Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 10:44 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The problem I have is that would he have followed a white teen in a hoodie. I'm just not sure he would.
Maybe he would have, maybe he wouldn't have, doesn't matter as far as his criminal case was concerned. Even if GZ was the biggest racist in town, it has no bearing on whether or not he fealt his life was in danger that night.

As far as civil rights violations, if it could be proved that Zimmerman was a racist { history of hate crimes, hate speech such as on social media or other outlets } then yes, the justice department may have a case. There was none of that though, the FBI looked and came up with nathing.

However, instead, there is much evidence to the contrary. He took a black woman to prom, he tutored black children in his home, even after the state cut funding to the program. I don't see how anyone can claim GZ is a racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Their people Aren't we all Americans. And some think Obama started race wars?? His election just woke up the dormant racists
You would like to think so wouldn't you? So would I. The fact is though, some in the black ciommunity are doing everything in their power to prevent that from happening. If you ask many of them, we are still living in the sixties. I wholeheartedly believe that "equality" is the last thing some people want, because that means that everyone would be on a level playing field, and with that comes responsibility and accountablity. There are many who seem to stop at nothing to keep racism alive in this country, even though as far as the majority of the white community is concerned, it has been long dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
I wonder why he feels the need to have all those guns. (NOT saying he doesn't have the right to)

Must be a scary world to live in when you [think you] need to carry a gun everywhere you go. SO sad.
Watch your late local at 11, this IS a scary world, and it's time you stop pretending that it isn't.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:37 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Why would they give him back his gun? So he can kill another teenager? No thanks, keep any firearms well away from Zimmerman. That murderer doesn't deserve to ever own one again.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:39 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,994,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Why would they give him back his gun? So he can kill another teenager? No thanks, keep any firearms well away from Zimmerman. That murderer doesn't deserve to ever own one again.
What "murderer" are you talking about?

The man in question was found not guilty because he acted in self defense.

What part of that do you not understand?

Old 07-19-2013, 03:27 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Federal investigation of a possible homicide?
Step 1.
Gather all available evidence that pertains to the case.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:49 AM

250 posts, read 399,754 times
Which Zimmerman are you talking about? I sure there's plenty. But George Zimemrman of Sanford, Florida is a law abiding citizen who is licensed by the state to carry a concealed firearm so I'm sure you wouldn't want to deny him his right, correct?

I agree that murderers shouldn't have weapons. I don't even think murderers should get plastic silverware, only chopsticks made of pasta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post

Old 07-19-2013, 05:27 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,344,416 times
The guy has a constitutional right to bear arms. He should file a lawsuit, denied rights. After all, he needs his gun now, with all the animosity being spewed at him.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:04 AM

57,221 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Are you involved in your local HOA?

No I am not, carrying on gun on your own is one thing but to have volunteers in community watch groups carrying weapons for HOA's is not a good choice.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:08 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Zimmerman would be wise to auction it on ebay when he eventually gets it back. Can you imagine what a wealthy wingnut would pay to have that gun over his mantle?

Old 07-19-2013, 06:09 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times
What does our white-black president have to say about this?

Old 07-19-2013, 06:15 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
What does our white-black president have to say about this?
Hey that is our black-white president the darker skin color always comes first
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies