Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 03:52 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Are these young men thugs too?

Teens on bicycles help rescue missing 5-year-old girl - U.S. News

Two teenage boys chased a man in a car around a Pennsylvania neighborhood on their bicycles after recognizing a little girl inside who had been missing for two hours, according to police.
The young girl's family members told NBC’s Lancaster affiliate WGAL that a 5-year-old girl was playing in the front yard last week when she disappeared. Police arrived with K-9 units, blocked off the streets and described the girl to bystanders to determine if anyone had seen her.

The teens saw a girl who matched the description in a car and began following the driver on their bicycles. One of the boys, Temar Boggs, 15, described the chase to WGAL, “Every time we would go down the street, he would turn back around, and we'd go back and follow him."

Eventually, the driver let the little girl out of the car a half-mile away from her home and drove away.
"It is possible that this individual saw the boys following him. So, it is possible he got nervous,” said Sgt. Jeff Jones of the Manheim Lancaster police department.

On Monday, the Lancaster County district attorney identified a registered sex offender, Harold Herr, as a person of interest in a potential kidnapping case, according to WGAL.

The girl's family expressed immense gratitude for Boggs’ actions. “He's our hero. I mean, there's no words to say," said the girl's grandmother.
When the girl was returned to family members, they said she was doing "well," WGAL reported.

"I just feel like I did something very accomplishing today," said Boggs in response to all of the attention.
Kudos to these fine young men, this is an example all young men can look up to and emulate!

Old 07-16-2013, 04:26 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:

Two teenage boys chased a man in a car around a Pennsylvania neighborhood on their bicycles after recognizing a little girl inside who had been missing for two hours, according to police.
The young girl's family members told NBC’s Lancaster affiliate WGAL that a 5-year-old girl was playing in the front yard last week when she disappeared. Police arrived with K-9 units, blocked off the streets and described the girl to bystanders to determine if anyone had seen her.

The teens saw a girl who matched the description in a car and began following the driver on their bicycles. One of the boys, Temar Boggs, 15, described the chase to WGAL, “Every time we would go down the street, he would turn back around, and we'd go back and follow him."

Eventually, the driver let the little girl out of the car a half-mile away from her home and drove away.
"It is possible that this individual saw the boys following him. So, it is possible he got nervous,” said Sgt. Jeff Jones of the Manheim Lancaster police department.

On Monday, the Lancaster County district attorney identified a registered sex offender, Harold Herr, as a person of interest in a potential kidnapping case, according to WGAL.

The girl's family expressed immense gratitude for Boggs’ actions. “He's our hero. I mean, there's no words to say," said the girl's grandmother.
When the girl was returned to family members, they said she was doing "well," WGAL reported.

"I just feel like I did something very accomplishing today," said Boggs in response to all of the attention.
He is a fine young man.

Nice try, race baiter!

Old 07-16-2013, 05:14 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Well, sad is an opinion. It cannot be true or false. When someone says something is sad, that is their opinion.
Actually what he said is that many will look at them and see thugs

Old 07-16-2013, 06:14 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Thankfully those boys were not stopped, detained and questioned about proof that they owned their bikes or questioned about where they were going. Luckily they didn't encounter a flashlight faux cop who thought that these young men "looked" suspicious.
Try to follow along here because it seems this is really complicated to you:

The purpose of a neighborhood watch is to watch the neighborhood.

If they see someone they don't know in the neighborhood at night and there have been recent multiple burglaries the neighborhood watch will watch that person.

It is not illegal to watch or follow a person.

It is a criminal act if the person being watched assaults the neighborhood watch person.

Someone who's being attacked has the right to defend themselves.

Get over it.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:30 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times
Doesn't matter what race, color or creed these guys are, nor the victim.

They are to be commended for their actions.

Victims, heroes and perps come in all different packages.

Thanks guys!

Old 07-16-2013, 06:54 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:

These are the kind of stories that the black community needs and type of children that the black community needs to promote. Everyone needs a hero.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:09 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I think your post is the first I've seen that calls ALL black male youths "thugs". Young blacks are like everyone else, individuals. It is the actions of some that makes them "thugs". If you steal, do "purple drank", vandalize property and viciously assault a stranger, yeah, you are a thug. And it doesn't matter if you're black, white or green. They make up a fairly small portion of young black males, many who are raised better.

The young heros that the OP posted about...they are NOT TRAYVON. Quite honestly, they reacted far more like George Zimmerman. They were pretty lucky that the man they followed...wasn't another Trayvon Martin.

Couldn't have said it any better-

This is a GREAT story-too bad the OP had to put in his "digs"

Old 07-16-2013, 07:12 AM

1 posts, read 924 times
Thank you my brave young men for helping this child. If it wasn't for both of you, she would have been terribly hurt. God is going to bless both of you.

EDav

Old 07-16-2013, 07:13 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:

The young girl's family members told NBC’s Lancaster affiliate WGAL that a 5-year-old girl was playing in the front yard last week when she disappeared.
Civic minded kids are always a great story. I don't know why you had to bring their color into it.

I think it's quite a stretch to say they saved the girl. Why didn't the guy just drive away? They were on bikes. Something weird to this story.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:19 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
I think these two teens are heroes... They are what makes me think that this planet still has a chance... and then I hear the bitter whining of other people and see the big obstacles they have in their path.... the "me" attitude...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies