Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 01:42 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And there we have it.. If I tell you the law, I'm a racist..

Hey buddy, FYI, my fiance is black and so are both of my children.

Your "racist" claims is childish, and very immature.. Its people like you who give blacks a bad name.. Run around calling everything racism just because you dont want to hear the truth..

Thats YOUR problem, not mine..
I feel bad for them.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:43 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,011,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Zimmerman orchestrated the entire tragedy. Are you kidding me?
You obviously have not been paying attention, and fortunately the 6 jurors who sat through all the evidence don't have your blinders on.

There is strong evidence that Trayvon was suffering from paranoid delusions brought on by drug use. And we're not talking about marijuana. Of course, none of this evidence was admitted in court.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/201...s-and-pcp.html

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I think all white and hispanic people should send their hard earned paychecks to the nearest black neighborhood to "help out".
All women with purses should offer them when a black male is close.
Whatever you do, don't lock your car doors, you might hurt someone's feelings.

Do whatever you have to do so people won't think you are a racist.

Wonder why Obama has so much security? I find it insulting that he is trying to protect himself. Possibly racist.
maybe his security is to protect him from all these militia members that popped up after he became president. also, you don't have to send me your money, my family is living way better than yours. I'm sure you need it more than we do

2,138 posts, read 6,319,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
President Obama’s Remarks on the Trayvon Martin Case (TRANSCRIPT)

You know, when Trayvon Martin was first shot, I said that this could have been my son. Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could have been me, 35 years ago.

There are very few African-American men in this country who haven’t had the experience of being followed when they were shopping in a department store. That includes me.

There are probably very few African-American men who haven’t had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars. That happens to me — at least before I was a senator.

There are very few African-Americans who haven’t had the experience of getting on an elevator and a woman clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off. That happens often.

Just wanted to touch on this...

I have had these experiences. Still do. So what? Do I like it? No. But what am going to do?

Everybody does it. Muslims get the stare in airports. White people who display confederate symbols get the stare.

When I go back to SE D.C., you better believe my guard is up around those parts.

This is no reason to protest. If so, everybody would be protesting. Does black people want it to stop, we need to change our behavior. Stop having sex that results in children out of wedlock, which puts their life behind the 8 ball. Stop rapping about killing people. Treat women better instead of mere rap hoes. Stop killing ourselves.

Why doesn't Obama offer help to get people out of these situations so we can support ourselves? Well, self-sufficient black people does not help him and Democrats. Instead we get this...

Obama's Problem Solvers

Number one, precisely because law enforcement is often determined at the state and local level, I think it would be productive for the Justice Department, governors, mayors to work with law enforcement about training at the state and local levels in order to reduce the kind of mistrust in the system that sometimes currently exists.

Along the same lines, I think it would be useful for us to examine some state and — and local laws to see if it — if they are designed in such a way that they may encourage the kinds of altercations and confrontations and tragedies that we saw in the Florida case, rather than diffuse potential altercations.

Number three — and this is a long-term project — we need to spend some time in thinking about how do we bolster and reinforce our African-American boys? And this is something that Michelle and I talk a lot about. There are a lot of kids out there who need help, who are getting a lot of negative reinforcement.

And then, finally, I think it’s going to be important for all of us to do some soul-searching. You know, there’s been talk about, should we convene a conversation on race? I haven’t seen that be particularly productive when, you know, politicians try to organize conversations. They end up being stilted and politicized, and folks are locked into the positions they already have. On the other hand, in families and churches and workplaces,

More government?? We have enough government... give me a break.

We need to talk? Does Obama not have a clue how to help? Nothing constructive to offer? He is the ONE guy who has the power and position to make a difference - and he chooses not to.

And then soul searching, and more talking.

There's a lot of talking right now - and it's making things worse. Nobody is willing to give in to anything.
Knock it off! I'm not going to apologize to anyone for something somebody did who happened to have my same skin tone. I'm an American citizen, I pay my taxes and I follow the laws. The threat of an armed vigilante harassing me and then shooting me in my own neighborhood is very real and has nothing to with babies being born out of wedlock. Hell, my parents were married AND I STILL GET PROFILED!

This has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with safety for me and millions of other blacks who live in predominantly white neighborhoods.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:44 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Obama himself said "Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago"
Transcript: Obama's Remarks Friday on Trayvon Martin Case, Race in America

So, which pricey private school did Trayvon go to?
The school of convoluted logic.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:45 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,319,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Once again you display your ignorance. Lookup the legal definition of stalking before you say something so dumb again.
Actually you're the one with his/her ignorance on full display. So he wasn't "stalking", but he was definitely following the boy in the dark like a creep. Does that make you feel better or are you intimidated by a black man talking back to you. It seems to be the latter.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:47 PM

29,468 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
What? You are absolutely out of your mind. So you're telling me that with a strange grown man following him, Trayvon should've led that man to his house? You're also telling me that Trayvon had some sort of duty or obligation to answer to Zimmerman as if he had some sort of authority.

Come and follow me in the dark in my own neighborhood. Better yet, as I told someone else, let me know where you live so I can follow you with a gun. I mean I wouldn't be breaking the law.

Zimmerman was the adult in the situation and should've had the sense to back off.
Wow, you bought into the whole media charade didn't you ? "Don't believe the hype"
TM was closer to an adult than he was a child. He made an adult decision to be the agressor and paid the ultimate price for his mistake.

3,401 posts, read 2,284,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
What makes you think I didn't??

I don't care what he had to say either way - this does not fall under presidential duties. Getting involved in a single case - a controversial one at that - is not something a president does.
He's not "getting involved", he's commenting.

If memory serves, what presidents do is rush home from vacation to force emergency sessions to pass laws to force people to keep their brain-dead wives on life support against their wishes. That's what presidents do. That's "getting involved". Just ask Michael Schiavo.

4,176 posts, read 4,669,643 times
I don't believe anyone claimed he was stalking under any legal definition. He wasn't on trial for stalking; he was on trial because he shot Trayvon Martin to death.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:48 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Actually you're the one with his/her ignorance on full display. So he wasn't "stalking", but he was definitely following the boy in the dark like a creep.
Its not illegal to follow another individual.. Assault is something completely different
Quote:
Does that make you feel better or are you intimidated by a black man talking back to you. It seems to be the latter.
I dont give a rats ass what color you are, wouldnt even know except for the fact you keep posting it as if it should matter. Sorry, it doesnt. I'm about as color blind as can be, I treat everyone like crap regardless of race, especially when they display such ignorance time and time again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies