Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 09:31 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,423,489 times

Advertisements

When looking at the reason Zimmerman was found not guilty, I came to the conclusion that I shouldn't be angry at Zimmerman for being found not guilty. I'm angry at the judicial system for allowing him to kill an unarmed innocent male (who happened to be black) over a basic fist fight that he was losing. In addition, I am angry at the fact that black males who are committing crimes have caused people to fear and be biased toward all black men.

Law abiding black males are, in a sense, victims too. Law abiding black males are victims of black males who commit crimes at an disproportionally higher rate than white males if that stat is accurate (even though there are reasons for their behavior which would need to be addressed in another forum) and this has resulted in BIAS and FEAR among white Americans as well as black Americans living in communities where they are reading about and seeing on the news crimes committed by black males.

Unfortunately, this is a problem for black males like me, who have never committed a crime, and basically can't walk down many streets in America without someone profiling us and asking what is this black guy up to or doing? This is my reality as a black man in 2013, and probably will continue to be as long as black males continue to commit crimes at high rates. I have already warned and told my two black sons that if they are confronted by anyone, try to be reasonable, courteous, and respectful or you may end up like Trayvon Martin.
What are your thoughts about this topic?

Old 07-16-2013, 09:47 PM

404 posts, read 385,612 times
I understand what you're saying.

However, there's evil in every race and group. You can't judge ALL by the actions of a few. If you have 100,000 white men hooked on meth running around robbing, and stealing do you blame the other 50 million white men in the country. Do you watch all white men closely because of the 100,000 meth addicts? NO!

This is what people have to learn. You are not responsible for those men that commit crimes. You're only responsible for you.

You have white gangs, black gangs, Hispanic gangs...I could go on and on.

You also have white, black, brown people getting up every morning to go to work, putting themselves through school and who are trying to live the "American Dream".

The thing is, the news tends to highlight the Black and Hispanic criminals more.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:50 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,100 times
well tell me, don't keep it inside, next time you see them speak your mind

Old 07-16-2013, 09:53 PM

560 posts, read 1,130,051 times
im not mad at all bankers even though a handful caused almost a complete meltdown of the system.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:54 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
I'm not mad at ALL Police just because some sell drugs, extort, kill people, etc.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:00 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
The majority of Black people aren't criminals.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:03 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,304 times
I don't. I am mad at black people who commit crimes against me , my family and friends, or especially heinous black people (eg, those guys in Texas who gang-raped an 11 year old girl, that black kid in the South that shot an infant in the face) it's not because they somehow cause other races to be afraid of me, because, to be truthful, they don't. That was built in back when white-on-black violence and terrorism was supported by our government. That's their problem to overcome, and it only involves me in that they keep trying to lay their own bigotry at my feet as if it were my fault.

No, I'm mad at them because they hurt other people in terrible ways, with no good reason behind it. I feel no different towards Jerry Sandusky or Charles Manson.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:06 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,120 times
I am 33 and never have been arrested in my life, I sure as hell do not have to apologize to society for black men who mess up. I did not create racism and discrimination and anything else in this dysfunctional society we live in. By that same logic, we should fear all white people dude to racism. The fear of Black men causing crime paranoia goes back to the early 1900's. Brother, it appears you have sad and pathetic case of Stockholm Syndrome.

What is Stockholm Syndrome? (Mental Health Guru) - YouTube

Old 07-16-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilipepper35 View Post
I understand what you're saying.

However, there's evil in every race and group. You can't judge ALL by the actions of a few. If you have 100,000 white men hooked on meth running around robbing, and stealing do you blame the other 50 million white men in the country. Do you watch all white men closely because of the 100,000 meth addicts? NO!

This is what people have to learn. You are not responsible for those men that commit crimes. You're only responsible for you.

You have white gangs, black gangs, Hispanic gangs...I could go on and on.

You also have white, black, brown people getting up every morning to go to work, putting themselves through school and who are trying to live the "American Dream".

The thing is, the news tends to highlight the Black and Hispanic criminals more.
I agree with you 100%. But and I mean But, black men who don't do crimes are still clumped in that group as if they are just as guilty as the few committing crimes. It's a hard pill for us to swallow when you know every where you go as a black man, someone is looking at me as if I am ready to do some criminal act or react in some negative way.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
I am 33 and never have been arrested in my life, I sure as hell do not have to apologize to society for black men who mess up. I did not create racism and discrimination and anything else in this dysfunctional society we live in. By that same logic, we should fear all white people dude to racism. The fear of Black men causing crime paranoia goes back to the early 1900's. Brother, it appears you have sad and pathetic case of Stockholm Syndrome.

What is Stockholm Syndrome? (Mental Health Guru) - YouTube
Stockholm Syndrome???? What I am saying is that, black men are in a unique situation only because the media, and gangsta rap keeps the negative stereotype going, and going, and going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies