Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2013, 12:59 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times

Advertisements

I think it is funny when people try to say welfare is our reparations. Really? Really? Come on now, really? The fact that it wasn't available to poor black folk for the longest and the fact that it is still available to poor people of any race is somehow reparations to black people?

Wow.

Truth be told, the overwhelming majority of black folk always knew any sort of reparations were never going to come. You guys just focus on the crazy few and try to attribute that to the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 01:06 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Yep, haven't noticed any Jews walking around bawling about their situation. What, 6000000 murdered?
Good point, and in reality it wasn't really that long ago. I'm sure you can still find some people , probably many people that have the tattoo. And it seems like the majority of the Jewish people have done very well for themselves. I wonder what the difference is ?

Old 07-25-2013, 01:07 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Wait a minute... you cons have been insisting that racist white Democrats of the Woodrow Wilson type in the late 19th century/early 20th century, and all the way up to the mid-1960s (i.e. a century after slavery ended), are responsible for all of the ills of the African-American community today.

Has your official party line changed?
Changed?

NAH!

Just as flexible and bent to suit the party's agenda as ever.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:19 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Blacks don't want to get over the slavery race card.. they love to play it. Al Sharpton is saying what they want and love to hear . This pastor tells it like it really is.

Satan Sent Obama to Destroy America - YouTube

Old 07-25-2013, 06:26 PM

331 posts, read 253,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Blacks don't want to get over the slavery race card.. they love to play it. Al Sharpton is saying what they want and love to hear . This pastor tells it like it really is.

Satan Sent Obama to Destroy America - YouTube
LMAO..

No, this guy is an opportunist looking to cash in on people such as yourself with more inflammatory rhetoric.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:38 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
Maybe whites should have picked their own cotton. I guess it's too late for that.
Oh brother. Like every black in America picked all of the cotton. I had relatives that picked all of their cotton. I have picked about a bucket full of cotton and it was hard work and I am glad I didn't have to do it all the time. I had relatives who owned many slaves. I had relatives who owned known. I don't mind, at all, that the ones that owned slaves lost everything as a result of the Civil War. Though they worked like dogs to acquire land and buy slaves to help work the land, they deserved to lose it all, IMO. You cannot own another human being.

It's time to move on. We have had 40 years since things changed for the better. Isn't it time to let all the changes and new ways of doing things take affect ? Christ, if we keep on blaming and pointing fingers and demanding more and more, it is going to end really badly I am afraid. We may go to a place this country can't come back from.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:19 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Blacks think every white person was a slave owner. That is like saying every African was a slave.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:23 PM

199 posts, read 241,802 times
Conservative Republican's paradise.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:23 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
LOL@ this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
Maybe whites should have picked their own cotton. I guess it's too late for that.
LOOOOLLLL!! True...but they were too lazy for that!

Old 07-25-2013, 08:24 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
As a relative of mine once said, "Unless your last name is some variant of Pocohontas, you don't have anything to ***** about." I'm just under 1/2 American Indian, the rest is a Caucasian mix from several different European families, and I don't feel a bit of guilt about anything that any of my ancestors did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies