Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 11:41 AM

92,717 posts, read 123,032,038 times

Advertisements

I dare say "Nothing to see here, folks".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 11:47 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,952,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Yes, absolutely.
In what way is Obama a moderate? He appears ultra liberal to me.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:12 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,466,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
In what way is Obama a moderate? He appears ultra liberal to me.
Obviously not - or the ultra liberals wouldn't be complaining.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:58 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,311,163 times
I don't think it's that people won't accept any criticism of Obama, Tavis Smiley and Cornel West are simply annoying.

These two guys thought they were more important than they are. They thought they should have had more access and influence on the President than they do and have been mad and bitter about it since they learned the truth. They thought that Obama was going to be a Black President who would push a Black agenda and they would have major influence. It hasn't worked out that way and they are bitter. I told y'all from the start that Barack Obama was not going to be The President of Black People. He was going to be and is The President of the United States.

I think people are just sick of Tavis Smiley, Cornel West and their hurt feelings. These guys have no one but themselves to blame for their arrogance and misconceptions.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:01 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,657,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I don't think it's that people won't accept any criticism of Obama, Tavis Smiley and Cornel West are simply annoying.

These two guys thought they were more important than they are. They thought they should have had more access and influence on the President than they do and have been mad and bitter about it since they learned the truth. They thought that Obama was going to be a Black President who would push a Black agenda and they would have major influence. It hasn't worked out that way and they are bitter. I told y'all from the start that Barack Obama was not going to be The President of Black People. He was going to be and is The President of the United States.

I think people are just sick of Tavis Smiley, Cornel West and their hurt feelings. These guys have no one but themselves to blame for their arrogance and misconceptions.
^^This.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:22 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,465,295 times
I like Tavis.

But reading his comments in one of those links, I was kind of offended. I was offended by him comparing the Trayvon thing to the Rwanada genocide. And I was offended he had the audacity to claim the country needs moral leadership now.

Really?

Like what "morals" matter? Criminalizing abortion?

No, "morals" only matter when Democrats say they should matter or they agree with the moral polemics.

Why is not legalized abortion--with its body count--comparable to the Rwandan genocide? Babies can't fight back.

Trayvon was physically bigger than me when he got into a scrap with Zimmerman. While Zimmernan should never had been following that boy, Trayvon probably should have ran away from Zimmerman like he was a baby and Zimmerman an abortion doctor. But he attacked Zimmerman and Zimmerman aborted him like an abortion doctor.

Now, I don't think abortions are actually like genocides where you run down, or corner one or more persons, and begin to brutally murder them or gun them down as they cry and plead for their life or the lives of their children and loved ones. But neither was Zimmerman's shooting of Trayvon the same as that.

I think the truth is more muddled and shaded in that both Trayvon and Zimmerman made poor choices in handling both their respective frustrations. That combined with the gun laws in Florida with the "Stand Your Ground" policy.

Young white men have been gunned to death in Florida under that same policy.

See here this Journeyman Pictures on this very issue:

License to Kill - USA - YouTube

Old 07-22-2013, 03:28 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,952,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Obviously not - or the ultra liberals wouldn't be complaining.
So that means they have to agree with every single thing to be on the same category? Charles Barkley was a big Obama supporter, yet he drew a much difference conclusion about the case. Are people robots where everyone only has about 5 or 6 ways to view the world?

Old 07-22-2013, 03:33 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,465,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Smiley is just another Sharpton. He's a race hustler. He only criticized Obama for not going further and sounding like Sharpton or Wright.
Tavis is no Sharpton.

Sharpton is more a long the lines of a Don King. Sharpton supposedly used to be a middle-man for the Italian New York mafia. And supposedly he was caught on wire/tape setting up a drug deal for some guy to buy a lot of drugs from Italian mobsters so the guy could sell the drugs (either cocaine/crack or heroin, I can't remember which) to Black-American drug addicts or soon to be addicted recreational drug users.

But supposedly the FBI busted in on him, played his taped conversation to him, and gave him an ultimatum. That is... Sharpton agreed to work as a snitch for the FBI.

Tavis is a more straight-laced guy. He's very articulate and the kind of guy if sent into an African country like Liberia would be a fairly honest politician (assuming one could start over in that nation from scratch). But Sharpton is the kind of guy that is going to be tied up with Colombian cartel, Nigerian crime circles, Italian gangsters, and talking a "Church" and "Blackness" while covertly working for the CIA.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:38 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,835,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Smiley is just another Sharpton. He's a race hustler. He only criticized Obama for not going further and sounding like Sharpton or Wright.
That was the impression I got when I watched the segment on Meet The Press. I was thinking, "Oh great, there is always someone willing to replace Sharpton."

Old 07-22-2013, 03:47 PM

25,956 posts, read 24,680,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Tavis, a committed Leftist, appeared on Meet the Press and said the Presidents comments Friday were as weak as watered down pre sweetened Kool-Aid. Ok sonata is is not a fan of the Great One. Immediately Black folks erupted on Twitter calling him some pretty vile names. Various Tavis related hash tags zoomed to the top. While I personally thought his comment was gratuitous why do Black people seem to tolerate no criticism of Obama. Is this some sort of group psychosis or something. I just don't get it.

Tavis Smiley Blasts Obama’s ‘Weak As Kool-Aid’ Speech: ‘This Is Not Libya, You Can’t Lead From Behind’ On Race | Mediaite
Onswipe
I assume that many blacks consider Obama THEIR president, one of them rather than one of the usual ethnic Irish, British or German presidents they don't really feel are theirs. On TV I even saw some Africans dancing and celebrating when he got elected, saying he was one of theirs. They seem to consider him the representative of their "race", which I am sure he doesn't like at all, he can't afford to like it or act on behalf of black people.
I guess Obama could be the devil himself and lots of black people would defend him, simply because he is black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies