Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 09:07 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I think if the two had met, GZ had said, hi, I'm neighborhood watch, don't recognize you, are you visiting here? And TM had said, yeah I'm at my dad's girlfriend's down there third door on the right, each would have gone their way. Bad judgment on Z's part to get out of the car, bad judgment on TM's part to double back and confront. In testimony I believe Rachel told TM to run home, the guy could be a rapist. It has been suggested that TM may have thought GZ is gay, and went back to beat him up. He was a fighter, remember?
Now, it can't be proved that's what TM thought, but if it was, then he committed a hate crime in attacking Z.

There are things about this case we may never know, but it's time to accept the jury's verdict and let it go.
Is there proof that Martin made it to his dad's house and doubled back or was that Zimmerman's story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 09:08 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What facts? Who attacked who first was never proven nor is it fact that TM was the aggressor. In fact in the absence of fact or evidence one might conclude that Zimmermans actions leading up to the altercation indicate that he was the aggressor.
1 person decided that another had no right to be out walking.
1 person decided based on his gut that another was a criminal.
1 person armed and violating Neighborhood watch rules took it upon himself to pursue another.
these 3 things are fact.
1 person lied repeatedly. Fact
1 person had minor injuries. Fact
TM had a 1/4 inch by 1/8 inch abrasion on his finger. Fact
No bruises on his knuckles. Fact
NO GZ DNA on his skin or clothes Fact
Nothing to suggest a ground and pound MMA style beat down as described by Zimmerman.
Gun in back of waist band. Lay on your back and try to draw the weapon. I have and can't draw and that is with no one sitting on top of me.
The events many GZ worshippers call fact are simply regurgitations of GZ's many lies.
TM was killed at point blank range. Fact
As far as being beaten to death or in danger of being beaten to death? Not a fact, not proven and certainly not demonstrated based on light injuries to GZ.
What is also fact is due to poor witnesses and even worse evidence GZ was acquitted.
In a nutshell.

PS: I'm glad you tried it on the ground too. Hard no?

Old 07-17-2013, 09:08 AM

370 posts, read 246,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Attorney Generals don't make laws, so not sure why you would worry about it.
Holder obviously picks and chooses which laws he wants to enforce or ignore, though

Old 07-17-2013, 09:09 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
Holder obviously picks and chooses which laws he wants to enforce or ignore, though
He can pick a law to enforce, but it has to exist in the first place, he can't create laws, that's the legislative branch.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:13 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Should I be allowed to defend myself if a non-law enforcement personal is following me and I am in fear for my safety?
Following you? No.

Physically attacking you? Yes.

Exactly what happened in the Zimmerman/Martin incident, and EXACTLY why the jury returned an acquittal.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Following you? No.

Physically attacking you? Yes.

Exactly what happened in the Zimmerman/Martin incident, and EXACTLY why the jury returned an acquittal.
Zimmerman changed his story and the jury believed him. He's caught lying.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:16 AM

370 posts, read 246,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
He can pick a law to enforce, but it has to exist in the first place, he can't create laws, that's the legislative branch.
Yes..we know. Are you ok with holder deciding to disregard the jury verdict and try to railroad some "civil rights" violation against zimmerman?

How about "fast and Furious"? you ok with holder's conduct in that debacle?

How about allowing the irs to use their power to harass political groups he disagrees with?

Refusing to prosecute the black panthers for obstructing a polling place? That's against the law, too...but alas..eric "my people" holder has little regard for settled law.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I hope you are starting to see the point being made, Martin didn't just randomly start attacking Zimmerman, there were events that lead to that point and something had to happen to cause Martin to fight back
Fight back from what? Z never did anything illegal.

Given the fact that the forensic evidence proves that TM had no physical injuries other than those consistent with battering someone else, and that Z had battery injuries, the actual forensic evidence does in fact overwhelmingly indicate that TM started illegally physically attacking Z. To which, Z was legally permitted to act in self-defense.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So what caused Martin to attack Zimmerman? Was Zimmerman following Martin or did he go back to his car?
Following someone is not illegal.

The only illegal act committed that night was when TM battered Z, to which Z was legally permitted to act in self-defense. It's sad and tragic, but TM chose his own fate when he decided to commit battery.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
Yes..we know. Are you ok with holder deciding to disregard the jury verdict and try to railroad some "civil rights" violation against zimmerman?

How about "fast and Furious"? you ok with holder's conduct in that debacle?

How about allowing the irs to use their power to harass political groups he disagrees with?

Refusing to prosecute the black panthers for obstructing a polling place? That's against the law, too...but alas..eric "my people" holder has little regard for settled law.
You are derailing the thread, and as i stated, Holder can't create any laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies