Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Concealed Carry Should
Be Completely Banned For All Citizens 9 5.81%
Citizens should have to undergo lengthy Criminal background checks, mental health evaluations, and competency tests 19 12.26%
Let Each State and Locality adopt concealed carry laws as they see fit 31 20.00%
Leave concealed carry laws as they are currently 16 10.32%
Concealed carry should be allowed without a pernit for anyone legally able to own a firearm 80 51.61%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 11:53 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Keeping a presence of mind, saved my ladys life. It has saved me from making a huge mistake, and drawing my gun when tbere was another viable option, as well. The life saved that day, may, very well, have been worth saving.
Interesting. Would you care to elaborate here on the forum or through Direct message? If not, thats ok to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Personal Carry is common up here.. Just walk into a restaurant, store etc and you'll see a lot of concealed carry..I carry all the time.. It's not the wild west and criminals that shouldn't have guns are the ones you read about in the paper just like outside.. Now, every once in a while someone gets shot during a break in that deserves it.. you read about it on the paper and everyone goes on.
LMAO............ Uhhhh, if you can "see" it, it isn't concealed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 01:52 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Interesting. Would you care to elaborate here on the forum or through Direct message? If not, thats ok to.

LMAO............ Uhhhh, if you can "see" it, it isn't concealed.
Mmmm....Well, it was a rather bad time in my life. Had a lot going on, and my general outlook had been better. Anyway, my friend and I had gone and grabbed chow in a cafe in town. We walked out the door onto the street,and there was this ..punk..good a word as any leaning on the corner of the building. My buddy walked out toward tbe truck, and I slowed up, fishing for my keys. When I started walking again, this clown yells out, "Yea, you best keep on walking b***h!! " Just out of instinct, my head snapped around, I locked eyes with this idiot, and shtf. Before I even figured out what was going on, this cretin is closing, reaching around behind him like he's pulling something out, and two more came from somewhere and bracketed me. Mr. Mouth is closing, still fumbling with whatever it was, never found out, what he was trying to pull.

I'm thinking, real hard, about my LW Commander, in my wasteband, at this point, but, thought to locate my buddy. He was at my truck, which was only 15 or 20 feet away, with my dog, in the cab. So I just yelled at him to cut the dog loose, and threw an elbow into one of the guys bracketing me.

The dog flew in, and took the other one straight down, Mr. Mouth, stopped dead, The guy I had elbowed was hauling ass, when I looked again, Mr Mouth has disappeared to. They left their buddy tbat my dog took down holding the bag.

He was just a kid. 16 ,maybe. Patrons in the restaurant saw what was happening, and somebody had called the cops, who were rolling up, lights and sirens, as I called off my dog.

This kid, he's scared sh**less. And if he even so much as twitched, the dog would have had him again in half a second. The cops come charging up, I grab the dog and put him back in the truck. Folks who saw what happened from the restaurant, backed my buddy and I's story up. And they cuff this poor kid up and take him to get stitched up, anx see about tracking down his buddys. Yea, his buddys, alright. Just a stupid KID!! If I had gone for my weapon, he coulda been a DEAD, stupid kid. And it would have been a "good shoot". Cutting the dog loose turned out way better, for everyone.

They caught up with the other two, who were 20 somethings. The kid went to a juvy camp, the other two got county time for attempted assault.

I would like to think, that the kid learned his lesson and that being a punk that hangs with punks is not a good chosen path. Don't know, but, getting bailed on, chewed up, and almost killed is a good lesson, learned the best way. Hard.

I'm really glad I didn't draw. I was spooked, and almost did. The kid was on my weak side, and I carry cross draw. He would have took the first shots. I wasn't paying attention to how old any of them were. Hell, it was after sundown, and all there was, was the lamp post on the corner to see anyway. It could have been WAY bad.

Having the brain power to think about the dog, and my buddy being there to make it happen saved my conscience from a lifetime of hurt. And maybe, just maybe, helped straighten out a case of tbe stupids in that kid. I'd like to think so.

I have always had a less than lethal option on hand since. OC, stunner, . Like I said earlier, if someone MAKES me pull my gun, I'm figuring it's them or me, and they aren't worth saving, at that point. But I will make damn sure thats the case.

However, if the gun comes out, it WILL be used. Anyway, thats my incident of note and record. Maybe it helps clarify my lethal force philosophy some.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:30 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
See Exhibit A below:

Obviously I was joking about shooting a guy in the head...but still, if you shot a man point blank with a 9mm while he is eating another guy and just looks at you, growls, and keeps eating, you would have to wonder if you've walked into a Romero movie.

Quote:
You mean between head bounces on the concrete?

According to eye witness testimony, "the seventeen year old thug" was on top of Zimmerman just before the shot, overpowering him, so it can reasonably be believed that the same was true at the time the shot was fired. I don't think if you are being over powered an beaten, pulling a gun out and pointing it at the guy would not be a very good choice. You do that and your gun is likely going to be used to take your life, not save it.

It shouldn't have gotten that far. Granted, he may have gotten the drop on him, but still, if someone is charging me I'm either reaching for my gun or getting ready for an upper cut.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:01 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Default Your Thoughts On Citizens Carrying Concealed Firearms????

I like it, because if someone crosses me and talks or looks at me the wrong way, I'll stand my ground, and you know what that means. I prefer open carry so I can practice my fast draw though.

Wild, Wild West - The Escape Club - YouTube

Old 07-22-2013, 11:30 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Mmmm....Well, it was a rather bad time in my life. Had a lot going on, and my general outlook had been better. Anyway, my friend and I had gone and grabbed chow in a cafe in town. We walked out the door onto the street,and there was this ..punk..good a word as any leaning on the corner of the building. My buddy walked out toward tbe truck, and I slowed up, fishing for my keys. When I started walking again, this clown yells out, "Yea, you best keep on walking b***h!! " Just out of instinct, my head snapped around, I locked eyes with this idiot, and shtf. Before I even figured out what was going on, this cretin is closing, reaching around behind him like he's pulling something out, and two more came from somewhere and bracketed me. Mr. Mouth is closing, still fumbling with whatever it was, never found out, what he was trying to pull.

I'm thinking, real hard, about my LW Commander, in my wasteband, at this point, but, thought to locate my buddy. He was at my truck, which was only 15 or 20 feet away, with my dog, in the cab. So I just yelled at him to cut the dog loose, and threw an elbow into one of the guys bracketing me.

The dog flew in, and took the other one straight down, Mr. Mouth, stopped dead, The guy I had elbowed was hauling ass, when I looked again, Mr Mouth has disappeared to. They left their buddy tbat my dog took down holding the bag.

He was just a kid. 16 ,maybe. Patrons in the restaurant saw what was happening, and somebody had called the cops, who were rolling up, lights and sirens, as I called off my dog.

This kid, he's scared sh**less. And if he even so much as twitched, the dog would have had him again in half a second. The cops come charging up, I grab the dog and put him back in the truck. Folks who saw what happened from the restaurant, backed my buddy and I's story up. And they cuff this poor kid up and take him to get stitched up, anx see about tracking down his buddys. Yea, his buddys, alright. Just a stupid KID!! If I had gone for my weapon, he coulda been a DEAD, stupid kid. And it would have been a "good shoot". Cutting the dog loose turned out way better, for everyone.

They caught up with the other two, who were 20 somethings. The kid went to a juvy camp, the other two got county time for attempted assault.

I would like to think, that the kid learned his lesson and that being a punk that hangs with punks is not a good chosen path. Don't know, but, getting bailed on, chewed up, and almost killed is a good lesson, learned the best way. Hard.

I'm really glad I didn't draw. I was spooked, and almost did. The kid was on my weak side, and I carry cross draw. He would have took the first shots. I wasn't paying attention to how old any of them were. Hell, it was after sundown, and all there was, was the lamp post on the corner to see anyway. It could have been WAY bad.

Having the brain power to think about the dog, and my buddy being there to make it happen saved my conscience from a lifetime of hurt. And maybe, just maybe, helped straighten out a case of tbe stupids in that kid. I'd like to think so.

I have always had a less than lethal option on hand since. OC, stunner, . Like I said earlier, if someone MAKES me pull my gun, I'm figuring it's them or me, and they aren't worth saving, at that point. But I will make damn sure thats the case.

However, if the gun comes out, it WILL be used. Anyway, thats my incident of note and record. Maybe it helps clarify my lethal force philosophy some.
Thanks for sharing....

Old 07-23-2013, 12:40 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Concealed carry should be allowed without a pernit for anyone legally able to own a firearm

Gobbermant has no business monkeying around with my 2nd amendment rights

Old 07-23-2013, 01:03 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I like it, because if someone crosses me and talks or looks at me the wrong way, I'll stand my ground, and you know what that means. I prefer open carry so I can practice my fast draw though.

Wild, Wild West - The Escape Club - YouTube
yea. Wtfe....

Old 07-23-2013, 05:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
The cop fired a 9mm at that guy, and he was high on bath salts, which is a whole different category of drugs.
Actually they only found pot in his system. He was in marijuana psychosis.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:00 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,078,282 times
I support concealed carry in public areas. However, I also feel that private businesses, and public venues with courts and/or jail facilities should be off limits. I believe such laws should be statewide, and local municipalities shouldn't be able to make their own rules because it causes a person on a 100 mile road trip to go from law abiding to criminal to law abiding to criminal, etc. and folks should have the right to travel upon a public roadway without being law abiding on one side of a street and then a criminal once they pass that street. I choose unrestricted concealed carry, but I don't mind a license system so long as the license is affordable (say $25 or less a year), and there is no mandated range target shooting that is scored. Too much government involvement will make permits or licenses $10,000 a year and the course of fire will be three bullets in the size of a quarter at fifty yards.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:11 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I think anyone that has not been found too irresponsible for mental or criminal reasons to own a gun should be able to carry one, concealed or visible, anywhere they have a legal right to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies