Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 11:41 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
You don't seem to be able to handle equal opportunity...and seek equal outcome.
That's the myth. That I not the case. By e Rey metric blacks and whites with similar qualifications have wildly different outcomes. This isn't an individual problem, it is a structure problem.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 01:10 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,481,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
That's the myth. That I not the case. By e Rey metric blacks and whites with similar qualifications have wildly different outcomes. This isn't an individual problem, it is a structure problem.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.
Okay, now I'll play YOUR game...NAME these examples!

Old 08-04-2013, 01:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
You don't seem to be able to handle equal opportunity...and seek equal outcome.
There's no such thing as equal opportunity. That's a myth.

And no one expects equal outcomes. No such thing as that either. Everyone understands that some people come out better than others in any situation.

That's all Limbaugh bullshyt. Get better talking points.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:16 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Okay, now I'll play YOUR game...NAME these examples!
Why don't we start with the most important one, the unemployment rate. This article has a handy chart. Notice that for black college grads, unemployment is nearly double. It is double across all education levels.
http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...ap-in-america/

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:00 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,481,187 times
Well with 3.0 students like Jeantel its no wonder....she may have been GIVEN good grades but she's an illiterate ignorant moron!

Heck give her a Doctorate... It won't make her employable ... I guess its just because she's black though...

Here's an idea! Go to the gubbmint and get tons of grants so you can start a business in the ghetto and give a whole bunch of people jobs...

Last edited by Cyborgt800; 08-04-2013 at 03:19 PM..

Old 08-04-2013, 03:56 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post

Really? So you could tell them what their ancestors names were and show them to the right ethnic groups and families?
I'm sure we could go to the historical record and determine which slave masters they were purchased from in Africa.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hello McFly calling on Mcfly! Which country should they all go back to or at all? You sound like a typical insensitive clueless white american when talking about the inequalities/history of racism in this country. Please do us all a favor and if you cannot contribute anything of substance to the conversation, please keep your telephone on mute and learn.
Why don't you go and sit in the corner and indulge in self-flagellation more (assuming you're white)?

Old 08-04-2013, 04:03 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Well with 3.0 students like Jeantel its no wonder....she may have been GIVEN good grades but she's an illiterate ignorant moron!

Heck give her a Doctorate... It won't make her employable ... I guess its just because she's black though...

Here's an idea! Go to the gubbmint and get tons of grants so you can start a business in the ghetto and give a whole bunch of people jobs...

Congrats, because once again you never fail to amuse us all with your blatant form racism and limited wit. I'm pretty sure that you are not multilingual since you somehow failed to master the english language in written form, but yet you took time from your deprogramming from reality to make such an obscene assine remark on someone that you don't even know based upon their unprepareness for a court appearnace that involved the murder of her good friend.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Congrats, because once again you never fail to amuse us all with your blatant form racism and limited wit. I'm pretty sure that you are not multilingual since you somehow failed to master the english language in written form, but yet you took time from your deprogramming from reality to make such an obscene assine remark on someone that you don't even know based upon their unprepareness for a court appearnace that involved the murder of her good friend.

Should be English, asinine, unpreparedness, and appearance.

Pot, meet kettle.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:41 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Quote:

Why is an illiterate ignorant moron? Because English wasn't her first or second language? And she doesn't have the best English? You have no idea whether or not she has been given any grades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies