Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 03:15 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times

Advertisements

total witch hunt....unreal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 03:17 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
This is only being allowed to happen because Eric Holder is a black man. If he were of a different race, he would've already asserted that there's no evidence to file "civil rights violation" charges against Zimmerman.
Really. I appreciate your insight and use of the race card

Old 07-16-2013, 03:19 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
George Zimmerman: DOJ solicits help from civil rights leaders in Zimmerman investigation - OrlandoSentinel.com

Justice Department Sets Up Email Address to Get Tips About Zimmerman to Build Civil Rights Case

Im stunned. Really. This just gets worse and worse. I will be spamming the hell out of this email account, thats for sure. I have never seen so much action and attempts to destroy one man. One man who was found Not Guilty. Unreal
You do understand the that zimmerman was aquitted in a state court. the federal government has not had any imput into that trial. A civil rights lawsuit is not more..."attemps".

Sorry you are so upset, but that is zimmerman's cost of being reckless and violating Trayvon Martin's civil rights.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:21 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
You do understand the that zimmerman was aquitted in a state court. the federal government has not had any imput into that trial. A civil rights lawsuit is not more..."attemps".

Sorry you are so upset, but that is zimmerman's cost of being reckless and violating Trayvon Martin's civil rights.
Even the FBI found it was not a racial thing but we all know they are wrong and full of racist.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:21 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
We the public are the enemy to our government masters
too true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Personally I disagree with the jury's verdict; I'd have voted to convict him of manslaughter.
i wouldnt bet on that. remember that you only saw the evidence that the government wanted you to see, perhaps if you saw ALL the evidence in the case, you may have voted the same way. from what i understand, when the jurors took their first vote, it was 5-1 for acquittal.

Quote:
Having said that, I think a DOJ investigation is a waste of time. They'll never get him on a civil rights violation. The burden of proof is too great. It's a tremendous waste of taxpayer money.
if they try for civil rights violations, and teh judge doesnt throw the case out of court immediately, then we will know that the prosecution is politically motivated because the only people that can be tried for civil rights violations are those that operate under the color of law, meaning anyone working for the government. and since zimmerman did not work for the government, there can be NO civil rights violation.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:25 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:

The FBI, part of the DOJ, has already investigated this. They found no evidence of a civil rights violation. Now, because the verdict didn't meet their preconceived ideas, they want to open an e-mail account and hope someone will give them evidence of something because they have nothing to support the claim other than skin color, and according to some, different skin tone must indicate racism. What a sad and pathetic prism of a worldview.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:27 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
too true.

i wouldnt bet on that. remember that you only saw the evidence that the government wanted you to see, perhaps if you saw ALL the evidence in the case, you may have voted the same way. from what i understand, when the jurors took their first vote, it was 5-1 for acquittal.

if they try for civil rights violations, and teh judge doesnt throw the case out of court immediately, then we will know that the prosecution is politically motivated because the only people that can be tried for civil rights violations are those that operate under the color of law, meaning anyone working for the government. and since zimmerman did not work for the government, there can be NO civil rights violation.
That's not what I've heard and read. Half of them voted to convict:
Zimmerman Juror: Half Of Us At First Voted To Convict

Frankly, I wonder how their minds were changed. I hope we get to hear from them at some point waaay in the future.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:28 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Sounds like they are despite. But then if you look at verdict they found Zemmerman not guilty based o self defense for his life. Mean the teen was assaulting him. Self defense by a criminal jury is near impossible to over come when it based o who assaulted who in a civil rights case which is why its never used in individual versus say police case. It would be a dangerous presidence to set I individual homicide because it opens up double jeopardy in all cases.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:30 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Really. I appreciate your insight and use of the race card
Call it what you will. If this constitutes "use of the race card" then I guess I learned it by watching the pros: Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

Interesting image. I didn't know that race was solely about "the color of your skin".

Old 07-16-2013, 03:38 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:

There is zero evidence of racism of any sort. The FBI already investigated. This is a travesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies