Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 09:28 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
That was one of the greatest speeches ever given, as much as for what it didn't say ("vote for me") as for what it did say. Bobby was running for President at the time and that was supposed to be a campaign speech but listening to it today you'd never know that

"Could you lower those signs please" That always reminds me of Mitt Romney and his inability to say could you turn off that video please
What does this have to do with Romney??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 09:34 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times

Robert F. Kennedy challenges Gross Domestic Product - YouTube

Old 07-22-2013, 09:34 AM

500 posts, read 376,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
If one has such a hatred towards Obama... do you really think they are going to fairly assess his speech?
You have it backward.

It's because of his racially divisive speeches that people hate him.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:37 AM

During a speech at the Indiana University Medical Center, one of the students called out: “Where are we going to get the money to pay for all these new programs you’re proposing?” Kennedy replied: “From you. I look around this room and I don’t see many black faces who will become doctors. Part of a civilized society is to let people go to medical school who come from ghettos. I don’t see many people coming here from the slums, or off of Indian reservations. You are the privileged ones here. It’s easy for you to sit back and say it’s the fault of the Federal Government. But it’s our responsibility too. It’s our society too… It’s the poor who carry the major burden of the struggle in Vietnam. You sit here as white medical students, while black people carry the burden of the fighting in Vietnam

Robert F. Kennedy : Biography

Old 07-22-2013, 09:37 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times

Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
What does this have to do with Romney??
You don't remember that rally that was supposed to be all about the Hurricane Sandy victims and wasn't supposed to be political at all. Except gosh oh gee somebody put on a Romney campaign video

Old 07-22-2013, 09:47 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
There was no teleprompter...he spoke from the mind and heart. When I think back to Martin Luther King...and his death- and I remember the day- as a white person...it still brings me to tears - Sure King had his human defects but he also had depth- understanding...and knew the basic concepts of Christianity and of those values - Obama is not educated in American culture..He does not have the understanding that King had. King was a man who was willing to lay down his life for another man or woman - regardless of their color...it's heart breaking that America and black leaders have forgotten King and he seems to have died in vain...it's very sad.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:55 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
????? Now you're all over the map.......

This is about quailing the racial tension right now..........RFK showed true leadership that night.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:56 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
The president actually compared himself to Trayvon; he compared himself to an individual who refused to respond amicably, and brutally beat George Zimmerman; the images spoke for themselves. Like other blacks, he didn't care about the evidence, or the injuries. The president proved, he is black first, and the president second. For whatever reason, this was a case where whites in general, were indicted, without any whites being involved. The media wanted to portray Zimmerman as white. I realized that Hispanics could be considered racist, arbitrarily, just as easily as whites.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:58 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
A leader tries to bring the nation together, not further divide it.
A leader aims to lead all the people, not pit various groups against each other.

Best post right now, for zeroing on the problem. A good leader will aways try and bring the Nation and it's people together!

A good leader will never pit people against people for any reaosn.

A goodd leader will see that there is never a divide, due to his actions, or lack of common sense words.

A good leader will never stir the pot, to make it boil over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies