Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 06:14 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
You just might get it:
For some gays in America, a legal victory becomes a tax headache | Reuters

Yep, you got it...
Welcome to the club!
The answer to their question is an easy one. Obama wants mo money so the answer is whatever is higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 06:14 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I hate to be the one to break this to you, but even if every gay person on earth were to vanish tomorrow (which would leave you with a LOT of free time on your hands), within a couple of decades homosexuality would be back. Reason: you heterosexuals keep breeding them.

If you want to eradicate homosexuality, you'll have to eradicate humanity.
Who said I want to ERADICATE it? Please, if you want to have any discourse on the subject...stop building strawmen.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:15 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I didn't make any explicit claims, you did. So....any proof outside of fad science?
The only claim I made was that homosexuality isn't a behavior.

Disprove that.

(Here, I'll save you a little time: You can't.)

Quote:
it's impossible to peg...as much as homosexuals want to so they can milk the government for favors.
Now you're just making stuff up.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:16 PM

331 posts, read 253,894 times
Quote:
being it takes roughly 800 years or so for any distinct observation towards any specific group in regards to natural selection...I'd say you're just flinging poo against the wall. Besides, reproduction is the trait most conducive to survival and I have that on my side, you don't.
Are you assuming that I have to be gay to be tolerant of homosexuals? I'm not gay, I'm just not a bigot.

And you took my statement too literal. The younger generation has been increasingly more open and progressive as compared to the baby boomers and older generations. That is what has spurned the recent surge in support for gay rights. As our generation grows, matures, and reproduces, we will not only pass down our genes but continue to teach our offspring about what equality entails. So yes, those who think like you will eventually be selected against.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Who said I want to ERADICATE it? Please, if you want to have any discourse on the subject...stop building strawmen.
You're clearly very unhappy at the existence of homosexuality. If you were in charge, what you do about it?

Old 07-23-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
The only claim I made was that homosexuality isn't a behavior.

Disprove that.
God exists...disprove that...

You see how silly that is? Don't shift the burden of proof on me for your hammerfisted claims.

If it isn't a behavior, then what is it?

Quote:
Now you're just making stuff up.
No, I'm really not... Why is there such an agenda that exists to actually PROVE that transexuals are actually born with a certain "disability"?? Instead of piling it into classifications like dissociative disorders..they are trying to create it's own lane. Why? Because they want it to have it's own course of treatment...

Yes, sexual reassignment as a CURE. Then what happens when you have a "legitimate" disease that is classified by a bunch of fad fueled quacks and a treatment that is rubber stamped by peers?

You start pushing for it to be covered under SSD/SSI

See where this is going?

Old 07-23-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
Are you assuming that I have to be gay to be tolerant of homosexuals? I'm not gay, I'm just not a bigot.

And you took my statement too literal. The younger generation has been increasingly more open and progressive as compared to the baby boomers and older generations. That is what has spurned the recent surge in support for gay rights. As our generation grows, matures, and reproduces, we will not only pass down our genes but continue to teach our offspring about what equality entails. So yes, those who think like you will eventually be selected against.
Or maybe subsequent generations will realize that equality is a false premise? Or, maybe homosexuals will realize that they are a small part of a much larger group that has been selected against.

Quote:
You're clearly very unhappy at the existence of homosexuality. If you were in charge, what you do about it?
I would take the separatist approach. I am an anti-statist.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
If it isn't a behavior, then what is it?
It's an orientation, or a predisposition to be attracted to one gender instead of the other.

Do you check out members of the opposite sex? Do you refrain from having sex with them even though you're attracted to them? Are you attracted to them even though you're not having sex with them?

That's your sexual orientation. Whether you act on it it not. It's quite simple, really.

Quote:
Why is there such an agenda that exists to actually PROVE that transexuals are actually born with a certain "disability"?? Instead of piling it into classifications like dissociative disorders..they are trying to create it's own lane. Why? Because they want it to have it's own course of treatment...
What does this have to do with homosexuality?

Old 07-23-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
It's an orientation, or a predisposition to be attracted to one gender instead of the other.

Do you have sex with every person of the opposite sex you look at?

No?

But are you still attracted to many of them anyway?

That's your sexual orientation. Whether you act on it it not. It's quite simple, really.
Predisposition...a.k.a intrinsic.

No proof. Are we done yet?

Quote:
What does this have to do with homosexuality?
Most trans are homosexuals.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I would take the separatist approach. I am an anti-statist.
Well, I guess that's the difference between you and me. I have no problem sharing society with people of many different backgrounds and sexual orientations. But you, apparently, do.

That's sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies