Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2013, 01:22 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I would love to hit the lotto...that's not happening either. That's why i'm sitting here at work.

I'm not answering any of your questions about what i'm doing. That's none of your business, not to mention that i'm not obligated to do a damn thing for anyone but myself.

Again, i'm not listening to the opinions of non-blacks about the black community. That's all there is to it.

If you've got heartburn with that, i don't know what to tell you.

Giving me a laundry list of problems that people have isn't really helping your case, nor is it gonna get me to discuss the issues with you.
If your not going to discuss the issues then why do you post in this forum?

I'm going to start post "I believe xxxxxx, and I don't care what you think and I'm not going to talk about it either." It will be great for the forum.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:22 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,638 times
every now and them O'reilly shows a glimpse into his racist bigoted mind. If he didn't have a TV show he'd be that racist uncle you never want to invite over for Xmas.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:26 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Why should I listen to what Bill O'Reilly has to say about black people?
Because it is true!

Old 07-24-2013, 01:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
If your not going to discuss the issues then why do you post in this forum?

I'm going to start post "I believe xxxxxx, and I don't care what you think and I'm not going to talk about it either." It will be great for the forum.
This thread is not about the willingness to discuss black issues with white people, is it?

Or maybe i misread the title.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:28 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
I already told you that that i'm not discussing the black community with you.

I'm not singling out O'Reilly. I wouldn't discuss the issues with you either. I only discuss that stuff with people with skin in the game.
Then you can't discuss O'Reilly. He's not Black, so according to you, he has no skin in the game.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:29 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
This thread is not about the willingness to discuss black issues with white people, is it?

Or maybe i misread the title.
This thread is about O'riely's comments. Which you completely dismiss for the sole reason of it being said by a white person without even considering if they are even valid or not. I don't dismiss your comments because you are black and that you could not possibly understand what it is like to be white.

Take an honest look at your own argument.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:30 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:

Not really. I'm not singling out O'Reilly. I wouldn't discuss the issues with you either. I only discuss that stuff with people with skin in the game.
Really!

You mean black skin. What game is it that you refer to? And tell your people to stop dragging whity into their game.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Because it is true!
So if i read the entire menu of what they serve at the Outback Steakhouse, you're obligated to listen to it because it's true?

LOL...that's the stupidest thing i've hever heard.

Bill O'Reilly can't discuss black issues from a first person standpoint, and that alone is enough for me to disregard him on that topic. He can't tell me anything i don't already know.

Maybe there are blacks who SHOULD listen to him....i'm just not one of them, and neither are most blacks here on CD.

Just because O'Reilly can quote some statistics he got from his researchers doesn't mean that i'm obligated to hear it. Who the hell is he that we should listen to him? Hell, if that's the case, why not listen to YOU instead? He's no more credible than you are (and you're not credible in the least).

"Because it's true."

Old 07-24-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
This thread is about O'riely's comments. Which you completely dismiss for the sole reason of it being said by a white person without even considering if they are even valid or not. I don't dismiss your comments because you are black and that you could not possibly understand what it is like to be white.

Take an honest look at your own argument.
You're free to dismiss them or not. I don't care one way or the other.

I just don't find O'Reilly to be credible. Citing stats is meaningless to me. Is he living it firsthand? No...of course not. I'm an actual black person, so what can he tell me that i don't already know.

Answer that. What can O'Reilly tell this black man about black people and the black community that i don't know already?

Untill you can show me how he can possibly know more about my people than i do, it's my duty to completely dismiss his points.
Quote:
Really!

You mean black skin. What game is it that you refer to? And tell your people to stop dragging whity into their game.
Hell yea i mean black skin. Most definitely.

Dragging "whity into their game?" Do you even know what that gibberish means?

Old 07-24-2013, 01:39 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Really!

the game of life...

..and who dragged who into their game?

We built the freaking board the game is played on.

white people like you need to worry about YOUR people. Worry about YOUR people touching boys in Catholic Churches... worry about YOUR people on meth..worry about YOUR people in poverty...worry about YOUR people in jail, on drugs, committing mass murder in OK, Colorado, in schools, etc...

You guys sit around all day talking about black problems like it will fix white problems. Fix your own before trying to fix others.

Until then..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies