Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 01:01 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,109,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Black on black violence is talked about and there are protests. Just because you don't see them (or they don't gain national attention), doesn't mean they don't happen.
You don't see them because they're small and rarely happen. The powers that be, don't care because there's nothing in it for them. They can't really push a political agenda. Or they can't make it a race isssue(i.e. Al Sharpton). The media doesn't push it because they know nobody really cares, and its not as sensational as racist white man kills black youth for "no reason".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
No. The outrage was over an armed man just being able to walk away from killing an unarmed kid. So unless there's a wave of Chicago killers running around, shooting people, then carrying on w/ their day, your example remains a stupid comparison.
Bail Denied For Man Accused Of Killing Baby Over Stolen Video Game « CBS Chicago

7-year-old boy shot in neck on South Side | abc7chicago.com

Old 07-15-2013, 01:03 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,196,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You don't see them because they're small and rarely happen. The powers that be, don't care because there's nothing in it for them. They can't really push a political agenda. Or they can't make it a race isssue(i.e. Al Sharpton). The media doesn't push it because they know nobody really cares, and its not as sensational as racist white man kills black youth for "no reason".
OK, so who are you blaming? Black people for not caring or the media for not pushing it because they know nobody cares?

Most protests are local protests. Only cases with national attention (which usually involve extraordinary circumstances) get the media's attention. That's why hundreds of children go missing every year, but only a few gain national attention. That doesn't mean no one cared (or didn't go looking) for those other children.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
OK, so who are you blaming? Black people for not caring or the media for not pushing it because they know nobody cares?

Most protests are local protests. Only cases with national attention (which usually involve extraordinary circumstances) get the media's attention. That's why hundreds of children go missing every year, but only a few gain national attention.
Most Black don't care either.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:06 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,824,947 times
Quote:
As a Black man I have to lol, at all the "outrage" from blacks, liberals, and the liberal media, about the how the Travon Martin trail verdict. but you don't here a peep out of most of these people at the slaughter of young black men by other black men going on in Chicago right now(and other urban areas). If Geoarge Zimmerman was black and had shot and killed Treyvon Martin(for whatever reason) that trial wouldn't have gotten 30 seconds on the news, there would be any protest. I guess black people who get murdered don't count unless its by "whitey". Where the Outrage for Chicago, where's the mass protest, where's those clowns Jesse Jackson, and Al sharpton? When is President Obama going to address the violence is Chicago? When I go out, I don't worry about being harmed by a white person, I'm more worried about somebody who looks like me putting a bullet in my back.

72 Shot in Chicago in Wave of Holiday Weekend Violence | NBC Chicago

Chicago shootings violence July 14 to 15: 2 killed in city attacks - chicagotribune.com

Chicago Gun Violence: 5 Killed, 16 Wounded Over Weekend As Marchers Plead For Peace
Did you not even read your own links?

The violence took place after the Rev. Jesse Jackson joined Father Michael Pfleger of St. Sabina Church in an anti-violence rally on the city's South Side Friday evening.

The following are links to other stories about protests over the violence in Chicago.

Alternative Spring Break 2013 - Chicago
Silent protest against Chicago's gun violence
What About Our Sons: Students in Chicago Protest Gun Violence
CPS students protest against gun violence - Chicago Sun-Times
Rev. Jesse Jackson leads Chicago Protest Against Gun Violence at Chuck
Rev. Jesse Jackson, Fr. Michael Pfleger to Lead Anti-Violence Rally Friday Evening | Rainbow PUSH Coalition

Old 07-15-2013, 01:10 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,085,834 times
Are you purposely playing dumb? In which of those 2 cases is the killer known and walking free?

Old 07-15-2013, 01:12 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,726,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Where is the faux outrage from the Black community for the violence in Chicago?

Mainstream media is not concerned with black-ob-black murder. To them it's not news.
Whitey must kill black for their agenda. That's the politically correct thing to do. 6% of
blacks are killed by whites, 94% of blacks are killed by blacks, it's hard to sensationalize
that so they ignore it.
Ratings / readership / web hits = Money

Always follow the money.

America does not find it interesting that violent urban youth kill violent urban youth.

Once it gets into suburban non black communities it then becomes fodder.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:14 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,193,660 times
Quote:
As a Black man I have to lol, at all the "outrage" from blacks, liberals, and the liberal media, about the how the Travon Martin trail verdict. but you don't here a peep out of most of these people at the slaughter of young black men by other black men going on in Chicago right now(and other urban areas). If Geoarge Zimmerman was black and had shot and killed Treyvon Martin(for whatever reason) that trial wouldn't have gotten 30 seconds on the news, there would be any protest. I guess black people who get murdered don't count unless its by "whitey". Where the Outrage for Chicago, where's the mass protest, where's those clowns Jesse Jackson, and Al sharpton? When is President Obama going to address the violence is Chicago? When I go out, I don't worry about being harmed by a white person, I'm more worried about somebody who looks like me putting a bullet in my back.

Chicago shootings violence July 14 to 15: 2 killed in city attacks - chicagotribune.com

Chicago Gun Violence: 5 Killed, 16 Wounded Over Weekend As Marchers Plead For Peace
So you look like a murderer?

Lot of self hatred going on there eh??

Old 07-15-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Ratings / readership / web hits = Money

Always follow the money.

America does not find it interesting that violent urban youth kill violent urban youth.

Once it gets into suburban non black communities it then becomes fodder.
I guess if Obama had a son, they wouldn't look like the kids in Chicago.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,839,099 times
Quote:

Agreed tho Zimmerman IS "Black" through his Afro Peruvian mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies