Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 11:52 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,514,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
See, where you got confused is that they are talking about kids that were raised right. Otherwise, you just have an embarrassingly dumb strawman attempt.

Annie Oakley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is rather difficult to have a real discussion when someone bursts out terms like "raised right". I'm sure you know this, MathGuy. Anytime someone does something they disapprove of, one can easily just say, "Well, they weren't raised right!" It is the ultimate post-hoc.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:07 PM

376 posts, read 295,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnote11 View Post
It is rather difficult to have a real discussion when someone bursts out terms like "raised right". I'm sure you know this, MathGuy. Anytime someone does something they disapprove of, one can easily just say, "Well, they weren't raised right!" It is the ultimate post-hoc.

I think what he meant by "raised right" is "has been led to believe in no uncertain terms that it is an intensly bad idea to mess with Pops firearms without permission and supervision"

Old 07-18-2013, 12:10 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Remember a while back when we had the usual "mountain men" of the forum telling us how most kids should be fine with guns, how they already knew how to shoot a rifle before they got out of diapers, etc.?

NYC 4th-Grader Brings Gun to Summer School, Points It at Classmates: Officials | NBC New York

The conservative utopia is one step closer! Now the next step is to (1) arm all of the other 4th graders, and (2) ensure that their guns are loaded next time. We can trust that they will do the right thing. This is America. It's in dat dere Constatooshin, folks! I see nothing about an age limit anywhere in the Second Amendment. So let's be rigid adherent to the literal words on the page and get those little kids strapped.

Man, it was pure dumb luck that .45 wasn't loaded. I wonder if he found it, or did the parent or parents purchase it illegally, since the serial numbers were filed off?

Old 07-18-2013, 12:13 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
How does he get the gun in the city with the most stringent gun laws in the country? I guess "liberals" must be embarrassed then that gun laws don't apparently work, huh OP?
They don't check people for guns when entering NYC.
Quick trip to VA, NC, SC... and you're good to go.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:15 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
See, where you got confused is that they are talking about kids that were raised right. Otherwise, you just have an embarrassingly dumb strawman attempt.

Annie Oakley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sorry what? Kids being raised with guns in the home is being raised right.
Isn't it?

Old 07-18-2013, 12:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Remember a while back when we had the usual "mountain men" of the forum telling us how most kids should be fine with guns, how they already knew how to shoot a rifle before they got out of diapers, etc.?

NYC 4th-Grader Brings Gun to Summer School, Points It at Classmates: Officials | NBC New York

The conservative utopia is one step closer! Now the next step is to (1) arm all of the other 4th graders, and (2) ensure that their guns are loaded next time. We can trust that they will do the right thing. This is America. It's in dat dere Constatooshin, folks! I see nothing about an age limit anywhere in the Second Amendment. So let's be rigid adherent to the literal words on the page and get those little kids strapped.
Yes, New York City is the bastion of conservativeness.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:16 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
It makes sense to allow the school bullies to carry. After all, you never know when someone they are picking on might hit the bully and make him fear for his life. Self-defense in situations like that is the right of everyone regardless of age.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:18 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,514,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient1 View Post
I think what he meant by "raised right" is "has been led to believe in no uncertain terms that it is an intensly bad idea to mess with Pops firearms without permission and supervision"
And if his parents did attempt to teach that and it seemingly worked and yet something still happened? Was he then not "raised right" [about firearms]?

Old 07-18-2013, 12:20 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Because clearly conservatives think people should violate the law? You guys are embarrassing..

And very ignorant. Reading some of their posts is certainly amusing.
Exciting news for conservatives" " Right wingers must be proud" Sounds like kindergarten days. Childish.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:21 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by NSHL10

How does he get the gun in the city with the
most stringent gun laws in the country?
I guess "liberals" must be embarrassed
then that gun laws don't apparently work, huh OP?
Do you mean to tell me there are border guards around each city and each state? I had NO idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies