Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 02:11 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,354,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I agree. Terrible, senseless and tragic.

Of all the horrific things that can befall a person in a lifetme, I honestly think the worst thing that can happen to a human being is losing a child, whether it be to disease, accident or foul play.

Regardless of our feelings about people with the wrong skin color trying to get away with wearing hoodies, I think we can all agree with that.

Given that black males are seven times more likely to murder another person, isn't taking racial profiling off the table opening the door to more murders like these?

It's just a theory, but I believe the two store employees understood this person was a threat when they saw him walk in but were too restrained by PC anti-racial profiling thought regiments to act until it was too late.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
When I see anyone in a hoodie these days, I just bum rush them and attack. You gotta be proactive. You can't be too careful.

If they are black I make sure to leave them dead because we all know black folk in hoodies can't be up to no good.

What could these store employees have done to save their lives without offending the PC crowd, or is a violent death just the acceptable price of not racially profiling?

Old 07-20-2013, 02:18 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,988,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
This is correct.

As a white person, I have been lectured by the President of the United States about racial profiling.

I have been told it is wrong for me to lock my vehicle's doors when black males are approaching because that makes an assumption based on race.

Given the current crime statistics, I prefer to see it as simply connecting the dots.

FBI — Expanded Homicide Data Table 6
You should lock your car doors when you see ANY person approaching, not just only black men. Careful, your open racism is showing again.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:21 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,331,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
The right to bear arms is not a conservative trait. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were not conservative.
I said "traditionally considered conservative." This doesn't necessarily mean it's an accurate consideration.

I was speaking more to how those ideologies (or at least their supposed definitions) are thought of today.

In today's Amerian culture, the endorsement of the right to bear arms is generally held to be a conservative trait, while it is generally held that the liberal paradigm is to be against gun ownership or at least for more restrictions on it.

I am not saying you are wrong at all; in fact if anything I misspoke more. Just didn't put into words what I was trying to say very well.

I'm also not saying the above considerations with regards to conservative vs. liberal views is correct; it just seems to be what floats around today.

Quote:
Given that black males are seven times more likely to murder another person, isn't taking racial profiling off the table opening the door to more murders like these?
By that line of "logic" we should continuously profile whites with regard to their potential for setting off bombs.

The Unabomber? White.

Tim McVeigh? White.

The Boston Marathon bombers? Ethnic differences from an Anglo-American perspective, but definitely would be considered white based on appearances alone.

Shouldn't we keep the racial profiling of whites on the table, since far more whites engage in the bombing of large numbers of innocent civilians?

Old 07-20-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
If he was walking down a street nowhere near me, minding his own business? No. Why would any reasonable person be concerned by that? However, I'd be completely freaked about by anyone, hoodie or not, obviously following me in their car and then getting out to chase me on foot, and with good reason.

After giving them the slip and having the ability to run circles around them, would you then double back to violently confront them?

Old 07-20-2013, 02:23 PM

764 posts, read 596,911 times
Look at the date. July 15th. He's IN the store and keeps it on with the hood up. It's not the same thing as someone walking around in the winter while its raining...

Old 07-20-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
What could these store employees have done to save their lives without offending the PC crowd, or is a violent death just the acceptable price of not racially profiling?
Did you not see what I posted? You quoted it, after all.

Clearly I was calling for pro-active attacks on all people wearing hoodies. If the hoodie-wearers are determined to be black, they should be detained or, better yet, shot.

How else are we to keep ourselves safe?

Old 07-20-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
After giving them the slip and having the ability to run circles around them, would you then double back to violently confront them?
Of course, none of us have any real idea or proof that anything like this actually happened.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:27 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,149,128 times
Quote:
No and I don't think that is what Martin did either....which I am sure you are suggesting.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
You should lock your car doors when you see ANY person approaching, not just only black men. Careful, your open racism is showing again.

Take it up with the racist-in-chief...

"There are probably very few African-American men who haven't had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars. That happens to me — at least before I was a senator. There are very few African-Americans who haven't had the experience of getting on an elevator and a woman clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off. That happens often."

Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

Apparently Obama thinks locking doors when black males approach is offensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies