Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 11:14 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Go to Canada little racism there, except maybe Asians.
Unless you're a member of a First Nation.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:54 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Unless you're a member of a First Nation.
If we are referring to the same group, would that be appropriate to say?, they were well represented during the Olympics. I was proud as American first, Canuck 2nd by birth. Canada is a smart country Harper is a smart and balanced Bush. They have a structural advantage for 20-30 years min. Our buddies will sell all the crude they can and bravo **** off Middle East. I say pipeline it's worth the risk. it's worked in Alaska. Military around there, no Pinkerton chubbies, well designed it makes sense. It that is not a reason for imminent domain I don't know what is. We save birds and rodents, but not ensure our National Security? We provide their "real security" we are joined at the hip it's that simple.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:05 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
If we are referring to the same group, would that be appropriate to say?, they were well represented during the Olympics. I was proud as American first, Canuck 2nd by birth. Canada is a smart country Harper is a smart and balanced Bush. They have a structural advantage for 20-30 years min. Our buddies will sell all the crude they can and bravo **** off Middle East. I say pipeline it's worth the risk. it's worked in Alaska. Military around there, no Pinkerton chubbies, well designed it makes sense. It that is not a reason for imminent domain I don't know what is. We save birds and rodents, but not ensure our National Security? We provide their "real security" we are joined at the hip it's that simple.
um....? Not sure we're on the same wavelength. I was referring to how many Canadians relate to First Nations peoples in general. Who was well-represented during the Olympics, btw?

Old 07-23-2013, 12:22 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
The irony here is that the black mobs are rioting because Zimmerman was not convicted and they are in turn being arrested for rioting, assault and theft......the very things they are typically stereotyped as doing and thus the discrimination. It is a viscous cycle that only perpetuates the racism.
As usual, Oakland is experiencing the mob mentality resulting in businesses being damaged and the rioters showing their level of bullying.

Thank God we still have the right of free association in the United States as most decent people go to their schools/jobs every day and don't get involved with mob attacks. Others have come here and built their lives and contributed to society while others destroy and riot no matter how long they are here.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:50 AM

798 posts, read 1,033,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Another ended.
K, I gave you a pretty good explanation for what I meant. Not sure what your response means, but that's cool.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:37 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry but I'm Black and that is not my reality.

See, the problem (once again) is that people like yourself like to think that Black Americans are a monolithic group. The same practice of placing general negative statistics and stereotypes that are used for "the Black community" you wouldn't dare do the same to White Americans.

And let's be honest, people like yourself can not stand a Black person who has equal or more success than you have in your life. I know this because my family and friends have dealt with jealous Whites (and non-Blacks) all of our lives. There are a lot of Whites (and/or non-Blacks) who believe that they are supposed to have more than Blacks and it is an insult to their belief in their superiority to not be higher up on the totem pole.
You have got to be kidding me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
K, I gave you a pretty good explanation for what I meant. Not sure what your response means, but that's cool.
It means I don't want to argue with a someone anymore. It's a useless argument.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:43 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Wrong again. The Zimmerman shooting was instant headline news. How much have you heard about the guy who recently died from a beating at the hands of four black teens? White on black crime is way more publicized. Please don't bore us with examples from 40+ years ago just because you are wallowing in white guilt.

Moreover, the media don't publicize these attacks (which had been occurring before and continue to occur after the Zimmerman verdict) because it doesn't fit their narrative. Interesting, too, that any mention of recent violence is referred to as a "protest" and is to be viewed in comparison to the number of "peaceful demonstrators" rather than judging each incident on its own. Since when?

Old 07-23-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Moreover, the media don't publicize these attacks (which had been occurring before and continue to occur after the Zimmerman verdict) because it doesn't fit their narrative. Interesting, too, that any mention of recent violence is referred to as a "protest" and is to be viewed in comparison to the number of "peaceful demonstrators" rather than judging each incident on its own. Since when?
Since the truth can not be told anymore. It might offend some if truth be told by it's real name.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:39 AM

573 posts, read 1,049,611 times
StarTribune.com Mobile | News, weather, sports written by an intelligent black man.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLS_TC View Post
StarTribune.com Mobile | News, weather, sports written by an intelligent black man.
Oh-oh, all I get is "this page can not be displayed." What, it was too truthful???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies