Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 03:07 PM

77,920 posts, read 60,076,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
So he admits now to continuing raunchy text messages a year after he resigned from Congress, reconciled with his wife, and now wants to be mayor of NYC.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/24/ny...signation.html

My wife would not have given me this many chances to get my s*it together.
Personally, I view such treatment of ones spouse and promises negatively when conducted in a serial fashion.

However, many people just say it's the persons personal life and don't weigh it as anything.

Well, I agree about personal life....if a politician is gay or likes to wear womens clothes or whatever I really don't care. When they mistreat and lie to those closest to them then I think it's not "personal life" protected as it's indicative of thier overall honesty etc.

As such, I think there are a lot better choices out there than Weinerman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 03:09 PM

77,920 posts, read 60,076,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Certainly explains the MIC rallying behind Republicans
The MIC rallies behind everybody.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:10 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,433,257 times
Question: Regardless of how bad Weiner's and Spitzer's offenses were, why do they have to be back? I simply don't get it. Unlike regular folks, both are wealthy and can find work in the private sector. Both of them left their position for obvious reason, what changed that warrants a comeback?

Old 07-23-2013, 03:13 PM

500 posts, read 374,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Yeah, in contrast to nearly every other politician.

I didn't care about Vitter. I didn't care about Newt's affairs. I learned a long time ago that what people do with their personal lives usually has very little bearing on how they conduct themselves in their jobs. I've known people with squeaky-clean personal lives who aren't the least trustworthy in business and those with less than straightforward personal lives who are perfectly dependable and honest on the job. The way we obsess about this stuff as a country is embarrassing.
I'm not sure which is worse. Obsession about Weiner's weiner or posting in threads about Weiner's weiner, which is possibly the same thing. Talk about embarrassing! I would certainly be.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:15 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,017,104 times
http://news.yahoo.com/video/abc-news...220000361.html

Upcoming press conference. This guy just needs to quit politics and then he continue his creepy habits all he wants.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:15 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,820,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Personally, I view such treatment of ones spouse and promises negatively when conducted in a serial fashion.

However, many people just say it's the persons personal life and don't weigh it as anything.

Well, I agree about personal life....if a politician is gay or likes to wear womens clothes or whatever I really don't care. When they mistreat and lie to those closest to them then I think it's not "personal life" protected as it's indicative of thier overall honesty etc.

As such, I think there are a lot better choices out there than Weinerman.
I know a businessman (originally from India) who told me he would not do business with a man who cheats his wife. his reasoning was that if a man would cheat on his wife he would cheat everyone else too.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:18 PM

56,953 posts, read 25,911,628 times
Weiner doesn't have a law degree, no talent and was disappointment as a legislator other than a few photo ops. He can't find a job on the outside so he needs to run for office, he should just go away he is an embarrassment to NY.

I don't know how many times I have heard the phrase "how can you vote for him". We love our crooked and dishonest politicians, Rangel, Sanford, Marion Barry, Abscam legislators from NJ back in the 70's yet uninformed voters keep on electing them, then complain they want term limits.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:22 PM

50,339 posts, read 35,975,050 times
Same way they voted for Elliot Spitzer and Mark Sanford.

I actually don't consider a sex scandal a deal breaker (depending on what it is) if they are good at what they do politically. Many of our greatest leaders would never have made it in the scrutiny of today's media.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:24 PM

68,297 posts, read 54,124,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I know a businessman (originally from India) who told me he would not do business with a man who cheats his wife. his reasoning was that if a man would cheat on his wife he would cheat everyone else too.
I always felt the same way about those on a golf course who KNOW they took 7 strokes on a hole yet write down 5 and actually believe it.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:24 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,017,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Same way they voted for Elliot Spitzer and Mark Sanford.

I actually don't consider a sex scandal a deal breaker (depending on what it is) if they are good at what they do politically. Many of our greatest leaders would never have made it in the scrutiny of today's media.
Im sorry, but we need higher standards. If the best we can do is a married hypocrite creep who pays $10k for a hooker, or a madam who runs a brothel of hookers, or another creep who likes to send out pics of his private parts .......then we are in trouble. These men/women do not deserve our trust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies