Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2013, 03:24 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,816,860 times

Advertisements

Your doctor may drop you tomorrow for any reason or no reason. Should that happen you will not keep the same doctor.

" Obama never said the doctors would keep you. ". Nope, he didn't. And those are your words. Not mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 03:31 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Your vaunted "healthcare industry" is one dominated by insurance companies which are parasitic in nature. Why support a system of such entities which, as nothing more than middlemen, just scrape off huge profits for themselves, making healthcare more expensive, while denying or dropping customers as they see fit? Remember - you favor deregulation of these industries, correct? If not correct let me know, but this is the corporate RW view.
Why do right-wingers oppose a public option system which provies some competition for these companies? Conservative preach about the "righteousness" of marketplace competition, so why would any right-winger fear it?
Another one for you to answer.
I don't know what any "right winger" fears but I fear anything run by the government. It all turns into one giant clusterf***. Scraping off huge profits for themselves? LOL. Your wonderful government produces nothing and scrapes every penny they can from every American every time they walk out the door to fund the madness they continue to hoist upon the masses.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I don't know what any "right winger" fears but I fear anything run by the government. It all turns into one giant clusterf***. Scraping off huge profits for themselves? LOL. Your wonderful government produces nothing and scrapes every penny they can from every American every time they walk out the door to fund the madness they continue to hoist upon the masses.
Actually, Medicare is well run. And it is good insurance. With much less overhead than the private health insurance companies.

As far as the madness is concerned, Iraq is over . And Afghanistan is drawing to a close.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Actually, Medicare is well run. And it is good insurance. With much less overhead than the private health insurance companies.

As far as the madness is concerned, Iraq is over . And Afghanistan is drawing to a close.
GAO reports on prevalence of Medicare fraud - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 07-23-2013, 05:23 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Your doctor may drop you tomorrow for any reason or no reason. Should that happen you will not keep the same doctor.

" Obama never said the doctors would keep you. ". Nope, he didn't. And those are your words. Not mine.

Obama Promised You can Keep Your Doctor! - YouTube

Quote:
Why We Need Health Care Reform

By BARACK OBAMA
Published: August 15, 2009

This is what reform is about. If you don’t have health insurance, you will finally have quality, affordable options once we pass reform. If you have health insurance, we will make sure that no insurance company or government bureaucrat gets between you and the care you need. If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. You will not be waiting in any lines. This is not about putting the government in charge of your health insurance. I don’t believe anyone should be in charge of your health care decisions but you and your doctor — not government bureaucrats, not insurance companies.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/16/op...anted=all&_r=0

Old 07-23-2013, 05:46 PM

You are kinda late to the party BigJon.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:59 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
You are kinda late to the party BigJon.
Sorry, some of us work for a living...

Old 07-23-2013, 06:22 PM

Yep, there is. And you don't have to look further than the current governor of Florida to confirm that.

" Rick Scott, who ran a company involved in the nation's largest Medicare fraud case, wants to be Florida's governor

It was and still is the biggest Medicare fraud case in U.S. history and ended with the hospital giant Columbia/HCA paying a record $1.7 billion in fines, penalties and damages.

Now the man who ran the company at the time wants to be Florida's governor.

Rick Scott was co-founder and CEO of Columbia/HCA in the 1990s, when the FBI launched a massive, multi-state investigation that led to the company pleading guilty to criminal charges of overbilling the government. ".

Rick Scott, who ran a company involved in the nation's largest Medicare fraud case, wants to be Florida's governor - Sun Sentinel

Old 07-23-2013, 06:28 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Nothing but a hissy-fit with zero explanation as usual. Stop using the infrastructure then!!
Here's an idea, explain how corporate roads and bridges would be better. You are very big on outbursts of temper but light on answers and explanations.
Medicare fraud is perpetrated against medicare and taxpayers by unscrupulous private practitioners, not vice versa, and it needs regulation and oversight - just as your article reveals. Exactly what it is supposed to do!
Medicare monitors fraudulent practices against it the same as private insurers do.
You still haven't explained the fascist objection to the public option, and as I suspected, you never will.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 07-23-2013 at 06:46 PM..

Old 07-23-2013, 08:55 PM

All are giant wasteful spending cluster*****................

A-Z Index of U.S. Government Departments and Agencies (A) | USA.gov
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies