Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 07:22 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times

Advertisements

Good for them!

Old 07-16-2013, 08:23 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Are these young men thugs too?

Teens on bicycles help rescue missing 5-year-old girl - U.S. News

Two teenage boys chased a man in a car around a Pennsylvania neighborhood on their bicycles after recognizing a little girl inside who had been missing for two hours, according to police.
The young girl's family members told NBC’s Lancaster affiliate WGAL that a 5-year-old girl was playing in the front yard last week when she disappeared.
Good work on their part.

Sadly if they were in FL the sex offender could legally kill them. I wouldn't be surprised if pedos start getting trigger happy

Old 07-16-2013, 08:29 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Good work on their part.

Sadly if they were in FL the sex offender could legally kill them. I wouldn't be surprised if pedos start getting trigger happy
Lie...

Old 07-16-2013, 08:30 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Good work on their part.

Considering Zimmerman was exonerated under basic self defense law. He would have been acquitted nationwide.

You must get your news from MSNBC.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:07 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I think your post is the first I've seen that calls ALL black male youths "thugs". Young blacks are like everyone else, individuals. It is the actions of some that makes them "thugs". If you steal, do "purple drank", vandalize property and viciously assault a stranger, yeah, you are a thug. And it doesn't matter if you're black, white or green. They make up a fairly small portion of young black males, many who are raised better.

The young heros that the OP posted about...they are NOT TRAYVON. Quite honestly, they reacted far more like George Zimmerman. They were pretty lucky that the man they followed...wasn't another Trayvon Martin.
Most accurate post on this thread.

Any man of any color who risks their personal safety for the benefit of others is a hero, period.

One of the biggest problems out there today is the fact that there are so many that only see color to further their political agenda.
They viciously attack, provoke, generalize, insult, anything they can think of to create the reaction they want.

How are they any different from when the "news" outlets started gasoline fires with igniters when they couldn't get the result they wanted to film?
"It Didn't Start With Dateline NBC" (National Review 6/21/93)

Creating a scenario to get desired results isn't good science. If you can't get the results you want, it means your hypothesis is flawed and you must consider that your preconceived notions are incorrect.

Those young men risked their lives to save that young girl and deserve all the credit in the world, the melatonin content of their epidermis means nothing, their actions mean everything.

All blood is red on this planet, (unless you are a horseshoe crab), and to risk spilling it for a good cause is laudable no matter what the color of the person risking it.

If a person acts like a hero, they are a hero. If they act like a thug, they are a thug. Simple.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:13 AM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
I think what the OP is trying to get at is this. So much negative attention towards Blacks, and a story like a Black kid saving a girl from abduction doesn't get as much attention as so much negative stuff about Blacks. I think that is that the OP was talking about.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:26 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Good thing this was not Florida. The pervert could have shot them and got away with it as "self defense". Probably could have shot the kid too if she kicked him in the shin. "My life was in danger, judge! Just look at this superficial bruise."

Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Good thing this was not Florida. The pervert could have shot them and got away with it as "self defense". Probably could have shot the kid too if he kicked him in the shin. "My life was in danger, judge!"
Yeah... no he couldn't.

But hey keep making crap up if it makes you feel better.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:31 AM

199 posts, read 241,645 times
What a wonderful outcome that could have been sad and tragic. I hope they catch the guy because you know he'll be looking out for another child in the future.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:02 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Are these young men thugs too?

Teens on bicycles help rescue missing 5-year-old girl - U.S. News

Two teenage boys chased a man in a car around a Pennsylvania neighborhood on their bicycles after recognizing a little girl inside who had been missing for two hours, according to police.
The young girl's family members told NBC’s Lancaster affiliate WGAL that a 5-year-old girl was playing in the front yard last week when she disappeared.
good for them, now can you please drop this racial issue? Two young boys are heroes and it makes no difference what color they are or the color of the young child they rescued, anymore than if it was a Asian child and 2 Hispanics saved her or a native American and the little girl was black...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies