Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 02:21 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times

Advertisements

these black people are so hung up on race. notice all these black celebrities sticking their head where it don't belong. if this was an asian they wouldn't give a chit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 02:23 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
these black people are so hung up on race. notice all these black celebrities sticking their head where it don't belong. if this was an asian they wouldn't give a chit
And I notice some White people bringing up race as well.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:38 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
The war began when lincoln refused to allow people to peacefully secede and decided to invade charleston with reinforcements for the fort.
The war began when Confederate forces attacked U.S. Federal troops at a U.S. military base.

Lincoln, the President of the United States was not a mere Governor of a state, he was the Federally elected executive of all state Governors and of all the citizens of the United States. When I was stationed at two naval bases in Norfolk, Virgina neither of those bases belonged to Virginia or its Governor but to the U.S. Federal Government. And the U.S. President is Commander-in-Chief of all U.S. military personnel. So, when you attack a U.S. military base you make an act of war against the President of the United States and the other two Federal branches of the U.S. Government.

Quote:
No..the south didn't start the war...we've been over that. Lincoln sent troops to invade a sovereign country (The C.S.A.) by reinforcing a fort that was no longer on federal property.
The south wanted to secede peacefully and go their own way. Lincoln decided to "preserve the union" by conducting total war on civilians...burning their cities, homes, wrecking the infrastructure, killing/stealing livestock and praticing a scorched earth policy.
Despicable.
Well... targeting the infrastructure is not uncommon in war. Blowing up rail roads, firing missiles at factories, destroying crops, knocking out lines of communication. This is not uncommon and the U.S. carried this out in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'll admit parts of the South from photos looked like Dresden, Tokyo, and Nagasaki after Union cannons got through firing.

And the non-combatants in the South suffered.

But Southern guerrillas robbed and harassed Southerns too, mostly women, left vulnerable while so many of the men were off fighting in the uniform of the Confederacy.

At any rate. I dug up that book I read. It's Look Away! by William C. Davis.

This is the photo used of him in the inside flap of the back cover of the book.

William C. Davis (historian) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
William Charles Davis (born 1946) is professor of history at Virginia Tech and Director of Programs at Virginia Tech's Virginia Center for Civil War Studies. An expert on the American Civil War, Davis has twice been nominated for a Pulitzer Prize (for Breckinridge: Statesman, Soldier, Symbol and Battle at Bull Run). He has written more than 40 books on the War and other aspects of early Southern U.S. history.[1] He is the only three-time winner of the Jefferson Davis Prize for Confederate history and was awarded the Jules F. Landry Award for Southern history. His book Lone Star Rising has been called "the best one-volume history of the Texas revolution yet written".[2]
Quote:
Look Away!: A History of the Confederate States of America (2002)
I don't know why you're so offended by what happened to the treasonous South, it's not like the Union sold all the men, women, and children off into slavery in Africa, piling them like sardines aboard some ship to make a long and arduous journey across the Atlantic. Arriving in West Africa where they would be stripped of their names, coerced into a pagan religion, and ultimately have their families torn apart to be sold separately to separate slow owners.

They probably got a better deal than this Boston Bomber will end up with. And they collectively had far more blood and sins on their hands.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
The war began when Confederate forces attacked U.S. Federal troops at a U.S. military base.

Lincoln, the President of the United States was not a mere Governor of a state, he was the Federally elected executive of all state Governors and of all the citizens of the United States. When I was stationed at two naval bases in Norfolk, Virgina neither of those bases belonged to Virginia or its Governor but to the U.S. Federal Government. And the U.S. President is Commander-in-Chief of all U.S. military personnel. So, when you attack a U.S. military base you make an act of war against the President of the United States and the other two Federal branches of the U.S. Government.
Some people have referred to the Civil War as "the war of Northern aggression". The Confederate side drew first blood, attacked Ft. Sumter. Attacking a military base is not only an act of war, it's basically treason.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:50 AM

370 posts, read 247,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joujou21 View Post
Really GunterRall?
So the only people that are committing crimes are black people? Why don't you look at the facts before you make such ridiculous stupid comments.
no one said anything like that...You misunderstand...on purpose...or else you lack the capacity to grasp basic facts.

Negroes commit over HALF of ALL violent crime in the u.s.
That's a fact backed up by the FBI and your guy eric "my people" holder's "justice" department.

Read...research...educate yourself..the facts are undeniable.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
no one said anything like that...You misunderstand...on purpose...or else you lack the capacity to grasp basic facts.

Negroes commit over HALF of ALL violent crime in the u.s.
That's a fact backed up by the FBI and your guy eric "my people" holder's "justice" department.

Read...research...educate yourself..the facts are undeniable.
No one here has denied statistics. Our question to you is this. What is your point in putting all of this up? What kind of solutions do you have to offer? What will you besides talk about "how bad Black people are"? I'm asking this because this is all I've heard is "how bad Blacks are".

Old 07-19-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
no.the south had peacefully seceded, paid for all the federal facilities that were on our soil and evacuated the personnell. Everyone knew that the north was purposely trying to provoke the south by resupplying and reinforcing a fort that WAS NO LONGER THEIR PROPERTY(invading a sovereign country..which is illegal world wide, son) so they could attack. Lincoln even said as much himself...I'll post it all (yet) again for you.
The South might have "peacefully" separated, but the military installations still belonged to the USA. Can you prove that Ft. Sumter was no longer USA property?

Quote:
You have no bad feelings for the federal government?...hahahaha..funny...99.9 % of all the slaves that the africans sold to the u.s. were imported UNDER THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES....LONG before there was even a confederacy...but you hate southerners...LMAO..believe whatever you want, but the truth is out there and (honest) people know it
Off topic, huh? What is your point? Am I suppose to side with the Confederacy simply because of the slave trade? That sounds quite ridiculous. The USA was not founded as an attempt to keep slavery. In fact, northern states were abolishing slavery long before southern states were. Slavery was part of the reason the Deep South wanted to secede. It's in the Articles of Secession. It wasn't the only reason, but I have shown you that it was part of it. What reason to I have to side with the Confederate side? And you saying that I "hate southerners" because I don't like the Confederacy, that is like me saying "you don't like Blacks" simply because you don't agree with affirmative action. It is a straw man.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:19 PM

370 posts, read 247,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No one here has denied statistics.
No one could. They're irrefutable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green-mariner
Our question to you is this. What is your point in putting all of this up?
"Our"?
Who are you speaking for?

Quote:
What kind of solutions do you have to offer?
That is your standard fallback position when you are backed into a corner by facts.

Well, if you have a broken leg, you don't go get your appendix taken out.
In other words, one directly addresses the problem and takes the correct, appropriate action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green mariner
What will you besides talk about "how bad Black people are"? I'm asking this because this is all I've heard is "how bad Blacks are".
I never said "black people are bad"..I referred to groups of hard, cold statistics that show definite, remarkable trends ...you keep trying to divert and distract. This isn't about me or what I'd do in this or that hypothetical situation...

There are no doubt many ways to address disparate criminality by a certain race. How many can you think of?

Old 07-19-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
No one could. They're irrefutable.
No one is asking you to refute statistics.

Quote:
"Our"?
Who are you speaking for?
I'm speaking for myself, and others who have responded to you

Quote:
That is your standard fallback position when you are backed into a corner by facts.

Well, if you have a broken leg, you don't go get your appendix taken out.
In other words, one directly addresses the problem and takes the correct, appropriate action.
Actually, you are the one using a fallback. I ask you what you intend to do about something, and youavoid my question. I am asking you to think critically, and you aren't doing it. And it's ironic that you say when one should addresses a problem and takes correct action. You aren't taking any action. One cannot address a problem without fully knowing the in and out of that problem.

It is about not about the statistics. It is about WHY. I'm not trying to refute your statistics. I'm asking you to think more critically, and look at this deeper.

And as for the broken leg, you must ask how you got that broken leg so that you can prevent ever getting a broken leg.

Quote:
I never said "black people are bad"..I referred to groups of hard, cold statistics that show definite, remarkable trends ...you keep trying to divert and distract. This isn't about me or what I'd do in this or that hypothetical situation...

There are no doubt many ways to address disparate criminality by a certain race. How many can you think of?
You never said "black people are bad". You didn't have to. I read in between the lines. I'm looking at WHY you are mentioning statistics. Forget the statistics, we all know what they are. We have heard WHO over and over. We are now asking WHY and WHAT are the solutions to solving the problems. I can think of ways to solve problems that exist. The question is this: Can you come up with any solutions. I'm challenging you because all I hear is an obsession about Black people.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:13 PM

24 posts, read 163,274 times
Quote:
No one is asking you to refute statistics.

I'm speaking for myself, and others who have responded to you

Actually, you are the one using a fallback. I ask you what you intend to do about something, and youavoid my question. I am asking you to think critically, and you aren't doing it. And it's ironic that you say when one should addresses a problem and takes correct action. You aren't taking any action. One cannot address a problem without fully knowing the in and out of that problem.

It is about not about the statistics. It is about WHY. I'm not trying to refute your statistics. I'm asking you to think more critically, and look at this deeper.

You never said "black people are bad". You didn't have to. I read in between the lines. I'm looking at WHY you are mentioning statistics. Forget the statistics, we all know what they are. We have heard WHO over and over. We are now asking WHY and WHAT are the solutions to solving the problems. I can think of ways to solve problems that exist. The question is this: Can you come up with any solutions. I'm challenging you because all I hear is an obsession about Black people.
This is seriously getting old...... We KNOW what the problems are. We KNOW what solutions can be done to correct the problems. We even KNOW how to enforce said solutions. The reason why nothing has ever been done is because people from BOTH SIDES, (rather it be political, racial, etc.) just want to sit there and point fingers and blame the opposite group. We waste so much energy trying to play the blame game, that we loose focus on the REAL ISSUES. You see it all the time on this forum, "liberals are the cause for this failure!", "Blacks on welfare are the ones destroying the economy!", "Whites are racist!" etc. Until we as Americans can learn to come together and stop playing the blame game, nothing will ever change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies