Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 10:32 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,906,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Whatever. He could part the red seas - turn water into wine and hand out gold bricks like candy and the haters would STILL hate.
In your mind I'm sure he can do all that and more.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:33 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,395,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
And then went on to pick sides by saying he could have been Trayvon Martin 35 years ago. Did YOU listen to the whole speech?

TM's parents and lawyers have shown more sensitivity to race relations than failed King Obama. He's getting exactly the kind of response he wants, too. He'd be thrilled to see the arguments on this thread and he's hoping for unrest at the rallies over the weekend. All of it distracts from his administration's criminal corruption, which is slowly but surely being unmasked. As well as his and his administration's sheer incompetence.
No - that's how he began his speech. THEN he led into accepting the verdict; THEN into . . . well, never mind. You can only hear what your bias will allow.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:34 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,174,837 times
Quote:
Whatever. He could part the red seas - turn water into wine and hand out gold bricks like candy and the haters would STILL hate.
Or at least say that was his intent. But until he fulfills those dreams - whether or not from his father - there's no reason to not think he might be a fraud.

41,111 posts, read 25,589,367 times
Quote:
His entire speech was designed to reduce hostility. Did you even listen to it? Or just Hannity's version?
How so. I listened to it and it was not designated to reduce hostility, in fact his speech was designed to increase hostility. If blacks believe that Tryvon was murdered and the president saying that could have been me, how does that reduce hostility.

Obama, the first half black president of the U.S. already divided the country now moving the goal to hostilities between the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
In your mind I'm sure he can do all that and more.
Hyperbole - always with the hyperbole. If it makes you feel better.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:35 AM

11,195 posts, read 8,231,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
No, I am saying that with all the focus on "white" americans the truth is somehow muddled and "white" americans are not the sole purveyors of hate.
I don't know what YOU are saying, so I won't put words in your mouth, but it seems that MANY are saying what you are (and MOST reasonable people would agree with the bolded text) above, but it seems that they are also trying to say that some Whites are not "solely to blame", that somehow it exhonerates them of the part where they are to blame.

Why can't we have an intelligent conversation, acknowledging that there are a LOT of societal problems, and instead of using one problem to justify another, why can't we try to fix the problem being discussed?

This concept goes well beyond race, and really covers just about any subject. People are SO INCAPABLE of critical thinking anymore.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
How so. I listened to it and it was not designated to reduce hostility, in fact his speech was designed to increase hostility. If blacks believe that Tryvon was murdered and the president saying that could have been me, how does that reduce hostility.

Obama, the first half black president of the U.S. already divided the country now moving the goal to hostilities between the people.
You hear what you want to hear and nothing more. You would have to listen to the rest of the speech.

You see - a black president - and seemingly cannot see (or hear) beyond that.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:36 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,459,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
As good as a speaker as he is, he would be so much more effective if he would leave out making it all about him.
The man needs to go back to Toast Masters and learn how to better relate to his audience and leave out all the I's and Me's.

It may not help if he's as big of a Narcissist as he comes off in his speeches.

He comes off as the very boring guy at the office that everyone avoids and ignores.
He doesn't come off as a narcissist (not unless all alpha males are) and part of his target audience was Black-Americans, and another part of course were liberal White-Americans that were on the side of the Trayvon Martin family. His "I" and "Me's" were appropriate as he was using those words to illustrate empathy (not the same as sympathy--although he was sympathetic to Trayvon Martin and his parents).

The fact of the matter is he's one of the greatest orators in the history of U.S. Presidents. This angers his enemies.

I sense jealousy in your post. Obama is not just another "boring guy at the office" that no one wants to be around but rather he is the President of the United States and one with some charisma, empathy, and a good amount of swagger in his walk. His walk alone must anger a lot of boring, racist, white males stuck in no-where-going office jobs.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:37 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,504,812 times
If obama was trevon martin, where would he be today?

ringo, you're a laugh riot.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I don't know what YOU are saying, so I won't put words in your mouth, but it seems that MANY are saying what you are (and MOST reasonable people would agree with the bolded text) above, but it seems that they are also trying to say that some Whites are not "solely to blame", that somehow it exhonerates them of the part where they are to blame.

Why can't we have an intelligent conversation, acknowledging that there are a LOT of societal problems, and instead of using one problem to justify another, why can't we try to fix the problem being discussed?

This concept goes well beyond race, and really covers just about any subject. People are SO INCAPABLE of critical thinking anymore.
Especially on this board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies