Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 10:32 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
You are probably the most biased and conspiracy based poster I've ever come across on CD. And that's saying a lot.
Why do you have problems when logic is applied?

Old 07-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Their idea of justice will be allot different than the justice GZ was looking for. It was there idea of justice the GZ go to jail for the rest of his life, even if their child was in the wrong. Now that's justice.
No, they believed Zimmerman was in the wrong, that is the reason they have a problem with the verdict just as anyone would who believes someone is guilty.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:35 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
And you have just produced the most outstanding example of projection that I've seen here on C-D, proud home of rightwing projection.
Yeah, the hub of the birfers, Boston bombing was staged, voter fraud, Benghaz -ites, IRS bias and the rest of the delusional right wing conspiracies.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:43 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You know what's in their hearts.

Justice IS the best revenge. But, as we know, American courts don't always mete out justice. Casey Anthony and OJ are fine examples of that.

Seriously folks, IF you don't want to be charged criminally AND face a civil suit/trial - don't shoot someone after provoking a fight.
I do believe that justice has been done in this case. I don't think Zimmerman deserved to even be tried given he was being beaten by Martin when he shot him. I've seen nothing to make me believe that Zimmerman even meant to kill Martin. It's highly likely he was just trying to stop the beating. Martin was not the nice little kid they try to portray him as. Nice little kids don't break your nose, give you two black eyes and beat your head on the pavement until it splits open. Given Martin's lack of injuries, except to his fist from pummeling Zimmerman, there is no doubt who the aggressor was here.

If Martin were a nice little kid, he would have walked away instead of attacking Zimmerman. I hope this is over for Zimmerman. IMO a grave injustice has already been dealt to him. As to Martin, I don't care what someone says to you. Words are just words. When you start swinging your fists and slamming someone's head into the ground, all bets are off. There is nothing Zimmerman could have said that warranted Martin beating him. However, once Martin started beating him, Zimmerman had every right to fight back any way he could.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:43 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Bottom line is that it really stretches the imagination too far to think that a black man who wanted to kill himself would CHOOSE to hang himself from a tree in his yard on a rainy night when he was totally drunk for everyone to see. You really think an enormously drunk man can climb a tree which is slick from the rain that night and hang himself?
That is exactly what the father of one of my students did. The poor child found him as he and his little brother left in the morning to get on the school bus. He went ahead, got on the bus, and told his first period teacher because his mom wasn't home, at 12 he didn't know what else to do. The poor child could barely function for weeks afterwards, i imagine hw will be scarred the rest of his life. People who are so distraught seldom take into consideration the impact their death will have on the living, or maybe part of the issue is they don't realize it. Regardless, people did speculate on how he managed it because his blood alcohol was so high but no one brought up the possibility of lynching. Of course, given that he was a different race, that possibility would not occur to people. It isn't always a crime, at least in the legal sense of the word, when someone dies unnaturally.

Really, at this point, that is the aspect of the Martin case a lot of people don't want to accept either.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:59 AM

7,929 posts, read 9,152,376 times
Would love to see Martin's family get some $ in the following way: they testify against Sharpton and NBC and admit the bias against Zimmerman. and the deliberate misinformation spread about him by the network. Then the Martins can have some of Zimmerman's settlement.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
In fairness to Martin's parents, they do not seem to be the driving force behind any of the calls to DOJ or the speculation of a civil trial. The only thing I've heard from them is that, while disappointed, they accept the jury's verdict.
True enough for "them" but what of their paid mouthpiece, the attorney? I'm guessing he talks for them? He's currently speaking and pretty much stating the trial was unfair and inferring racist overtones with how the case was presented.
His final statement was "we accept the verdict but disagree with it". So, what exactly is the difference? I submit to you absolutely nothing, just double talk.

What of all these other race baiters? Couldn't the Martins come out publicly and ask that this stop, that they're satisfied with the verdict and it's over?
Of course they could.
Have they? Nope.
One has to wonder why? If I was not interested in all this hubbub that's now going on I'd certainly make it clear to everyone to please just let it go. Can't do a civil suit without a plaintiff and it'd take the wind right out of the political hookers screaming for "justice" (yeah right ) in D.C. and elsewhere that are milking this for all it's worth.
POOF! Done.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:59 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
When this trial started and all during the trial the parents of Trayvon gave the impression of a class act, stated repeatedly all they wanted was the case to be heard and would respect the verdict of the jury.

Well, seems like that is out the window, so much for respecting the verdict. Request for DOJ investigation although the FBI has investigated this to death and a possible civil suit?
Let's remember, they've already collected a boat load of money AND a jury has spoken.

Do they want justice or money? They've already gotten one with the trial not to mention a trial that was way bigger in scope than most people get so what's the end game here?
They have just as much class as the parents of Ron Goldman did 18 years ago when O.J. was acquitted for murder.

CNN - The O.J. Simpson Civil Case - Sept. 16, 1996

Old 07-15-2013, 07:05 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
They realized that Trayvon was worth a lot more $$$ dead than alive.
Got to agree.

brushrunner

Old 07-15-2013, 07:11 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
People who bring up OJ during a Zimmerman conversation simply have nothing of value to say.

There is no comparison. None. OJ is completely off topic in Zimm threads. It makes as much sense as discussing, oh, I dunno........pick a big story where someone gets shot. Kennedy, maybe? Should the Kennedy family have sued Marina Oswald?

Apples and oranges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies