Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 08:52 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,245,205 times

Advertisements

yeah but Herhsey Park and Dorney Park have been around for a very long time with the same amount of volume and you never hear of accidents and deaths as you do at Six Flags parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Here at the main Park, the last death was a lady drowning in 1998. Considering the volume of visitors the accident rate is very low.

More people probably die driving there then going inside the park.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:53 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,020,556 times
37 people from New Jersey alone died during hurricane Sandy, a storm that we had a week or more of warnings and evacuation notices about...

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...sandy-map.html

How is having no common sense working out for people up there in your little ignorant mecca?

Old 07-21-2013, 08:53 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,628,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
??? The "govt" had a specific warning about the Boston Marathon? Please show link.
The Russian government warned our government about some Chechnyan Islamic terrorists that were living in Boston (on welfare handouts) but taking frequent trips to terrorist regions.

The federal government ignored those warnings --- and the result was more injuries and deaths in one day than at any amusement park.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Well, and he should have, if he thought she was going to land on him.....a serious threat of bodily harm to him and all....forget about concrete sidewalks, her entire body became a projectile weapon...
Wow - a woman dies in front of her kid -- and you guys make jokes.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:00 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,611,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The Russian government warned our government about some Chechnyan Islamic terrorists that were living in Boston (on welfare handouts) but taking frequent trips to terrorist regions.

The federal government ignored those warnings --- and the result was more injuries and deaths in one day than at any amusement park.
That's a big leap to a specific plan to bomb the Boston marathon.

And of course, more injuries and deaths in one day than at an amusement park can apply to a lot of things, like 9/11 for ex. Maybe we should stick to this topic.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That's a big leap to a specific plan to bomb the Boston marathon.

And of course, more injuries and deaths in one day than at an amusement park can apply to a lot of things, like 9/11 for ex. Maybe we should stick to this topic.
Not really -- the government should have regulated who was coming here from terrorist regions in the first place. Allowing all these jihadists to come here -- even enticing them with food stamps and Medicaid and housing vouchers is making events like the Boston Marathon very dangerous.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:04 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,611,161 times
Oh, for God's sake!

Old 07-21-2013, 09:17 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,893,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Amusement rides are regulated out the whazoo anywhere, there is certainly no exception for Texas. It seems her harness wasn't properly applied or possibly malfunctioned, but mechanical things break down whether regulated or not. We had a similar incident here years ago in heavily regulated NJ, in which a girl's harness broke and she flew out of Lightning Loops Roller Coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure.
And people still do dumb things resulting in death or injury that are not provisioned for in the regulations, even in heavily regulated NJ!

I used to ride Lighting Loops at Great Adventure in the 70's at night (we'd go there almost nightly on the "evening" season pass plan). Alot of times, the ride ended and we wanted to "go again". Rather than walk all the way down the exit stairs of the ride tower and then back up for the repeat ride, we would climb over the rail on the exit stairway and walk across the I-Beam over to the entrance stairway.

The only tricky part was timing it so you weren't on the I-Beam when the "pushing" mechanism that propelled the ride was operating. When that thing reached the end of the propulsion, it slammed to a stop and the whole structure shook!

Now, if we had fallen off the I-Beam, we'd surely have major injuries if not loss of life. Imagine the headlines and lawsuits that would create today! Back then, my parents would have probably said that I was being stupid and got what I deserved from my lack of sense. (Let alone the butt-whooping I'd get once I recovered!)

I am not saying this lady did anything wrong, but just that there needs to be a full investigation before we begin to fix what each of us thinks is the perceived problem.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:21 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,857,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It appears the land of enchantment, where businesses can run free with zero government oversight, is having a negative effect on the people who live there.
Are you an idiot, or just a liar?

Old 07-21-2013, 09:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,753,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Not long after a chemical factory exploded, a woman has apparently flown out of a roller coaster in Texas and died:

Police: No foul play seen in Texas roller coaster death - CNN.com

It appears the land of enchantment, where businesses can run free with zero government oversight, is having a negative effect on the people who live there.
Are you really this daft? Do you honestly believe that there are no safety regulations in Texas?

Peruse this list of amusement park accidents if you're really interested in what causes such accidents.

Amusement park accidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But I doubt that's really what you're interested in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies