Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 05:59 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,557,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
When i grew up in southfield and oak park thats what we called it when it was a one sided fight.
Why not a Romulus beatdown? Or a Troy beatdown? Perhaps a Taylortucky takedown?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 06:00 PM

596 posts, read 729,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnote11 View Post
There is a difference between following with intent and following because they happen to be going the same way as you. Stop with the equivocation, because it really isn't becoming.
You certainly did put that in a very nice way. I would have just said that he's full of s**t. I also live just outside DC (like that poster claims), and everybody knows that in a metro area of that size you're going to be "followed" by countless people simply due to the sheer volume of people who live there. However, an intelligent and aware person clearly knows the difference between being followed because you live in a crowded area when you're out and about during a time where there are lots of people around, vs. the feeling of being followed at night, in the dark, by a stranger, when there's no one else around (which is what actually took place in this case). To even try to compare those two situations is completely ridiculous.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:05 PM

3,404 posts, read 3,447,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Why not a Romulus beatdown? Or a Troy beatdown? Perhaps a Taylortucky takedown?
No idea. We were north of detroit so only troy would count for us and troy people were considered pusses.

Tough ment detroit back in the early 80's.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:13 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,557,379 times
Quote:
No idea. We were north of detroit so only troy would count for us and troy people were considered pusses.

Tough ment detroit back in the early 80's.
I was just kidding, really. I'm a U of M grad and remember most of the old stereotypes.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I was just kidding, really. I'm a U of M grad and remember most of the old stereotypes.
So i am not the only one who remembers that. Desert detroiter claims to never had heard it. Maybe hes too young.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,151,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
That's correct, I would keep walking. You can soil your pants if you feel the need to.
And what if the person confronts you, accuses you of being a burglar, and then tries to attack you....would you still just try and keep walking?

Old 07-18-2013, 07:11 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,513,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
That's correct, I would keep walking. You can soil your pants if you feel the need to.
I would keep walking too.

I find it interesting that TM chose to talk to his girlfriend rather than call for help if he felt so threatened by GZ following him. The conversation with his girlfriend indicates he was angry about being followed not in fear.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And what if the person confronts you, accuses you of being a burglar, and then tries to attack you....would you still just try and keep walking?
You then defend yourself... But if he stops fighting and calls for help you need to stop too. You are defending yourself not assulting someone. You need to be in control of your actions and the minute you dont realize that you leave yourself open for problems.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:16 PM

199 posts, read 241,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I would keep walking too.

I find it interesting that TM chose to talk to his girlfriend rather than call for help if he felt so threatened by GZ following him. The conversation with his girlfriend indicates he was angry about being followed not in fear.
I don't know if any teenager would think to call 911 if a suspicious guy was following him. Especially if he was black.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:31 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,151,656 times
Quote:
You then defend yourself... But if he stops fighting and calls for help you need to stop too. You are defending yourself not assulting someone. You need to be in control of your actions and the minute you dont realize that you leave yourself open for problems.
You mean like an armed adult being told by a 911 operator that he shouldn't pursue a teen, nor confront him, and then when realizing that he got into more than he could handle, then shooting the unarmed teen to "defend" himself. If the teen had a gun he too could of defended himself and killed his attacker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies