Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 08:26 AM

199 posts, read 241,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
If Trayvon were a white person, he probably wouldn't have attacked Zimmerman and he would still be alive.

If Trayvon was a white person, he wouldn't have to defend himself because Zimmerman wouldn't have profiled him.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:26 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Clue: Stay off Stormfront and you won't have anything to compare.

How hard is that???
Do find it interesting those on here who accuse others of being from Storm Front and I have not once visited the site. Must be popular for those people who look for hate on the Internet.....

Old 07-19-2013, 08:37 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
They also didn't talk much about him assaulting a Police Officer and assaulting his girlfriend.
Don't know about the police officer, but the "alleged" abuse came from an ex-girlfriend......would we, should we believe all of what your X's say about YOU

Old 07-19-2013, 08:38 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It's bad enough that he parrots the typical RWNJ BS boilerplate.........and then you agree with him.

This - not black crime or culture or thuggery or hoodie wearing or an unarmed kid's lack of deference to a vigilante with a gun -is the real problem. Racial bias, pure and simple.
Is it self-hate, self-pity, the need for a face to put on the enemy, that causes you to desperately want this to be racial profiling. Is it because racial profiling happens, this case also must be racial profiling.

It couldn't possibly be that driving by in the dark gz saw 'a guy' who he rightly or wrongly believed was in suspicious circumstances. It just Has To Be he knew the guy was black.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:46 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Here's the thing. The media and others backed the wrong case to try and show racial injustice. If they wanted to show racial bias on the part of the defendant, the jury, or the police, this was simply the wrong case to do so. If one watched the trial, it was obvious to the point of ridiculousness, that this was a case of self-defense. However, the meme still carries on even when there has been no evidence of racial bias in this case whatsoever.

People like to project. They think to themselves, what if it had been myself or my son in that hoodie that night. Or they think what if it had been me that night seeing a person I believed to be suspicious. A lot of people wanted a trial simply because of the fact Zimmerman got out of the truck. After the evidence was presented, it was obvious why the police chose not to prosecute in the first place.

However, now you also having people wondering, why, after a jury found Zimmerman not guilty, this man is facing persecution. Perhaps that explains why only ~20% think the DOJ should charge Zimmerman with a hate crime. At the end of the day, the public sees the truth - there was no racial bias. Why? Because there was none.

21% Think Justice Department Should Charge Zimmerman With a Hate Crime - Rasmussen Reports™

Old 07-19-2013, 08:46 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're not keeping up with urban youth lingo. I learned from Rachel that it's 'cracka' not 'cracker' and it means like a cop or security guard, some time of authority person of any color. She also taught me the n word nigg-A is different than ....ER.

I guess where those words are common everyday language, people have to be very careful in pronunciation.
Maybe she could write a book- Diamond DeeDee's Guide to Correct Speech, complete with an audio CD so we can all learn her pronunciations. The book, of course, will not be in cursive.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:52 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
What yards? From what I could tell, these were apartment complexes. There were no "yards" nor houses. When I lived in an apartment complex, it was common to see kids and teenagers walking along the grass in back of the complex, or cutting between apartment buildings when walking from the main street into the complex or vice versa.

One of my questions about Zimmerman is, when did he have time to chamber his round? See, for the people who are taking sides and claiming that their side is completely innocent, the truth somewhere between. There were a lot of details that obviously never surfaced because the other party is dead.

As far as Trayvon being a thug: I don't know how wearing a hoodie is "dressing like a thug". I don't think he necessarily acted like a thug, besides being an immature and irresponsible young man. I live in Baltimore and see real thugs almost daily (if you're streetwise enough, you can pick them out). Trayvon doesn't fit. However, maybe a working definition of "thug", that we can all agree on, is necessary so we can see whether or not he really fits.
No windows on the first floor either, according to other expert c-d posters.
And how did he get the safety off with Martin on top of him???

If only there would be a trial so we could answer these important questions. Maybe they would even show pictures of the neighborhood in the trial. . . . I guess that's just wishful thinking.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:59 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Wink Sargent Schultz to the rescue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
If Trayvon were a white person, he would still be alive.
Biased much? Note to potential attackers: In the middle of a furious and deadly personal physical attack on me, especially at night, I won't be politely checking your "race card" before I'll shoot you at v. close range with a double-tap from my rather lethal .45ACP close-range support/defense pistol.

Why? Well now, if you (or GZ, or TvM, or my mother in law or a cop or a recently escaped thuggo or a drug dealin' street druggie!) are sittin' on top of me, hitting and banging my head against the pavement, as was witnessed, btw, you'll have taken only your hands and bad attitude to a gun fight. Good plan! Shows a distinct lack of common sense, would you not agree?

Some talk show host, on admittedly right wing radio, this morning nonetheless noted correctly that if more of us legally righteous folks were in fact legally carrying a concealed weapon, these attacks would decrease. I mean, who wants to take a chance that your intended victim might well pull his Colt SAA in the ever-lethal .45 Long Colt and quickly end "with extreme prejudice" the struggle you may have perpetrated against me or any other law-abiding citizen! An individual who was, in the way of all innocent young TvM's, out for their evening Skittle™ purchasing expedition, and, as per TvM's mother, "only out walking for a bit of evening exercise!"

Q: Btw, did TvM live anywhere near this gated and security-patrolled condo complex? ("Oh! So that's what GZ's job description meant! That's what he was up to! Wow! I had no idea! I just thought and assumed, based on what the media had told me to believe, that he was just out doin' some race-based "profilin'" of any and all hoodies soz to be able to gittem!!")

The attacker got exactly what he deserved, given this sitch, as reliably witnessed by one man ("Yeah, but that guy was WHITE, so who you gonna believe?").

All youz CNN-watching folks is juss' assertin', with your scowls and waggling fingers, pointing them at you and I, that GZ should have gone back to, or stayed in, his car?

OK then, but young Skittles-loving Trayvon should also not have attacked GZ either. If he felt threatened or challenged or was in fear for his life, he most certainly should have at the least gone to the nearest condo door, knocked and told the owner that "this creepy-ass cracker is tailing me!" You know, in order to get those unbiased ideas on permanent and thus witnessed file! Or, at the least, he should have called out to GZ and asked in a loud voice, "Hey you creepy-a$$'d cracker! Yeah, you! Why are you tailing me? I'm just out buying some Skittles™!!"

Facts are, no-one, least of all you or I here, can or will EVER know exactly what happened out there, except that TvM loved to fight, was apparently training weekly in such endeavors. Meantime, we also know that GZ was a legally armed property night watchman out doing his duty, saw a character he felt was acting potentially suspicious, called it in for the record, was later happy that there was a video of the altercation (hardly the expected reaction of someone with something to hide...), and had a well-documented history of working for and with blacks. And that all agree: TvM was seen on top of GZ, and GZ was trying to stay alive.

We can all play the "Well, but if so and so had done such and such, everyone would still be alive!" game. Apparently that is now exactly what's happening!

Otherwise,, as with the redoubtable Sargent Schultz @ time-stamp 0:30: "I know nuthink, I see nuthink!"

Sargent Schultz - I know nothing, I am not here - I did not even get up this morning! - YouTube

Yup. How insightful of all of you self-appointed and self-aggrandizing, all-knowing Monday morning quarterbacks! Just the types I'd want to be judging me in a legal court of law! Versus this, as I see you now:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...KBJpTKRej7EETA

Meantime, a man with no evidence of any racism was in fear for his life, and was definitely NOT out to go race- or personality-profiling and then stalking an innocent young black man to shoot (and just as obviously, with absolutely NO premeditation on his mind by, well, anyone even slightly familiar with the truth in this case...). A man who then quickly reacted just as he, or you as well, should have when he feared that he would likely be "kilt" or seriously wounded.

So seriously now, [b]I wonder exactly what you guys, obviously all appointed angels of peaceful intent, would have done! Perhaps you'd have "discussed the situation" calmly and evenly? "Oh but please hold on for a moment, Mr. attacker, while I discuss your intentions, you being on top of me as you now are, firmly whacking my head against the hard pavement!

All this media commotion, allowing that we, the now judging and well-distanced but curious onlooking audience of "experts" having been now told, in court, that The Trayvon punk {hey: you've had your opinions on GZ, so now it's my turn to blurt out unsupportable "feelings", right?} "liked to fight"... So, just a moment while the trapped and injured GZ should have perhaps suggested that "I call my lawyer, or better yet. your lawyer!"
)

Yup: thadd'be juss' how it works in thuh real,mean-streets of life, you betcha!!

Riiiiggghhhttttttttttt..... (Whadahh bunch of racially biased idiots, the lot of you anti-Zimmerman anarchistic types.

Fact is, you're all just lusting for a good ol' riot this weekend, aren't you" G'wan: you can admit it here under on-line anonymity! Let your feelings, which have been, awwwhhhh ... hurt, out in the open. )

Hmmm... what's that familiar smell? Oh yeah; now I remember: it's just like during the OJ trial, or any other full-on media blitz. Otherwise I"ll assume it must have been a slow-news week, huh? Gotta fill the allotted time, right? (No wonder the BBC America channel is gaining a foothold so quickly!)

U.S. Distrust in Media Hits New High

Last edited by rifleman; 07-19-2013 at 09:23 AM..

Old 07-19-2013, 09:04 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
The obsession in referring to Zimmerman as a white Hispanic makes no sense whatsoever either.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:10 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're not keeping up with urban youth lingo. I learned from Rachel that it's 'cracka' not 'cracker' and it means like a cop or security guard, some time of authority person of any color. She also taught me the n word nigg-A is different than ....ER.

I guess where those words are common everyday language, people have to be very careful in pronunciation.
so it's the 'r' sound that's racist?

good to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies