Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 09:21 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,027 times

Advertisements

Reminds me of a banner I saw at UNLV while I was attending classes there.

"I think, therefor I vote Democrat"

I busted up laughing as I walked by their booth, they were not happy with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
As if a spelling error invalidates the argument presented in the video.
No, but the content contained therein does.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:44 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post

If Democrats could think, they would not be Democrats now would they? I should have read I feel, therefor I vote Democrat"

The part that have given us the follwing..

Woodrow Wilson who gave us
Prohibition.
1917 espionage act.
Segregation of the military.
The Federal Reserve bank.
The 16 Amendment that started the great looting of the wealth if the American people
The 17 Amendments that stolen the voice of the states in the federal government.
The Eugenics movement that would go on to inspired the Nazis,

If you don't believe me please Google it.
http://bit.ly/15PwSyx
The truth has not agenda but the media and politicians do.

Or FDR who gave us
A Prolonged "Great Depression"
A slew of failed work programs that did nothing but created more debt
The Gold confiscation act of 1933 the rob the American people of the a vast majority of their wealth.
The National Firearms Act, which taxes so heavily the basic right of keep and bearing certain type of arms they become unaffordable to the common men.
Executive order 9066 which rounded up Americans of Japanese, Italian, and German ancestry.

How about LBS oh I mean LBJ who once said
“I'll have those ******s voting Democratic for the next 200 years. [Touting his underlying intentions for the "Great Society" programs, LBJ confided with two like-minded governors on Air Force One]”

The Great Society Act, which after spending 15 trillion dollars on welfare and entitlement programs, their is more poverty in America today then pre "Great Society Act"

Study: $15 trillion in welfare spending has had little impact since 1964 | Deseret News

Block the Civil Rights Acts of 1957.

Signed the Immigration and naturalization act of 1965, which changed our Immigration policies from favored educated and skilled workers to the 3rd world in order to import those who had Collectivistic of the democratic party, stacking the deck in their favor by importing people who "cast votes Americans don't want to cast", all the while screaming racist at the top of their lungs. such an act has cause massive changes in this nation, none for the better, driving down wages, turning away skilled labor, race base immigration quotes, importing people with view antithetical and harmful to the American way of life and system of government.

Signed the Gun Control Act of 1968, which just like the National Firearms Act of 1934, did nothing to pervert crime, just made it hard for Americans to excise to the right to keep and bear arms, infringing upon this right, using the assassinations of JFK, his brother bobby Kennedy and Martian Luther King JR as and excuse to limit the right's of the American people. all of the weapons used to assassinate those men were legality bought before hand.

Executive order 11110 which removed sliver for the American money supply, which in part allow the Statist to fund the welfare programs the fueled the growth of the massive entitlement class, which will vote for anyone who can and will give them more of someone else money.

The same party that Banned the new manufacture of the Machine guns to law abiding citizens via the Hughes Amendment to the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986, an amendment that was voted on and lost to a voice voted, and yet was not counted, and their for illegality added to the final bill.

You are not the party of freedom or liberty. you are the party of tyranny and oppression, all the while hiding behind the false guises and obstification.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Well they can not debate the facts and examples in this video, so this have to makes big deals about nothing in order to shift the spot light away for this fact, the classic look at the right hand not the left.

Just like their idol Barrack Obama

"If you can't beat your opponent's ideas, you distort those ideas -- maybe you just make some up! If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as somebody people should run away from. You make big elections about small things."

Old 07-18-2013, 01:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:

This man really does some up leftist very well.
What? Some what?
Well, the guy in the video did say "If some of these geniuses learned how to read and write properly, they wouldn't sound like an eleven year old. An eleven year old horse."
Then the follow-up comment made by what is, apparently, an eleven-yr old horse, is absolutely priceless! Thanks for the laugh!

Last edited by weltschmerz; 07-18-2013 at 01:12 PM..

Old 07-18-2013, 01:07 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post

I bet those students with that banner are sad every day because you laughed at them. I bet they still think about that moment all the time. You showed them!

Old 07-18-2013, 01:11 PM

15,863 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
He hits on some excellent points. Young Liberals are often so utterly convinced their side is correct that they will completely block out any opposing opinions and happily live in their own little echo chambers -- the exact behavior they detest from Evangelicals or die-hard Fox News fans. When their opinions are reinforced by movies, TV shows, left-leaning sites like Reddit and their teachers and professors, they've surrounded themselves with walls that encourage close-minded thought.
You haven't been on City-Data much if you think this is unique to any age group or political affiliation. The internet makes it easier for EVERYONE to isolate themselves among like-minded people. Look at the "Free Jokar" crowd or birthers who come from two very different demographics.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:14 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
You haven't been on City-Data much if you think this is unique to any age group or political affiliation. The internet makes it easier for EVERYONE to isolate themselves among like-minded people. Look at the "Free Jokar" crowd or birthers who come from two very different demographics.
You assume that one's political beliefs are determined by the media. I'd argue it's the other way around. First you determine your beliefs, then you seek out media to affirm it.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
What? Some what?
Well, the guy in the video did say "If some of these geniuses learned how to read and write properly, they wouldn't sound like an eleven year old. An eleven year old horse."
Then the follow-up comment made by what is, apparently, an eleven-yr old horse, is absolutely priceless! Thanks for the laugh!
So instead of look at the culture of anti fascist fascism, you look at a Homonym. that makes sense.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:34 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:

No, the argument in the video invalidates the argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies