Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 12:02 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
red states leading the gun deaths! what happened to all those filthy liberal run states where minorities are killing savages being on the top? suprise, surprise
hearing the cons, you would think NY/NJ would be at the top while its at the bottom
This link has me asking a LOT of questions. Hardly what I call incontrovertible proof of anything. The cited data, being under the heading of "most trigger happy" does not exactly speak to an unbiased and factual study. I see NV as ranking #6 in this, and since I live here, and rarely hear of shootouts, that makes me wonder what i formation was lumped together to come up with these numbers.

Vegas has it's issues. Actual murders are more common there than anywbere else in the state. They also have the strictest, local, gun laws. Criminals are stopped by armed citizens in the rest of the state, far more than criminals killing citizens. Are those numbers buried in these "stats"?

DC, is #the 1 I see. That seems to be a common denominator with all "gun death" stats one sees. Texas, which is so synonymous with "trigger happy rednecks", when liberal gun haters launch into tirades, is WAY down there. I don't know how much credibility I'm willing to give your link.

Last edited by Yac; 08-07-2013 at 06:39 AM..

Old 07-24-2013, 12:03 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I already said this. If someone drew a gun on me, I would not draw my stupid little box-cutter. I would do whatever they said.
Personally I would run. It's very difficult to shoot a running person with a pistol.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:07 PM

331 posts, read 253,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Were you there that night to reassure him of this made-up "fact", while Martin was breaking his nose, knocking him down, and slamming his head into the concrete again and again?

I didn't think so.

So what, exactly, does your belief matter in the case? Long after Zimmerman had to make some fast life-or-death decisions?
For god sakes, are you that fanatical about Zimmerman that people who simply disagree are "making up facts?" I said the evidence demonstrated he did not sustain any life threatening injuries nor did it demonstrate that he was close to death. All because you are engaged in a fight with a "big, bad black guy" does not mean the fight will end fatally.

Unless you can show me something other than the defendant's account that demonstrates he was physically at risk of death, knock it off.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:08 PM

872 posts, read 2,029,451 times
Will you shut up about the damn Zimmerman trial? I believe it is over, the right decision was made and we are done.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:09 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
For god sakes, are you that fanatical about Zimmerman that people who simply disagree are "making up facts?" I said the evidence demonstrated he did not sustain any life threatening injuries nor did it demonstrate that he was close to death. All because you are engaged in a fight with a "big, bad black guy" does not mean the fight will end fatally.

Unless you can show me something other than the defendant's account that demonstrates he was physically at risk of death, knock it off.
A reasonable person would believe that being punched in the head would make one fear for their life.

Plus GZ does not need to prove innocence, The People have to prove guilt

Old 07-24-2013, 12:16 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
A reasonable person would believe that being punched in the head would make one fear for their life.

If I knew the other person hated me with a passion, I might think that being punched in the head might indicate murderous intent. But usually, no, I do not think a reasonable person would think a few punches being thrown puts your life at risk. Otherwise many fist-fights would end in death, and the vast majority do not.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:21 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
If I knew the other person hated me with a passion, I might think that being punched in the head might indicate murderous intent. But usually, no, I do not think a reasonable person would think a few punches being thrown puts your life at risk. Otherwise many fist-fights would end in death, and the vast majority do not.
You can die by being punched in the head once, FYI.

So your going with a women should just be beaten relentlessly because the odds are she is not going to die argument. Instead of that women using a gun to protect herself, because that is unreasonable.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:29 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post

Sure you did.....

Oh, I don't own a gun but I am cool with you guys having them..... your scenerio (OP) is relatively common in America
Yeah, I did.

Cellular technician. Google livernois and mcnicols.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:33 PM

331 posts, read 253,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post

Have you ever been involved in a fight? 99% of the time, it's just an ass beating.

And this isn't about the trial. I'm just stating that fights are not fatal. I don't care about the %1 of incidents that you guys keep referring to that result in death. I can also quote the rare instances when people die from too much water. You don't take rare occurrences and extrapolate to mean it's now reasonable to believe that a fight, involving punches, means death is possible. Please.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Again, the scenario presented is that the thugs were unarmed, I thought.

If someone pulls a gun on me, I do whatever they say.
reread my post and tell me where i suggested that they pulled out a gun? i didnt. i suggested that the difference in deadlyness between a box cutter and a gun isnt much, so at that point why not carry a gun?

Quote:
It would take quite a while to kill someone with one of those. Maybe if the person was totally unconscious you could kill them with a tiny boxcutter, but on a conscious person, highly unlikely.
really? take your box cutter, and slice a person open from just behind the left ear to the throat, and it will take that person a few seconds to bleed out. and unless a paramedic is right there that person will die long before help can arrive. its not the wound, its the location of the wound. same with a gunshot. if i shoot you in the shoulder, you likely wont die, but you will be out of the fight. if i shoot you in the heart, chances are you will die. if you cut someone on the arm, chances are they wont die, but if you cut them on the neck in the right area they will. and it can be done with someone who is conscious and fighting you, you just need to find your opening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies