Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 02:51 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times

Advertisements

Why are we talking about funding abortions? I keep reading the OP, and she asked why you don't want to fund child care for, you know, the living children.

Oh, wait ... I know.

Because you don't have an answer to rank hypocrisy and you need to change the subject.

Conservatives. Every child is a gift from God, until the moment the head crowns ...

Old 07-19-2013, 02:51 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Why does the hard left insist on spending more on social programs but refuse to include greater accountability for violators? Why do they turn a blind eye or make excuses when those within their own fold break laws or misuse tax dollars? They are so quick to complain about a Romney using tax loopholes but lack outrage when Charlie Rangel gets caught cheating on his taxes and he helped write the tax codes. They don't care when the IRS gets caught wasting huge dollars on private parties. Why does the hard left wage war on the right but ignore the sins of their own?

Old 07-19-2013, 02:52 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"So, no answers from the righties'.

The premise isn't worthy of a response!
I wouldn't expect much of a response if I asked about the "war on Beagles" or the "war on fishing poles".

JMQ, If you spend all your time creating a belief in "the war on women" maybe you should ask yourself questions about it.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:53 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Why are we talking about funding abortions? I keep reading the OP, and she asked why you don't want to fund child care for, you know, the living children.

Oh, wait ... I know.

Because you don't have an answer to rank hypocrisy and you need to change the subject.

Conservatives. Every child is a gift from God, until the moment the head crowns ...
I don't' want to fund any of it and I shouldn't have to.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Why does the hard left insist on spending more on social programs but refuse to include greater accountability for violators? Why do they turn a blind eye or make excuses when those within their own fold break laws or misuse tax dollars? They are so quick to complain about a Romney using tax loopholes but lack outrage when Charlie Rangel gets caught cheating on his taxes and he helped write the tax codes. They don't care when the IRS gets caught wasting huge dollars on private parties. Why does the hard left wage war on the right but ignore the sins of their own?
Yep. Another (fact free) deflection. Completely and totally off topic.

Still no answer to the actual question ... Hey, maybe if you shout "LOOK! Over there!" we'll not notice your utter lack of shame.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:54 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
I don't know of any "war on women."
But I do know that
voluntary charity is a blessing;
compulsory charity is a curse.

If you do not know the difference, that is a problem.
Is society a curse?

After all..........................................

It compels people with no children to pay for schools

It compels people with no car to pay for roads

It compels people who don't fly to pay for an air traffic system

It compels healthy people to pay for drug testing

It compels pacifists to pay for needless wars

Etc., etc., etc............................................... ...........................................

Old 07-19-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I wouldn't expect much of a response if I asked about the "war on Beagles" or the "war on fishing poles".

JMQ, If you spend all your time creating a belief in "the war on women" maybe you should ask yourself questions about it.
Oh, I'm way too lazy to create any such belief myself. You cons, on the other hand, have been working hard at it for decades.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:57 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post

Oh, wait ... I know.

The OP rails against anything from center to right but is blind by intent when the sins are from the left. How does one even give credibility to such a poster?
This Ind. Conservative leaning poster is not anti abortion, but I am anti- abuse of our social systems. An abortions isn't the most expensive procedure and in fact is cheaper than the average popular cell phone. Birth control is cheap as well and only a moron would claim that a 16 yearold in this day and age doesn't know where babies come from.
How many abortions should the tax payer fund for the same person?
At some point we should just tie the tubes and be done with idiots that can't connect the dots.
I understand that unwanted pregnancies happen. It does and not by intent, but at some point these individuals need to be held accountable. Issue the morning after pill and be done with it.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:59 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The answer to both is simple, those cost of aborting children and the cost of having children should be 100% covered by the people/person who chose to create that child. This isn't rocket science, we know where babies come from and why they come.
Ok. That still doesn't answer the question. Why are they SHUTTING DOWN abortion clinics by regulating them out of existence, mandating unnecessary transvaginal ultrasounds and other medical procedures before you can have one, and doing their best to outlaw abortion all together (like both Texas and South Dakota making it illegal after you can hear a fetal heartbeat--that can be as early as 6 weeks. You'd barely know you were pregnant.) That has nothing to do with federal OR state funding.

You want people to take personal responsibility, but you want to punish them if they make a personal choice you don't like, and you don't want to give them control to make decisions about their own bodies. If that isn't a war against women, I don't know what is.

And FYI--there's a good sized chunk of old school Republican women (not teavangelicals) who are just as upset about this crap as other women.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:01 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
It's because the children are often brown or black... and the pro-life thing is just religious kookery. When they think the money helps their own, Conservatives love to splash the cash (see the Military, Wall Street, Big Business, churches, etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies