Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 12:21 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
ok..and which race is doing the worst job of raising their children? Go look up illegitimate birth rates...go look up drop out rates, go look up welfare rates. Get back to us with the facts....if you aren't afraid of the truth.
Like I said before, race doesn't determine behavior. Bad parenting, however, often does. We both know the statistics when it comes to illegitimate births. However, before 1970, the illegitimate birth rates were much lower for Blacks, and for people in general. Illegitimate birth rates have risen for not only Blacks, but for other ethnicities. We know the drop out rates are quite bad. However, why does anyone drop out of school? Ever asked yourself that?

It isn't statistics that is what is making me upset. I know the statistics. I've even mentioned it in a few threads. What is disturbing is that you truly believe that race determines behavior. If one's race determines someone having a child out of wedlock, then why is it that Black illegitimate births were much lower in 1900 than they are today?

You see, this is the difference between me and you. I see the statistics, and then I ask what is driving those statistics. I ask what is driving the illegitimate births in the Black population, or in the USA as a whole. When it comes to the murder rate, I ask questions such as "what are the situations in which these murders take place"? Which segment of the Black population is this happening the most? Or better yet, the prisons. Which percentage of Black prisoners grew up with no father in the house? Why did imprisonment rates rise in the 1970s? You see, I ask questions because I know being Black doesn't cause someone to be a criminal. However, you seem to be trying to prove such a case.

This is the thing. I'm not saying who because we know the WHO. Everyone knows the WHO. We are asking WHY? HOW? and WHEN? You aren't asking those questions.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:13 AM

28 posts, read 40,663 times
Default Please refer to link: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Evidence?
This was taken from the FBI Crime stats table.

Arrests, by Race, 2011
In 2011, 69.2 percent of all individuals arrested were white, 28.4 percent were black, and 2.4 percent were of other races.
Of all juveniles (individuals under the age of 18) arrested in 2011 in the nation, 65.7 percent were white, 32.0 percent were black, and 2.3 percent were of other races.
Nearly 70 percent (69.7) of all adults (18 years of age and over) arrested in 2011 were white, 27.9 percent were black, and 2.3 percent were of other races.
White individuals were arrested more often for violent crimes than individuals of any other race, accounting for 59.4 percent of those arrests.
The percentages of white adults and black adults arrested for murder were similar, with 48.2 percent being white, and 49.4 percent being black.
Juveniles who were black accounted for 51.4 percent of juvenile arrests for violent crimes.
Juveniles who were white accounted for 62.4 percent of juvenile arrests for property crimes.
Of the juveniles arrested for driving under the influence, 91.6 percent were white.
Juveniles who were white accounted for 72.9 percent of the persons under 18 who were arrested for arson in 2011.

Last edited by SOSAL; 12-28-2013 at 08:48 AM..

Old 12-28-2013, 08:19 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSAL View Post
This was taken from the FBI Crime stats table.

Arrests, by Race, 2011
In 2011, 69.2 percent of all individuals arrested were white, 28.4 percent were black, and 2.4 percent were of other races.
Of all juveniles (individuals under the age of 18) arrested in 2011 in the nation, 65.7 percent were white, 32.0 percent were black, and 2.3 percent were of other races.
Nearly 70 percent (69.7) of all adults (18 years of age and over) arrested in 2011 were white, 27.9 percent were black, and 2.3 percent were of other races.
White individuals were arrested more often for violent crimes than individuals of any other race, accounting for 59.4 percent of those arrests.
The percentages of white adults and black adults arrested for murder were similar, with 48.2 percent being white, and 49.4 percent being black.
Juveniles who were black accounted for 51.4 percent of juvenile arrests for violent crimes.
Juveniles who were white accounted for 62.4 percent of juvenile arrests for property crimes.
Of the juveniles arrested for driving under the influence, 91.6 percent were white.
Juveniles who were white accounted for 72.9 percent of the persons under 18 who were arrested for arson in 2011.

Very interesting statistics. Haven't even had time to process them yet but some of the numbers jumped out.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
ok..and which race is doing the worst job of raising their children? Go look up illegitimate birth rates...go look up drop out rates, go look up welfare rates. Get back to us with the facts....if you aren't afraid of the truth.
Uh think you might want to look up does "Statistics" be warned you might not like what you find. The truth is, brace yourself! All you wrote also applies to a large portion of whites... Yes I do agree with you on some aspects but I firmly believe in this verse: “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Very interesting statistics. Haven't even had time to process them yet but some of the numbers jumped out.
I know, and these so-called "facts"( statistics) aren't that far out if date either. Believe what any of you want, but the stats are here.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:01 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
This is how I look at statistics. You have the statistics, and then you have the individuals behind those statistics. For every number that makes up those statistics, you have an individual contributing to it. WHO and HOW MUCH is already before us. We already know that. No point in re-iterating it over and over. It isn't that no one knows this. Other questions we need to ask as "WHY"? WHY are some individuals behaving like this? What contributes to anyone of any race behaving like criminals?

Old 12-28-2013, 12:13 PM

304 posts, read 782,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
By the Numbers: More Black Men in Prison Than in College? Think Again

In 2010 there were 844,600 black males in prison, and 1,341,354 in college. And keep in mind the count for prison is all men over 18, and while the college count is only aged 18-24.
curious to see the prison-college stats for Asian-Americans.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:34 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Like I said before, race doesn't determine behavior. Bad parenting, however, often does. We both know the statistics when it comes to illegitimate births. However, before 1970, the illegitimate birth rates were much lower for Blacks, and for people in general. Illegitimate birth rates have risen for not only Blacks, but for other ethnicities. We know the drop out rates are quite bad. However, why does anyone drop out of school? Ever asked yourself that?

It isn't statistics that is what is making me upset. I know the statistics. I've even mentioned it in a few threads. What is disturbing is that you truly believe that race determines behavior. If one's race determines someone having a child out of wedlock, then why is it that Black illegitimate births were much lower in 1900 than they are today?
Interesting. If race determined behavior, then why was that behavior lower in 1900 than today? Okay let's use similar reasoning - if prejudice is the cause of the problems in the black community, then why were those problems lower in 1900 than today?

Why were black families more stable, black crime lower, and black unemployment lower before the civil rights movement than they are today if the reason those things are so prevalent today is truly the racism that liberals claim?
Quote:
You see, this is the difference between me and you. I see the statistics, and then I ask what is driving those statistics. I ask what is driving the illegitimate births in the Black population, or in the USA as a whole. When it comes to the murder rate, I ask questions such as "what are the situations in which these murders take place"? Which segment of the Black population is this happening the most? Or better yet, the prisons. Which percentage of Black prisoners grew up with no father in the house? Why did imprisonment rates rise in the 1970s? You see, I ask questions because I know being Black doesn't cause someone to be a criminal. However, you seem to be trying to prove such a case.

This is the thing. I'm not saying who because we know the WHO. Everyone knows the WHO. We are asking WHY? HOW? and WHEN? You aren't asking those questions.
But you'll only ask those questions honestly when you like the answers. Bob Beckel is the only staunchly liberal person on the national scene I know of who admits that the Great Society made mistakes that engendered government dependency promoting a culture of illegitimacy and lack of work ethic in large segments of the black community. All the other liberals I know of blame it all on Republicans and their racism.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
skin tone does not determine criminal behavior. culture fosters criminal behavior.
denying that behavior exists or is present is the most damaging behavior possible.
thank God there are people in the community that agree, Jessie Jackson being one of them.
let us change the culture of violence and disrespect.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:47 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Factor out the bastardization rate and the black versus white crime stats rate are practically identical. Let's stop subsidizing the birthing of bastards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies