Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 12:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Sounds like liberals sent those "tweets".

Liberals use Twitter more than conservatives.

Harrier doesn't know why they made those tweets, but he can surmise that they just weren't very well informed and didn't bother to do basic research before making their comments, which would tend to peg them as liberals.
Ha! Nice try.

I think we all know that the uninformed twits tweeting racist **** - were anything but liberal. The may have come directly from stormfront - you know, that bastion of liberal well wishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 12:39 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because we have so many illegals here that are welcomed by our government that every Hispanic person is seen as a "foreigner".

If we had control of our borders we wouldn't have 20 million here and if our government actually upheld the law people wouldn't be suspect of every Hispanic person.

We did this to ourselves.
So, conservative you is saying that these people couldn't have bothered to take the initiative and gone out to get to know some Hispanic Americans on their own?

If you can't do that in this day and age, you choose to be a racist. It's really that simple.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:23 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True.

I highly doubt that any of the same posters would be upset with latinos like Cristina Aguilera or Linda Ronstadt or even Selena Gomez or Julio Iglesias singing the anthem.

It's more the promotion of Latin America and it's culture that is resented. Not race at all.
You have a good point there.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:25 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Because we don't have a lack of rules on twitter like we do here. If allowed we'd see plenty of true colors.

This does remind me of the boy in San Antonio that got the same crap.
That boy was wearing a mariachi costume. He looked like an idiot up there. what the hell does mariachi have to do with baseball?

Old 07-20-2013, 02:31 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Lmao what a fail thread....

Not that Pr's rep America to the fullest. They do it when it's convenient. They love to exhibit their pride...and WANT independence but not at the expense of giving up the sweet benefits that come with being a commonwealth.
Marc Antony is a commonwealth...or are you going off on yet another "them people aren't...." rant. Oh My Lord, please think Mark is a commonwealth.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:33 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
So, conservative you is saying that these people couldn't have bothered to take the initiative and gone out to get to know some Hispanic Americans on their own?

If you can't do that in this day and age, you choose to be a racist. It's really that simple.
Uh; "Hispanic" ain't a race. Hell; it's not real safe for dark skin people like LatAm Hispanics in Hispanic Spain tho La Raza tries to claim the white Spaniards.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:37 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
MOST "Hispanics" in the US are at least quarter Indian like Aztec, Mayan, Mexican Apache and so on.

Welcome to 2013: prejudice is getting worse because of the illegal alien problem and possible "amnesty". Anthony sees a "Hispanic" in the mirror and lives up or down to that culture IMHO and other people pick up on it.
Who exactly is that onus on? Prejudice predates illegal aliens, "Amnesty" or Marc Anthony.

Quote:
"Marc Anthony sees a "Hispanic" in the mirror and lives up or down to that culture"...
What the **** does that mean????

Old 07-20-2013, 04:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post

Has nothing to do with "racism".

Old 07-20-2013, 04:40 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezkiln View Post
Tell me, how do you tell the difference between a Latina/o who was born here or is legal, and one who is here illegally? How do you separate the two and then decide how you are going to treat each one?
I can't and I never said that I could. Where are you going with this? If I knew a person was here illegally they certainly wouldn't warrant my respect, however.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:47 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,078 times
okay, I watched it on youtube.
he nailed it !
nice job, Marc !

Marc Anthony "God Bless America" - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies