Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 04:48 PM

24,338 posts, read 22,891,284 times

Advertisements

Just ignore the crybabies and haters. We have real problems to deal with and Sharpton and co. belong in a museum of ancient history along with David Duke( many are now going Who?) If not there then a freak show circus like MSNBC.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:05 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,602,624 times
Rachel Jeantel's on CNN right now. She looks and sounds 100 % better.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:09 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,602,624 times
She is explaining that she has an under-bite which gives her a speech impediment and makes her hard to understand.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:45 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,020,969 times
Sharpton is questioning the integrity of this first juror to go public.

What he and others would like to know, is how did the juror with the book deal negotiate a book deal so soon after the trial ended if she was supposed to remain anonymous prior to the end of the trial. It's a very good question.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:06 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,566,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Sharpton is questioning the integrity of this first juror to go public.

What he and others would like to know, is how did the juror with the book deal negotiate a book deal so soon after the trial ended if she was supposed to remain anonymous prior to the end of the trial. It's a very good question.
Didn't the STATE choose the jury?

Old 07-15-2013, 11:08 PM

16,847 posts, read 10,478,662 times
I agree that the "protest" of a jury verdict is absolutely absurd and disgusting. I usually commend people for protesting political issues. Protesting a fair judicial system and the rule of law is just sick. These people do not want "Justice for Trayvon", they want George Zimmerman to go to jail or be put to death. Martin got more justice than most black teens killed by a gun. He had a massive amount of resources poured into his case and the defendant got a less than fair trial because the defense withheld evidence. At the end of the day, the jury still found him not guilty. That is justice. The lynch mob does not want justice; the lynch mob wants to complain and lynch because Martin was black and Zimmerman is not. It's despicable. I had some respect for people up until the verdict who supported Martin's side of the story. Now people who are still complaining deserve no respect. They want revenge, not justice.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:09 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,966,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Rachel Jeantel's on CNN right now. She looks and sounds 100 % better.
Did we see the same show?

She's a max of 5 IQ points away from being bat guano.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:15 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,358,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Al Sharpton plans George Zimmerman protests - He says he's confident continued pressure will result in a federal civil rights case.

Sharpton and others like him are convinced that they can bring enough pressure on Obama & Holder to ignore the Law, ignore the trial by jury & the verdict ....... just because they don't like the verdict.
Forget ignoring the law...he wants them to ignore reality to bring Federal Charges...the standard of charging Zimmerman with a hate crime (the only thing they can charge him with) is PROOF that the altercation was motivated by race and nothing else. The statement, "he looked suspicious, I did not know why he was there and he was black" isn't enough. The Justice Department needs "I shop him because he was black" and other than Al Sharpton, the NAACP and a few people with signs in Florida, I don't think people actually believe that. Even those that feel he was profiling...that is NOT enough...Zimmerman LITERALLY has to have had no motivation other than Martin's race. Not going to happen.

The Martin supporters remind me of the Prop 8 people, they LITERALLY have yet to win a single ruling in their favor in court. They lost in the SUPREME COURT, yet they are still trying to fight the multiple court rulings. There does come a point that you have to admit you are being ridiculous...these people have come to that point with the whole Federal Charges thing, as no matter how many people protest, sign a petition, and carry signs, they are not going to CHANGE THE FEDERAL LAW!!!!

Old 07-15-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
If Sharpton wants to instigate change, then try addressing the tragedy of black on black crime. Change from within, and find out why so many promising young black men are being killed on a daily basis.
But this has no chance of getting him at the top of the news broadcast or on top of the fold in a newspaper...so why would he?

Old 07-15-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
In the court of public opinion, assumption runs rampant, as people get their own "feel" for right and wrong, and then become so entrenched in their own bias that they refuse to consider the hard details of evidence and proof. People need no trial to tell them what happened. They hear a story and whatever gut reaction they have to it becomes their reality.

As show trials go, this one has generated plenty of fodder for television heads to fill the empty minutes between commercials. But it has also shown that the court of public opinion can't be trusted. Americans still don't understand their own system. They don't get that the rights they want for themselves have to be given to people they despise as well. They refuse to accept that someone they feel with absolute certainty is guilty can be properly acquitted.
So true. A coworker of mine is horribly angry about the verdict and keeps saying that she is looking forward to the day that Zimmerman is killed as he deserves. I ignored her. When I saw a news alert that the juror was going to be on Anderson Cooper, I mentioned this to her. She said "WHy would I want to watch what that piece of s*** has to say?". Yup...good to know she looked at all the facts, worked to form an opinion, and was open to facts that could change her feeling. Oh, wait. Not at all.

And the people who say there is all this doubt about what happened that night...but that Zimmerman should have been convicted. Say what???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies