Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 10:51 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,368,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post

A little "Government 101" is in order here.

Frank and Dodd were ranking members on committees chaired by Republicans in a Republican congress.
Nothing got approved that wasn't favorable to the GOP majority. Besides, the real culprit for much of economic turmoil was the Gramm, Leach, Bliley Act. All three are Republicans. It's true that Clinton signed that bill passed by a GOP congress. If he would have vetoed it, we'd all be better off. But it was GOP policy all the way.
A little Government 101 combined with a little History 101 is in order here....

You are obviously unaware that the economic crash occurred in 2008, yet Republicans did not control the House until 2010. So, no....actually it was a Democratic Congress controlled by the Dem majority. In the House, Dems had control from 2007-2009 by a margin of 233-198, and it was 49-49 toss up in the Senate with 2 Independents. Nice try though. Top tip, if you are going to post a condescending, snarky remark as a reply, you may want to go to the trouble to make sure it is factually accurate.

It is not me making the argument that anyone that disagrees with Obama does so out of some strange hatred or fanatical birther delusions. Do those cranks exist? Yes, regrettably they do, but you fail to recognize that neither end of the ideological spectrum is free from it's fair share of resident nut jobs.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:54 AM

331 posts, read 253,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
A little Government 101 combined with a little History 101 is in order here....

You are obviously unaware that the economic crash occurred in 2008, yet Republicans did not control the House until 2010. So, no....actually it was a Democratic Congress controlled by the Dem majority. In the House, Dems had control from 2007-2009 by a margin of 233-198, and it was 49-49 toss up in the Senate with 2 Independents. Nice try though. Top tip, if you are going to post a condescending, snarky remark as a reply, you may want to go to the trouble to make sure it is factually accurate.

It is not me making the argument that anyone that disagrees with Obama does so out of some strange hatred or fanatical birther delusions. Do those cranks exist? Yes, regrettably they do, but you fail to recognize that neither end of the ideological spectrum is free from it's fair share of resident nut jobs.
This is true.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:00 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,832,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010
Why do some of you "Hate" President Obama?
Because we are awake and know what his goals are! (To destory the US and bring in the NWO)

Old 07-23-2013, 11:21 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,476,785 times
Quote:
Besides, the real culprit for much of economic turmoil was the Gramm, Leach, Bliley Act. .
oh please

GS or GLB wouldnt have done a thing

gs/glb had zero to due with bad loans secured by the government

gs/glb had very liitle to do with the housing bubble, that started in 1995....

yes GS was a stupid thing....but it was BEFORE GS...gs had very little to do with the housing crash, gs had very little to due with "too big to fail"

gs was 1999

they(banks) became 'too big to fail' before the repealing of G-S

1987 chemical bank merged into jp morgan
1992 manufactorers hanover and trust into jp morgan
1996 chase manhattin into jp morgan
1993 Banc one into JPmorgan
1995 first chicago into jpmorgan
1995 NDBancorp into jpmorgan

1988 fleet into norstar... into bank of america
1990 bank of new england into BOA
1990 Citizens into BOA

1998 travelrs into citi

1987 first fidelity into wells fargo
1996 Meridian Bancorp into wells fargo
1997 signet into first union into wells fargo
1988 barclays into wells fargo

yes some happend after gs.. but the 'too big to fail' happend before Gs

these BANK mergers all happened BEFORE 2000 and the repealing of glass-stegal (the grammleachy)

the redoing of the mortgage rules....1995 by the HUD chief...henry cisnero's at the direction of clinton

nafta (and all the other 'free'trade agreements )has cost the USA 40 million jobs since 1994.......certainly not part of GS...

GS had nothing to due with the housing bubble...the bubble/bust was GOVERNMENT CAUSED... banks are NOT going to lend to people that cant pay UNLESS they are DIRECTED to from the GOVERNMENT..

Old 07-23-2013, 01:49 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,675,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
That's what you got out of his speech, I took his comments differently. But, I'm not you, and you're not me, we both have our differences of opinions, and that may be how and where we grew up and may have some to do with parenting too.
That's not what I "got out of his speech," Obama brought up SYG and race. It's not my opinion that Obama brought up Trayvons race, SYG, and racial relations, it's what he said in his speech. Neither SYG nor race played any part in the Zimmerman trial, and yet Obama brought them up.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:01 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
That's not what I "got out of his speech," Obama brought up SYG and race. It's not my opinion that Obama brought up Trayvons race, SYG, and racial relations, it's what he said in his speech. Neither SYG nor race played any part in the Zimmerman trial, and yet Obama brought them up.
You see, that is speculative and a matter of one's opinions.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:22 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,368,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
So much tripe in this post, it's indigestible.

So, which parts are factually inaccurate?

Did Bush enact the Patriot Act? (yes)
Did Democrats excoriate him for it? (yes)
Has Obama expanded the reach and scope of the Patriot Act? (yes)
Has Obama endured the same level of criticism as Bush from Dems? (no)
Was Bush vilified for drone strikes? (yes)
Has Obama dramatically expanded the use of drone strikes? (yes)
Were Frank and Dodd the Chairs of their respective banking committees at the time of the crash? (yes)
When was the last time the Democrat controlled Senate passed a budget? April 29, 2009, over 4 years.
Here is a link to a liberal friendly source to confirm the date the Dems in the Senate last passed a budget.

You can have your own opinions, but not your own facts...

Old 07-23-2013, 02:37 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
I recall the rabid right hating Clinton in the 90s and making up all kinds of phony "scandals" at that time.

All that's changed is that these same haters are now directing their imaginary phobias at the current president. These people are mentally and emotionally unbalanced. It's pitiful that the GOP is giving them a platform for their hatred and acquiescing to their psychosis.
Clinton the IMPEACHED? We didn't need to make anything up about him. He did what he did. I even voted for him the first time but not the 2nd. He was a joke, and it is his policy you see killing the USA today.

Obama is just a plain born loser who got lucky. He won't have the impact on a Nation like Clinton did. Jimmy carters likes Obama a lot for restoring any legacy Jimmy may have coming after all now his rep is bottom of barrel class.

Obama is a first rate stinker. I like it when he is confused to be a waiter.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
So, which parts are factually inaccurate?

Did Bush enact the Patriot Act? (yes)
Did Democrats excoriate him for it? (yes)
Has Obama expanded the reach and scope of the Patriot Act? (yes)
Was Bush vilified for drone strikes? (yes)
Has Obama dramatically expanded the use of drone strikes? (yes)
Were Frank and Dodd the Chairs of their respective banking committees at the time of the crash? (yes)
When was the last time the Democrat controlled Senate passed a budget? April 29, 2009, over 4 years.
Here is a link to a liberal friendly source to confirm the date the Dems in the Senate last passed a budget.

You can have your own opinions, but not your own facts...
The bolded sounds, so, well, libberalish. LOL
knock yourself out and have fun.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Clinton the IMPEACHED? We didn't need to make anything up about him. He did what he did. I even voted for him the first time but not the 2nd. He was a joke, and it is his policy you see killing the USA today.

Obama is just a plain born loser who got lucky. He won't have the impact on a Nation like Clinton did. Jimmy carters likes Obama a lot for restoring any legacy Jimmy may have coming after all now his rep is bottom of barrel class.

Obama is a first rate stinker. I like it when he is confused to be a waiter.

Fly flags upside down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
OBAMA is the one who should be in JAIL, waiting to get HUNG by the neck till Death......
Let me guess, you hate Obama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies