Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 05:41 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,182,912 times

Advertisements

Screw the UN. Useless bunch of cackling hens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 05:48 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,099,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archguy View Post
It makes sense to me. This is what you're getting! In theory, anyway.

And in fact, liberty is what many achieved, particularly compared with what they had before.

It still remains the Statue of Liberty not the Statue of Immigration.

....Well then they shouldn't have put into the harbor of the city receiving the most immigrants.

I thought the immigration aspect of the Statue of Liberty was very well implied.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:09 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,170,592 times
LMFAO

I don't even think the USA will be 1 whole nation by the end of the century. I believe that the current USA will be split into 4-5 different countries by the time the end of 2099 is here. empires have never lasted and the American empire is on the waning side of things.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:09 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,553,886 times
Our immigration restrictions are in no danger of being lightened anytime soon, so that's nothing to worry about.

Toss in the fact that the USA and just about all of Europe have had a declining birth rate for several years, and it's easy to see that that chart is as ludicrous as that UN mouth piece is stupid.

Democrats aren't about to eliminate the cap on H1-B visas, and everybody knows that since their union masters wouldn't tolerate it.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:09 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,907,447 times
How about no. We are not the world's dumping ground. It is not our responsibility to take these people in. And someone brought up the poem on the statue of liberty. Who cares? It's a poem, not a govt policy nor law.

1.6 billion people..what a stinking cesspool of fun that would be. It's already too crowded as it is now. Why on Earth would we want to be the next China or India?

Old 07-25-2013, 06:46 AM

13,620 posts, read 12,708,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The revolution that is always coming but never arrives? Let me know when you plan on getting off your computer and actually starting this revolution.

for one I won't be around by time the pop hits even close to that ridiculous number

do really think this country will amass a population of 1.6 billion people without a revolution

china has 1.3 billion, india has 1.2 billion.. and both are total cesspools of crap.. the us is already having water problems with 300 million!!! 1.6 billion is a freaking joke!!!

Old 07-25-2013, 07:41 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
How about no. We are not the world's dumping ground. It is not our responsibility to take these people in. And someone brought up the poem on the statue of liberty. Who cares? It's a poem, not a govt policy nor law.

1.6 billion people..what a stinking cesspool of fun that would be. It's already too crowded as it is now. Why on Earth would we want to be the next China or India?
We have been.

Those people who don't want to reign in their birth rates or delay childbearing until they can afford their kids simply have to come on over and the taxpayers provide very nicely for them.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:48 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,730,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archguy View Post
how, you say? By permitting everyone in the third world who wants to come to america to do so.
Not that this is much different from current policy, mind you.

I love the idea that the usa should forget what little it has learned and instead follow india & china down the rathole. Living conditions in those countries are so worth emulating!

Ahh yes, nigeria. Another fine role model

Shame on yale university for giving a platform to this lunatic
Click image for larger version

Name:	UN.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	115115

Old 07-25-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
If you want to understand where the idea comes from figure out where these words are.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
Are Americans not tired? poor? not yearning to breath free? all you want is to left in the 3rd world, give them welfare and in turn voting for the traitors who murdered this nation..

Old 07-25-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Didnt your scientists claim that Obama would socialize all american businesses by now??? They really screwed the pooch on that call. I can't believe anyone bought that load of crap.

they didnt even have to tie a bow around it...just bought it outright.
...he does not need to get all of them, just the ones that matter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies