro equality, socially and politically, and promotes insurrection and incendiarism in our midst.

It has enlisted its press, its pulpit and its schools against us, until the whole popular mind of the North is excited and inflamed with prejudice.

It has made combinations and formed associations to carry out its schemes of emancipation in the States and wherever else slavery exists.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:03 PM

10,815 posts, read 14,880,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
They tried that after slavery. They were not welcome there.
Freed slaves built the nation of Liberia.

The Cannibal Warlords of Liberia (Full Length Documentary) - YouTube

Warm temperatures, wonderful people, great education and free health care for all!

Old 07-16-2013, 05:13 PM

640 posts, read 816,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Only to hide that there were thousands, if not millions, of White slaves that also were treated the same way and I'm not talking about indentured servitude. To think that this condition only happened to one group of people in American history is an even bigger deception. Something that is not taught in our school system. But oh, they'll shove roots down our throats though.
You believe that? You're trippin. I know for a FACT what you are saying is FLAT OUT WRONG. But I respect it.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:14 PM

20,505 posts, read 33,379,200 times
Quote:
You believe that? You're trippin. I know for a FACT what you are saying is FLAT OUT WRONG. But I respect it.
You know for a fact? Tell me this. Do you believe Roots was true?

Old 07-16-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
Rarely were slaves mistreated. They were too expensive/valuable to damage.
What farmer whips his cows? What farmer burned their mules? What good is a pig with body parts cut off?

I know it sounds good and it's fun to pretend that white people are evil devils and act like you just stepped off the Amistad but your hyper emotional claims don't hold up.

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR DAMN MIND? Trust me when I say you have NO IDEA what you are talking about. Stick to what you know cuz I will destroy u on this TOPIC. For real, chill out.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:25 PM

370 posts, read 245,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know the war was not fought to free the slaves. It was fought to keep the Union together. I'm well aware that the only reason Lincoln freed the slaves was to keep the British out of the war. However, the issue of slavery played a big part in how the Civil War got started.

Articles of Secession: Declaration of Causes of Secession

This excerpt is from Mississippi's secession:

Yes. I've read that before. Good find.
Only three states specifically mentioned slavery in their secession procedures, though, I believe.
The punitive Morrill Tariff (among others) was the immediate cause. Slavery was a secondary issue.

Southern leaders and smart people everywhere knew that slavery would eventually have an expiration date...and that date would be the very moment it became unprofitable to own slaves...but the government decided to wage total "scorched earth" war on fellow americans who wanted to peacefully and legally withdraw from the union.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:27 PM

370 posts, read 245,882 times
Quote:
HAVE YOU LOST YOUR DAMN MIND? Trust me when I say you have NO IDEA what you are talking about. Stick to what you know cuz I will destroy u on this TOPIC. For real, chill out.
sure, sure..whatever you say..
State your premise and choose a side.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:40 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,510,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
And I must tell you that they've done a great job of this. Look at all of the self-hating African descendants on and off this forum.
and I don't waste my time with self haters on and off this forum.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
You know for a fact? Tell me this. Do you believe Roots was true?
The movie itself, probably not. But I get my slavery knowledge from plethra of books NOT the Roots movie. All roots did was give us a visual an actaul dipection of those times unlike just reading books. Don't tell me you a Tom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies