Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 05:54 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,475,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
You don't know that race had nothing to do with it.

I suppose it's possible that Zimmerman is equal opportunity sociopath/stalker/murderer. Or maybe he was engaging in a little racial profiling.
There is not a shred of evidence this was about race yet so many racists just keep saying it was about race!!!

Old 07-19-2013, 05:57 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,879,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I thought he gave a thoughtful and calming speech ~ trying to unite, not divide.

Every time the subject of race comes up - it's now 'race baiting'. An effective tool at ending any and all communication on the subject.

President Obama is right - the next generation sees things soo differently.
Trying to unite by making stupid remarks like the one in the elevator?

ANY woman of ANY race alone in an elevator would naturally put up guard on themselves & their belongings no matter if it was a black, white, brown, yellow, or green alien.

Obama is a bigot. He wants so bad to put down the White people & build up the Blacks.

Whats funny is Zimmerman wasn't even White he is bi-racial like Obama!!!

Old 07-19-2013, 05:57 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,082,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
This jack ass needs to learn to just shut up.
Couldn't have said it better.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:58 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,082,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
He wants so bad to put down the White people & build up the Blacks.
Reverse projection?

Old 07-19-2013, 05:59 PM

331 posts, read 252,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
When will President Obama - since he insists on injecting himself into this issue - make a speech containing the remark: "If only Trayvon hadn't attacked Mr. Zimmerman, knocked him down, and beaten him, Trayvon would be alive and well today." ?

When will he point out that most relevant truth?
Zimmerman is still alive, though.. Even those who agree with the verdict and somewhat "empathize" with Zimmerman concede that he made a some poor decisions that night.

Obama addressed the more salient issue, which is profiling. The fact that almost every AA male, even those that are highly educated, have been profiled, has been a long standing issue in this country. This is the perfect opportunity, if done properly, to address this problem. If the public at large is educated a bit more on the effects of profiling others, then future situations similar to the TM and Zimmerman tragedy may be avoided.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:01 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,401,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
There is not a shred of evidence this was about race yet so many racists just keep saying it was about race!!!
There's that word again! We can't even have a rational discussion about race without someone screaming racist.

Don't take this the wrong way and I don't mean it personally, but I have to wonder if a lot of right-wingers are really old. It's like we live on a different planet and their thinking patterns strike me as elderly,

I feel like a lot of times, I'm listening to my elderly father and his caretaker while they rant about that black ************* in the white house. That whole generation.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:02 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,616,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Sorry Little-Acorn, not guilty does not mean innocent.
You'd be way wrong about that.

Here ya go:

Innocent until proven guilty.

Found NOT GUILTY.

INNOCENT!

Now you know. Don't you feel silly!

Old 07-19-2013, 06:02 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,188,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
"Woman clutches her purse in the elevator when Black man enters."

He wanted soo bad to say a White woman. This kinda **** pisses me off. Racist POS.

this is such crap
my primary care doctor is from Nigeria
the office is in a mostly black area I am usually the only white face in there and when I go up to his floor
I am almost always with black men
I do not clutch my purse or hold my breath!
good grief
what an insulting comment to make Obama needs to TRY and be president, I know he has not done very well at that job so far but he needs to try and quit insulting white women and black men
what a totally ignorant man he is

Old 07-19-2013, 06:04 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,475,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
There's that word again! We can't even have a rational discussion about race without someone screaming racist.

Don't take this the wrong way and I don't mean it personally, but I have to wonder if a lot of right-wingers are really old. It's like we live on a different planet and their thinking patterns strike me as elderly,

I feel like a lot of times, I'm listening to my elderly father and his caretaker while they rant about that black ************* in the white house. That whole generation.
Sure. Let's talk about race, particular the kind that is only 12% of our population yet commit 40% crime.

Let's really talk about that. You go first.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:05 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,401,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Sure. Let's talk about race, particular the kind that is only 12% of our population yet commit 40% crime.

Let's really talk about that. You go first.
Did you not hear that in his speech?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies