Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve of the Tea Party and associated individuals?
I approve 92 53.18%
I disapprove 81 46.82%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 11:13 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times

Advertisements

Since we did one for Obama, let's do one for the Tea Party and supporting elements (such as Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry, Rush Limbaugh, etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 11:15 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
The media told us what to think.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:15 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
"Tea Party and supporters" means the Republicans. How'd I vote? Guess.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:16 AM

744 posts, read 1,091,552 times
No. Teabaggers are social and religious conservatives first and foremost, and economic issues are almost an afterthought. Teabaggers are simply the people who put Bush in office: evangelicals and an assortment of crazy right-wingers.

How else do you explain Todd Akin, and Michelle Bachmann, Queen of the Teabaggers?

Old 07-20-2013, 11:18 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't what you think or who told you to think it, but my opinion of the American right is based on what they do and say.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:21 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,783,260 times
Tea party is to Republicans. As Left wing liberals is to democrats.

The real US population is more towards the middle.

I don't support right wing Tea party even as a conservative Republican. They claim they are against big government yet they want to protect their Medicare. Hypocrites.

Same thing with left wing liberals. They want equality for all but fail to individuals all are different with different motivations. You can only provide a social safety net for only so long. When do u stop?

Old 07-20-2013, 11:21 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh--I promise you. I came to my conclusion all on my own.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:29 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
No. Teabaggers are social and religious conservatives first and foremost, and economic issues are almost an afterthought. Teabaggers are simply the people who put Bush in office: evangelicals and an assortment of crazy right-wingers.

How else do you explain Todd Akin, and Michelle Bachmann, Queen of the Teabaggers?
So this is what the left wing media tells you about the tea party. ALL OF THEM RIGHT, just like ALL blacks are the exact same, just like ALL liberals are the same. Just like ALL of the 47% are the same.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:42 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post

You don't know what you're talking about and calling people names is three year old behavior. It's almost like how people lump opinion jockeys with reporters and call them news reporters because they don't know the difference. The objectives/core principles of the two largest tea party organizations (Tea Party Patriots and Tea Party Express) are as follows:

Tell me when you see social/religious issues.

Tea Party Patriots:

About | Tea Party PatriotsTea Party Patriots

OUR CORE PRINCIPLES

FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY means not overspending, and not burdening our children and grandchildren with our bills. In the words of Thomas Jefferson: “the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity [is] swindling futurity on a large scale.” A more fiscally responsible government will take fewer taxes from our paychecks.

CONSTITUTIONALLY LIMITED GOVERNMENT means power resides with the people and not with the government. Governing should be done at the most local level possible where it can be held accountable. America’s founders believed that government power should be limited, enumerated, and constrained by our Constitution. Tea Party Patriots agree. The American people make this country great, not our government.

FREE MARKET ECONOMICS made America an economic superpower that for at least two centuries provided subsequent generations of Americans more opportunities and higher standards of living. An erosion of our free markets through government intervention is at the heart of America’s current economic decline, stagnating jobs, and spiraling debt and deficits. Failures in government programs and government-controlled financial markets helped spark the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. Further government interventions and takeovers have made this Great Recession longer and deeper. A renewed focus on free markets will lead to a more vibrant economy creating jobs and higher standards of living for future generations.

Tea Party Express:

Tea Party Express is proud to stand for six simple principles:

Tea Party Express | Mission Statement | Tea Party Express

•No more bailouts
•Reduce the size and intrusiveness of government
•Stop raising our taxes
•Repeal Obamacare
•Cease out-of-control spending
•Bring back American prosperity

Old 07-20-2013, 11:49 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Why on earth should I support the Tea Party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies