Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 10:15 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Just lay mines all along the border. Maybe behind that a moat with alligators and crocodiles for those who gety through the minefield. Then set up .50 cal machine gun nests every so often and folks can volunteer to man them the bullets provided by the DHS. If you get by all that then you get a work visa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 10:20 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Just lay mines all along the border. Maybe behind that a moat with alligators and crocodiles for those who gety through the minefield. Then set up .50 cal machine gun nests every so often and folks can volunteer to man them the bullets provided by the DHS. If you get by all that then you get a work visa.
That cliché doesn't recognize altitude changes on the terrain...

Old 07-18-2013, 10:26 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Ah we will have to find some workarounds. Nothing is perfect. The mines should do the trick though. Many will chance chugging across the desert hauling water so they don't die. Heck if I were born in that dump of a country I'd want to get out too. Trying to maneuver through a minefield won't temp too many though I bet.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:45 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,753 times
Dig a 10 to 20 foot deep trench. Pile sand up along the trench (10 to 20ft). You effectively now have a 20 to 40 foot 'wall'.
Plant landmines along the bottom of the trench. Barbed wire fence along both sides of the trench. Infrared cameras along the trench. Drones overhead.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:33 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Dig a 10 to 20 foot deep trench. Pile sand up along the trench (10 to 20ft). You effectively now have a 20 to 40 foot 'wall'.
Plant landmines along the bottom of the trench. Barbed wire fence along both sides of the trench. Infrared cameras along the trench. Drones overhead.
"You know, I have one simple request, and that is to have sharks with frickin' laserbeams attached to their heads..."

It is hard to tell if some members are being serious on this topic...

Old 07-19-2013, 12:46 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Make it very painful for businesses and individuals that employ illegals, from Joe Blow who hires one to mow his lawn all the way up to the biggest corporations. It has to cost them more than they save by employing them. Hit 'em where it hurts, and hit them hard.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:01 AM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
"You know, I have one simple request, and that is to have sharks with frickin' laserbeams attached to their heads..."

It is hard to tell if some members are being serious on this topic...
I am being serious.

The cameras are already there. The fencing is too. Well some of it. Landmines, no issue there.
The trench, we have prisoners.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:03 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
What Fed agency would it create? Are you saying it's better to not stop people from hopping the border?
What I'm saying is that they need to substantially increase the penalties on companies/ppl that hire the illegals, eliminate free public education, food, housing and healthcare so that the illegals will go away on their own. A wall will just burden the taxpayers (those of us that actually pay taxes) even more than we are now and feed the likes of Halliburton for decades to come.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:08 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
I say more of a very thick and tall concrete wall, with cameras, barbed wiring, helicopter, and truck patrols. Perhaps make the wall go several feet underground as well.
This is the funniest thing I've read today, and I haven't even gotten near the end of the thread yet, thanks for making me laugh!

Quote:
The tunnels typically begin in a home in Mexico, run under the border fence and emerge in a warehouse district used to store products for legitimate cross-border trade. Border agents usually find them by watching warehouses on the U.S. side for activity that seems abnormal, such as late-night work shifts, or trucks parked out front that never seem to move.

In 2009, they discovered one beneath a false bathroom floor built onto a hydraulic lift that descended 90 feet below ground.
Mexican Drug Lords' Best-Kept Secret: Tunnel Engineers - WSJ.com

Old 07-19-2013, 05:59 AM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Which is still cheaper than the cost of illegal aliens. Don't forget all those union jobs democrats love building the fence and border patrol. This does not take into account the affect on illegal drugs.
So what do you do about the gulf states, how do you prevent entry by sea, what about the Canadian borders. We have Chinese and others being smuggled into the US, why would that not occur from Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies