Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 08:31 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
It's just that shooting a felon engaged in assault, battery, and attempted murder thing, is not a crime - it's self defense.

An unarmed person is not a harmless person... especially when he's bashing your skull on concrete pavement.
What felon???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 08:35 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
It's a conspiracy. He engineered the wreck to silence potential witnesses against him in federal court.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:48 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
I bet GZ could satisfy Michelle Obama like she's never been satisfied before!
The fat boy with the blank expression? Kind of a permanent "HUH' that's often seen in rural America?

Doubt it.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:55 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,317,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
It's just that shooting a felon engaged in assault, battery, and attempted murder thing, is not a crime - it's self defense.

An unarmed person is not a harmless person... especially when he's bashing your skull on concrete pavement.
What felon are you talking about? Anyways Zimmerman is the one with the arrest record.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Trayvon may have had objectionable tweets, but where is the evidence that he was a thug? And no, smoking marijuana doesn't make you a thug - that is unless you consider Cheech and Chong thugs.
Hell, it's legal here in CO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He does the things he does because it's "God's will."
You beat me to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
As culture supposedly evolves ...it seems to in some cases be de-evolving. The old term HOOD - or criminal originated back in the day when men wore robes and a criminal or hood would cover their head in order to lose their identity. Some of the stylizing that occurs with today's black youth is in part culture borrowed form the criminal class...as some sort of rebellion against authority - this is bound to have negative effect on society. The hoodie is slowly going out of fashion thank God. As for the slack ass baggy pant look that has been around for a while now...when you see a 35 year old male wearing this out of date gear they simply look immature and low class...I see white kids adopting this "look" - Little do youth understand they are starting to look out of style.
I thought "hood" stood for "hoodlum".

Old 07-22-2013, 09:01 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
FOX TERRIER keeps calling G.Z Porky. Knock it off. You are not so pretty yourself. lol.....

Old 07-22-2013, 09:15 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...6Yvzs4Ls#at=33

Published on Jul 19, 2013
Bill Whittle examines the death of Trayvon Martin and trial of George Zimmerman. Is the acquittal of Zimmerman one of the great civil rights injustices of our time? Find out.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I like to think that most, if not all, of us would stop to help under similar circumstances. It doesn't make him special or a hero; he just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Funny how there continues to be threads and posts all over the place demonizing a dead teenager and his family and the same people doing that now seem to be involved in some lame PR campaign to try to create an image of Zimmerman that puts him in the best light possible.

Gag me.
Well, if they had an Obama sticker on the car I'd drive right by........

Old 07-22-2013, 10:20 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
George was likely listening to a police scanner 24 hours a day in order to play the hero and redeem his name.

Too coincidental.

If it's true, good for him.

I think he's trying to play superman.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:22 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubina View Post
Trayvon turned 17 less than two weeks before Zimmerman murdered him. If Zimmerman, who was armed with a gun, had listened to the police, the kid (defined as anyone under 18) who was armed with a bag of skittles and a drink would be alive. No scuffle would have ensued.
Don't forget this IF:

If Trayvon was so damned pure and innocent as an angel, he coulda called 911 instead of Rachel for advice. Even then he didn't heed her admonition of 'Run, Trayvon, run!'.

He CHOSE to stay and pick a fight.

Conclusion: He did have some reason to not call 911. He was opening a can of whoopass on someone by surprise, and lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies