Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 08:20 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times

Advertisements

Ok... How long before he gets called Uncle Tom, and more...

Charles Barkley on CNBC: Jury was right to acquit Zimmerman

Charles Barkley said he 'agrees' with George Zimmerman verdict | Fox News

Quote:
Outspoken former NBA superstar Charles Barkley said he agrees with the verdict in the murder trial of George Zimmerman, but blasted the media for giving platforms to racists to “vent” their ignorance.
And probably the BEST thing I have read so far -
Quote:
“The main thing I feel bad for is it gives every white person and black person who’s racist a platform to vent their ignorance,” he said. “That’s the thing that bothered me the most. I watched this trail closely and I watched these people on television talking about it. A lot of these people have a hidden agenda. They want to have their racist views, whether they are white or black … Their biases definitely come out. It was a bad situation. We all lost.”

Old 07-19-2013, 08:27 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
I agree, we all lost. The only racial thing about this death is the circus those with an agenda created after it occurred.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:41 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I agree, we all lost. The only racial thing about this death is the circus those with an agenda created after it occurred.
Exactly. Bill Cosby just came out and said the same thing.

Those who are making this about racism are the ones most likely to benefit or profit from the storm they've conjured. Who cares that they've inspired dangerous and violent protests around the country? As long as they get their exposure and ratings, that's all that really matters.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:45 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
Charles Barkley is notoriously outspoken & that's what I've always loved about him.
He's always interesting with his passionate opinions, & he's not afraid to be controversial....
And if the media blasts him I'm sure he's ready.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:52 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
^^^I second that.

I just don't feel this is a good case to be some sort of focal point for discussing real issues like profiling and violence against blacks.

However, it's a comfortable dialogue because Zimmerman is an unsympathetic idiot with a white enough skin tone to play the villain. Attacks like Zimmermans are the exception, like worrying about a shark attack at the beach when the big risk is drowning. Meanwhile, 30 other Trayvons got gunned down to little fan-fair in our inner-cities in more normal and less sensational fashion.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:01 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,419 times
I found it interesting how many liberals have even jumped the fence on their own narratives, not necessarily supporting Zimmerman, but supporting the court's decision and distancing themselves from the brainless protests, riots and outlandish claims of racism.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:03 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
^^^I second that.

I just don't feel this is a good case to be some sort of focal point for discussing real issues like profiling and violence against blacks.

However, it's a comfortable dialogue because Zimmerman is an unsympathetic idiot with a white enough skin tone to play the villain. Attacks like Zimmermans are the exception, like worrying about a shark attack at the beach when the big risk is drowning. Meanwhile, 30 other Trayvons got gunned down to little fan-fair in our inner-cities in more normal and less sensational fashion.
I agree with Barkley, but the racial agenda thing goes both ways...there are some people out there, more than a few on this board included, who are just a little bit too excited about seeing a non black gunning down a black teenager, and are very quick to turn Martin into the face of everything that's wrong with black youth culture..the same people who say that Zimmermans arrest record isn't concrete evidence of a violent personality..point to tweets and facebook as CONCRETE IDISPUTABLE evidence that Martin was a thug. You can't have it both wasy.....d-bag Sean Hannity got caught in this yesterday on his radio show and quickly moved on when his blatant hypocrisy was pointed out by one of his "lliberal" token guests.

I happen to believe that Martin was growing into the thug mindset, and that Zimmerman has an angry dark side as well.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:07 AM

956 posts, read 744,758 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CUNUVhzFAQ

Old 07-19-2013, 09:12 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
The scary thing is this isn't just being hyped by the black leaders and the media, Holder and Obama are participating.
There is an audio recording of a DOJ official encouraging protests to force the arrest last year:
The PJ Tatler » In Audio Recording, Department of Justice Official Urges Protesters to Seek ‘Justice’ for Trayvon Martin

And this year, as innocent people have been beaten in several cities and streets blocked by protestors hitting cars, terrorizing people, Holder is whipping up people at the NAACP and Delta Sigma rallies rather than respecting the rule of law. Our government leaders are encouraging an atmosphere that will continue to lead to more attacks on innocent people.

Sad that Holder and Obama have less wisdom that Charles Barkley.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:23 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
Charles Barkley may not have ever won a championship but he is a champion of cutting through the cr#p and using his common sense. He usually nails it and did this time too.

All the way around with everything he just said, I agree with Charles Barkley. He is a champion and I really love and respect him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies