Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 05:37 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,344,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If your daughter had been followed by car, then on foot in the dark would you tell your daughter not to put up a fight if that person got close enough to grab her? For one thing you'd expect her to scream for help wouldn't you which he could have been doing when he was killed but we'll never know the truth on that score. People keep assuming that Martin had no reason to fear Zimmerman because they themselves knew he was the neighborhood do-gooder and but Martin had no way of knowing that he wasn't a pervert or serial killer. Zimmerman could have and should have announced that he was the neighborhood watch and maybe this whole thing wouldn't have happened.
I'd tell her to run to the nearest occupied house, or use her phone (Martin was on the phone) to call the police.

I wouldn't tell her to start fighting the man, unless he grabbed her. Now its possible that Zimmerman grabbed Martin, its possible he got out of the car, gun drawn. But there is reasonable doubt, and none of that has anything to do with stand your ground.

Let's say my daughter is followed, and has a gun in her possession. The guy grabs her by the arm she shoots him. The stand your ground law protects her from prosecution.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He's not boycotting the state because of the Martin case per-say. He's boycotting the state because of their Stand Your Ground laws. If he starts a movement that others follow and it starts to hurt the state's economy then maybe their lawmakers will do some tweaking of that law. Stand Your Ground makes sense in your home, but it's like a license to kill on the streets, in my opinion, so long as you do it without any witnesses.
But this is because of the Martin/Zimmerman trial, and its kind of silly because stand your ground had nothing to do with this trial and acquittal.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:39 AM

40,937 posts, read 49,032,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Stevie needs new material and should start rapping with each song having the words n........, wh.... and bit... and he could fill any venue. If his rap is good he could be the first blind rapper who went to smack his bit.. and missed that was video taped and all over youtube. He could make a comeback, right?
Did you see the video of Stevie saying he would not come to FL ?

The guy was stoned on something.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:44 AM

7,910 posts, read 9,116,589 times
Yet he lives in a state and pays taxes to support that judicial system that uses stand your ground. What a fool.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:46 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,198,924 times
if some MF comes at me I am doing what ever I can to defend myself
we have had armed robberies right down the street from me as well as murders a guy was robing a couple a couple of years ago the guy being robbed shot him dead
what should he have done?? stand there and be killed?? ********* people
let yourself be in the position of having your head bashed in make sure you take it and do not lift a finger to protect yourself THEN you can say all this horse crap

Old 07-17-2013, 05:48 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,198,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Yet he lives in a state and pays taxes to support that judicial system that uses stand your ground. What a fool.

and I always like him I remember when he was on American Bandstand he was what 13??
I thought he had better sense than this

Old 07-17-2013, 05:49 AM

40,937 posts, read 49,032,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
I wonder if Stevie has ever used an armed body guard for self defense ?

Old 07-17-2013, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
if some MF comes at me I am doing what ever I can to defend myself
we have had armed robberies right down the street from me as well as murders a guy was robing a couple a couple of years ago the guy being robbed shot him dead
what should he have done?? stand there and be killed?? ********* people
let yourself be in the position of having your head bashed in make sure you take it and do not lift a finger to protect yourself THEN you can say all this horse crap
He shouldn't have gotten out of the car. That alone isn't illegal, but followed by him confronting Martin, he introduced negligence on his part. That opens him for a civil suit, and I hope Martins parents take him for every penny.

Illegal? No. Wrong place? Yep, but Zimmerman put himself in that place.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:54 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,356,396 times
Maybe Stevie can do a anti stand your ground video where they give him a gun and he shoots up the whole neighborhood but misses the bad guy.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:57 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,608,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
He shouldn't have gotten out of the car. That alone isn't illegal, but followed by him confronting Martin, he introduced negligence on his part. That opens him for a civil suit, and I hope Martins parents take him for every penny.

Illegal? No. Wrong place? Yep, but Zimmerman put himself in that place.
Evidence that Trayvon Martin Doubled Back

You should actually read the evidence before making assumptions-

Who cares...Stevie Wonder-another star who lives in a bubble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.