Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 06:39 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Prosecutor in a bit of hot water, part of it for witholding statements. Somebin relation with TM beating GZ. Oops

Zimmerman Prosecutor Angela Corey Under Fire For Alleged Professional Breaches | JONATHAN TURLEY

Angela Corey
and this along similar lines:
One of the most liberal defense lawyers in the nation, Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz:"I think there were violations of civil rights and civil liberties -- by the prosecutor. The prosecutor sent this case to a judge, and willfully, deliberately, and in my view criminally withheld exculpatory evidence. ... The prosecution should be investigated for civil rights violations, and civil liberty violations."

Old 07-18-2013, 06:40 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Prosecutor in a bit of hot water, part of it for witholding statements. Somebin relation with TM beating GZ. Oops

Zimmerman Prosecutor Angela Corey Under Fire For Alleged Professional Breaches | JONATHAN TURLEY

Angela Corey
Bet'cha this ties to a certain "non-functional" flashlight.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:42 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
What is so important here?
The fraudulent nature of the justice system and an opportunist creep.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:45 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
They are doing what they need to do: speaking up for their dead son.

That's funny, Trayvon's parents are being interviewed on CNN right now, and they just said why they were at the trial, and his mother answered, "We are the face of Trayvon. We speak for Trayvon." --or something to that effect.

It's up to them when it's enough---wouldn't you agree?

Sure, they can beat a dead horse until the cows come home.

(Pun unintended.)

BUT ... they're being used. IMHO, people (Crump amongst them) are in their ear telling them that they can't believe that GZ was found not guilty and that they need to continue their publicity tour.

Otherwise, how are Al Sharpton & Crump and his cronies going to get air time? And if they disappear off our screens - who will buy the buttons, posters & tshirts?

Old 07-18-2013, 06:47 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
and this along similar lines:
One of the most liberal defense lawyers in the nation, Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz:"I think there were violations of civil rights and civil liberties -- by the prosecutor. The prosecutor sent this case to a judge, and willfully, deliberately, and in my view criminally withheld exculpatory evidence. ... The prosecution should be investigated for civil rights violations, and civil liberty violations."

......Says the man who helped Claus von Bulow, OJ Simpson, and sexual predator Jeffrey Epstein beat their charges....

Old 07-18-2013, 06:49 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,704,020 times
Quote:
No.
It failed with Casey Anthony and OJ. Not here.
My opinion's not changing, and neither is yours.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:50 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Bet'cha this ties to a certain "non-functional" flashlight.
I'll quote a piece for you;

"Making use of a quirk of Florida law that gives prosecutors, for any case except first-degree murder, the option of filing an affidavit with the judge instead of going to a grand jury, Corey filed an affidavit that, according to Dershowitz, “willfully and deliberately omitted” crucial exculpatory evidence: namely, that Trayvon Martin was beating George Zimmerman bloody at the time of the fatal gunshot. So Corey avoided a grand jury, where her case likely would not have held water, and then withheld evidence in her affidavit to the judge. “It was a perjurious affidavit,” Dershowitz tells me, and that comes with serious consequences: “Submitting a false affidavit is grounds for disbarment.”"

Old 07-18-2013, 07:18 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Do you have a link for that? Because I don't think they were necessarily dropped. I believe he accepted a plea deal and the two felonies were reduced to misdemeanors as long as he completed court-mandated Anger Management classes.
I had to leave my computer for a while today and am just getting back to respond to you. Sorry for the delay as I see the thread has moved along.

The pertinent information to know is that GZ had charges brought, but NO Convictions (2005). He had assault on law enforcement, resisting arrest with violence. Both dropped to resisting arrest without violence and then dropped all together.

On his domestic violence (2005) with Veronica Zuazo, she filed a motion for a Restraining Order and he counter filed. The Orders were mutual and eventually discharged.

George had obtained a lawful Conceal Carry license. That means that he passed BOTH a State and Federal background check. Had he ever been convicted or pled guilty to a felony, he would not have been able to obtain a CHL.

As to his relative (Witness #9) claiming "molestation", that is suspect. O'Mara talked about her trying to sell her story to People Magazine - very suspect. The Judge rejected the calls and the audio tape of her interview because her story was uncorroborated and, therefore, was not admissible.

Also suspect is her comment on George being a racist - "I can't remember anything, but that's just a known thing that that's how his family feels."

Old 07-18-2013, 07:22 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Sure, they can beat a dead horse until the cows come home.

(Pun unintended.)

BUT ... they're being used. IMHO, people (Crump amongst them) are in their ear telling them that they can't believe that GZ was found not guilty and that they need to continue their publicity tour.

Otherwise, how are Al Sharpton & Crump and his cronies going to get air time? And if they disappear off our screens - who will buy the buttons, posters & tshirts?
Why do you think the parents are being used. They're not dumb. They know exactly what they're part of. Trayvon's not coming back. Why return to their lives of work and drudgery and obscurity when they can travel the country and world, mingle with the famous, run a foundation.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:22 PM

998 posts, read 1,215,360 times
Rachel Jeantel Believes Trayvon Martin Swung FIRST On Zimmerman

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies