Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 06:58 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,440,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Trayvon was cutting through yards and stopping and looking at houses in a neighborhood that had many recent break ins by people who also wore hoodies.

He was NOT just casually walking down the street as so many keep saying.
The ONLY witness to this "behavior" was George Zimmerman himself and it is a self-serving description. I seriously doubt that TM was looking into people's houses while chatting on the phone while walking home in the rain. GZ's account does not sound truthful.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:00 AM

27,539 posts, read 15,944,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
If Trayvon were a white person, he would still be alive.
if he were white most would never have heard of this..Thats one reason this case stinks.... isnt that some sort of racism in itself? no wonder people are sick of hearing about it

Old 07-19-2013, 07:01 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,536,313 times
Quote:
It was dark outside and raining and Trayvon was wearing a hoodie.

Trayvon was cutting through yards and stopping and looking at houses in a neighborhood that had many recent break ins by people who also wore hoodies.

If I saw anyone doing this in my neighborhood I would think they might be up to no good regardless of the color of their skin..

George may have profiled Trayvon but he was profiled as a possible criminal because of the way he was dressed and the way he was acting, not because he was black.
Hell you don't even know if Zimmerman knew if Trayvon was black or not at first...unless you are just going by the tape NBC EDITED to make Zimmerman sound racist.

If you don't wan't to be profiled as a thug then maybe you shouldn't dress and act like a thug??
What yards? From what I could tell, these were apartment complexes. There were no "yards" nor houses. When I lived in an apartment complex, it was common to see kids and teenagers walking along the grass in back of the complex, or cutting between apartment buildings when walking from the main street into the complex or vice versa.

One of my questions about Zimmerman is, when did he have time to chamber his round? See, for the people who are taking sides and claiming that their side is completely innocent, the truth somewhere between. There were a lot of details that obviously never surfaced because the other party is dead.

As far as Trayvon being a thug: I don't know how wearing a hoodie is "dressing like a thug". I don't think he necessarily acted like a thug, besides being an immature and irresponsible young man. I live in Baltimore and see real thugs almost daily (if you're streetwise enough, you can pick them out). Trayvon doesn't fit. However, maybe a working definition of "thug", that we can all agree on, is necessary so we can see whether or not he really fits.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:02 AM

38,955 posts, read 50,866,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Zimmerman was a pretty good guy, from my objective opinion. He made a mistake, got attacked by Martin, and ended up using his gun in a way I bet he regrets.

I learned one thing from this, and that is to carry a gun AND a knife. If Zimmerman would have just stabbed Trayvon he would have probably lived and none of this would have happened.
If Zimmerman had stayed in his vehicle and let the police deal with the innocent, unarmed teenager none of this would have happened. End of discussion.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:05 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,837,400 times
If there is one thing to be gained from this event it is that the media should not be trusted to tell the truth about anything. They can't even get the weather right 1/2 the time, so why bother at all. Sorry, I forgot, I guess they can get the sports scores right.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:09 AM

40,919 posts, read 48,833,863 times
Quote:
You are probably right.

Most white teens don't think they need to assault someone for no reason.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:16 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,018,224 times
Quote:
It was dark outside and raining and Trayvon was wearing a hoodie.

If I saw anyone doing this in my neighborhood I would think they might be up to no good regardless of the color of their skin..

George may have profiled Trayvon but he was profiled as a possible criminal because of the way he was dressed and the way he was acting, not because he was black.
Hell you don't even know if Zimmerman knew if Trayvon was black or not at first...unless you are just going by the tape NBC EDITED to make Zimmerman sound racist.

Here's a novel idea: if you don't wan't to be profiled as a thug then maybe you shouldn't dress and act like a thug??
Really ignorant post. I wear a "hoodie" but I guess because I am white, it is looked upon as a sweatshirt with a hood.

It is beyond pathetic to insinuate that a black 17 year old has to follow a different dress code than a white teen because of people such as you and George Zimmerman. This is the very reason that black parents have to have these discrimination talks with their kids to keep them safe.

How was he acting? Oh yeah, talking on the phone while walking...really odd behavior for a teen.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:22 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,440,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You are probably right.

Most white teens don't think they need to assault someone for no reason.
No, but the select few just kill en masse.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:24 AM

76,855 posts, read 47,156,824 times
Quote:
I don't think whites are any more immune to gun shot wounds than other races.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:25 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,007,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If Zimmerman had stayed in his vehicle and let the police deal with the innocent, unarmed teenager none of this would have happened. End of discussion.
Not it is not the end of discussion. Because getting out of your vehicle is NOT against the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.