Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 01:48 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,658 times

Advertisements

[quote=Futuremauian;30610303]
Quote:

Still hostile and aggressive. I never once suggested "all black men are criminals." You did that!
What I said is that I (and probably most people, of every race) would feel more unsafe when approached by an unfamiliar black man, than white man, because crime statistics have taught us to beware. With white on white murder, usually they know each other. With black on white crimes of any kind, usually not. (No doubt the reverse is true as well.) Poor white neighborhoods have a much lower murder rate than equally poor black neighborhoods. Which would be statistically safer for me?
Twisting or parsing the data to fit your agenda does not change the facts, only perceptions of it.
No all you've done is try and justify your racist beliefs. Have at it. It's a free country.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Is this per capita? Definitely not in actual numbers. Can you provide a link to this information?
Meanwhile, the focus of your rant has been about the innocence of black men. How many of them are going to college?
Picking and choosing factoids to defend a flawed position does not prove anything.
Good News: Black Women Enroll In College More Than Any Race And Gender | Naturally Moi

All backed up by U.S. Census data. Not not actual numbers, but percentage wise.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Nothing... and I mean nothing you just wrote, made a lick of sense. You tell me to read a book, yet, you cannot write a coherent or grammatically legible thought in the English language.

You see how I might find you difficult do deal with?
This is a travesty not only did you miss history class but you also missed reading comprehension. If you spent less time profiling black men and more time in school, perhaps you wouldn't be struggling so much.

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
I hate when some people attempt to use statistics on this site. And they try to use it to make it sound like you should be rightfully wary of black people in general.

The statistics actually translate to:

If you are white, a white person is overwhelmingly most likely to kill you.
If you are white, a white person is overwhelmingly most likely to rape you
If you are white, a white person is overwhelmingly most likely to rob you/assault you/burglarize your home.

If you are black, a black person is overwhelmingly most likely to kill you.
If you are black, a black person is overwhelmingly most likely to rape you
If you are black, a black person is overwhelmingly most likely to rob you/assault you/burglarize your home.

Case in point, if you are white you should be more wary of the white folk around you. If you are black, well you already know.

2,356 posts, read 5,718,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
I can't believe such ignorance exist on this planet.

Should I presume that every white person I meet is a racist?? I mean I can't read minds. Most white people are said to be racist, perhaps they all are. Why can't whites take responsibility for the racist whites out here and fix them. Many whites are spouting off racist rhetoric on a daily basis.

If we got rid of all the white racist in the U.S., there would be no more racism in this country.

Should I get scared anytime a white man with a trench coat enters a building??? I mean white people do commit most of the mass murders in this country?
There would still be more then half the racism left! You forgot about black racism against whites!

"Forty-five percent of black crime is against whites, 43 against other blacks, and 10 percent against Hispanic"

"Blacks are 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against whites then vice versa"

Old 07-22-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
There would still be more then half the racism left! You forgot about black racism against whites!

"Forty-five percent of black crime is against whites, 43 against other blacks, and 10 percent against Hispanic"

"Blacks are 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against whites then vice versa"
Posting quotes around something doesn't make it fact. Where is your source?

Old 07-22-2013, 02:07 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,196 times
Quote:
This is a travesty not only did you miss history class but you also missed reading comprehension. If you spent less time profiling black men and more time in school, perhaps you wouldn't be struggling so much.
Say's the illiterate victim. BAHAHAHA!!!!!

Old 07-22-2013, 02:09 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,196 times
Quote:
Posting quotes around something doesn't make it fact. Where is your source?
Here's some facts for you, since you care so much about reading. lol!!!

Black America's Real Problem Isn't White Racism

Old 07-22-2013, 02:11 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,319,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Here's some facts for you, since you care so much about reading. lol!!!

Black America's Real Problem Isn't White Racism
Maybe you should research the term institutional racism.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:11 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
I said that as well.

Indeed, the numbers wouldn't be hard to verify either. In fact, it'd be quite easy; just an hour of number crunching in Excel with UCR numbers. If indeed true that US crime would equal that of Switzerland, it would be quite sobering.
The exercise required a bit of extrapolation since most countries don't measure rates the same. That said, the numbers don't become equivalent to that of Switzerland by a long shot.

The numbers drop when altogether factoring out the AA demographic from crime stats (victims & offenders) and adjusting U.S. population statistics.

For 2012 when altogether factoring out the AA demographic, the US Rate drops approximately from 103rd in the world (murder per capita) to approximately 125th (4.8 to 3.06 per 100,000)

For 2011 when altogether factoring out the AA demographic, the murder rate drops by about 44.4%.

Sources:
UNODC Murder Rates 2012

FBI - Race and Sex of Victim by Race and Sex of Offender, 2011

FBI Crime in the United States by Volume and Rate per 100,000 Inhabitants, 1992–2011
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies