Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 07:02 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,460,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
This guy impregnated and had 22 kids to 14 different woman, didn't stick around for any of the kids or pay child support (and THINKS he is a good father).

Why should I have to pay for this?
I'm sure I could find a news story about some white guy who did the same thing. What would that prove?

What this story does prove is that this guy, and the women he impregnated, wasn't taught about the consequences of his actions. I blame their parents as well as the schools where they apparently weren't paying attention during, or didn't even have, sex ed classes. (Since TN is a red state, I suspect the latter.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 07:04 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,445,897 times
I think some in this thread need to watch the 2nd half of this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=derz...e_gdata_player

Old 07-22-2013, 07:08 PM

490 posts, read 650,351 times
As a black man in America I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty because as many have said I can't blame you for the sins of your ancestors.
But to completely ignore the impact slavery still has on America to this day is wrong.
If blacks and whites were on a foot race to equality and stability whites would have about a 2 lap lead. Blacks are closing fast but we are not there yet. It's just that we got off to a slow start for obvious reasons.
There are many good, well meaning people of both races and together they will continue to cut the gap and make America live up to its potential and be a place where all people truly are equal. Hate to sound so cliche about it but that's the way I see OUR country.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:11 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
The religious leaders, black and white both, during that period, never spoke out against the evils of slavery. Religion has always been a supporter of the government and big corporations.

The plantation owners always made sure their slaves had an adequate religious education.

So who should really be blamed and feel guilty?

Old 07-22-2013, 09:29 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Maybe we can pass some sort of Law that makes it mandatory to trace your genealogy and give "absolution" to those of us who never had ANY ancestors who even lived in this country before the Civil War. At least a bunch of people might be able to get out of this nightmare of century old "blame".

This entire "you are to blame for my state in life" because you must have had a Slave Owner ancestor over 150 years ago is beyond ridiculous - at least some of us could escape the "stain" that we are all forced to bear for something none of us (or our ancestors) had anything to do with. I didn't have a single ancestor that lived here before the civil war - except for a Great Grandmother who was a Cherokee .... I'm sure she never owned Slaves.

The bottom line here has always been the same ...... Reparations. "You owe me", "you are the reason I drop out of school", "you are the reason I can't find a job", "you are the reason we kill each other for sport", "you are the reason we have single mothers and failing families", "you are the reason for everything thing that is wrong in my life". YOU YOU YOU ...... you are the reason for all my ills.

The Victimhood is never ending, and people are beginning to work that out. This country has spent Billions and Billions in some sort of "atonement" and it won't matter how many more Billions and Billions we throw down that never ending hole ..... it will never be enough. I have no idea what would be enough and I don't think anyone else does either ..... it just "more".

Nobody is born a Bigot, it is carefully taught ..... today, it's being carefully taught in Black Communities all over the USA. "They owe you", because of a history from the 1800's. A history that many never even lived in this country to be "guilty of". Little children are growing up carefully nurtured in this "bigotry" an Victimhood. It's like a business.

It's time to move on .... not the Black Communities that promote this bigotry (they can do what they choose), but the rest of us that never had anything at all to do with any of it, and are more than tired of the Blame game for gain. We need to just ignore them, because all the programs, the Head Start, the Affirmative Action, the Busing, the Cities like Detroit that have been run by Blacks for over 35 years, a two term Black President & all the Black CongressCritters that do nothing but incessantly whine...... is not enough and nothing will ever be enough.

I'm tired of it. The last 5 years have been a real learning experience. I couldn't help by cry tears of joy to see the first Black President elected - I was very active in the Civil Rights movement as a student. The disappointment of the failure of this President is massive - no "United States of America", but deepening division for political gain. It's horrible to watch.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:47 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I'm sure I could find a news story about some white guy who did the same thing. What would that prove?

What this story does prove is that this guy, and the women he impregnated, wasn't taught about the consequences of his actions. I blame their parents as well as the schools where they apparently weren't paying attention during, or didn't even have, sex ed classes. (Since TN is a red state, I suspect the latter.)
Oh come on.. really? he wasn't taught the consequences of his actions? really pch? Yea, that says a lot about baby daddy and mommy.

Talk about reaching.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
I'm still trying to figure out when white folks have ever had guilt about anything to begin with.

I've never seen it.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

The bottom line here has always been the same ...... Reparations. "You owe me", "you are the reason I drop out of school", "you are the reason I can't find a job", "you are the reason we kill each other for sport", "you are the reason we have single mothers and failing families", "you are the reason for everything thing that is wrong in my life". YOU YOU YOU ...... you are the reason for all my ills.
When people blame it gives them an excuse for their own failures. Yea point your finger at everyone else and that will help it get better and all go away.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:55 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm still trying to figure out when white folks have ever had guilt about anything to begin with.

I've never seen it.
Guilt is an individual condition, so you wouldn't necessarily see such a thing.

Apparently you don't have any close white friends, or your friends don't let you know if they feel guilty.

However, you seem to be invoking the idea of collective guilt, and that my friend, does not exist at the moment.

White people living today, as a whole, have no reason to feel guilty over anything of significance, and those who claim they do are only are only trying to spread division and enmity where there should only be unity and harmony.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

I've never seen it.
I don't know any white folks that feel any guilt. That's just a farce propagated by the liberal media. Hell now we even have Chris Matthews apologizing for us. lol, that man is a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies