Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 01:26 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
And the hits keep coming...

Obamacare won't slash workers' hours, report finds - NBC News.com

Watch how right-wingers work themselves into a tizzy trying to spew self-serving nonsense about the source of the data instead of addressing what the data actually indicates.
Oh thank God! I was waiting for someone to share the good news! It's all going to be ok! Whew!!

I thought exchanges not being setup, employers getting a waiver, some folks not being able to stay with their doctors, the huge rate increase across the board, part timers getting their hours cut, the President asking Hollywood to help him sell IdiotCare et al' was a problem.

But! After reading your article from Numb nuts liberal friends I realize it is all going to be ok!

Praise Jesus! Praise Jesus!! We are saved!! Saved buy a community organizer who doesn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground let alone how to lead what was the greatest nation in the world until he took office a destroyed it in a short 6 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 06:50 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
This has nothing to do with Obamacare. They are cutting your hours because you suck in the management eyes. Nothing to do with Obamacare. They cut hours on the non favorites in retail, fast food, etc. all the time. Been doing it for decades. Just an excuse by corporations. Take off your tin foil hat and you will see the light
Sure they are thinking that. Maybe you would care to see the review that I just got where out of 8 categories I got 5 stars and the rest were 3 or 4 stars.

They are cutting due to the cost associated with Obamacare. Only a person with his head firmly implanted in his nether-regions would see it otherwise.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:36 AM

257 posts, read 295,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
but any new workers will know up front before hiring that they will be getting very few hours and no benefits.
But, regardless of the Obama administration, hasn't the decrease in benefits as part of "cost cutting" been going on in this country for years? Isn't that the goal behind out-sourcing, elimination of pensions to 401Ks, nursing is famous for PT work to avoid benefits... Teacher Aides... etc. I am grandfathered into my pension (global corporation), but the year I retired early the game changed for all new hires and those not vested. A large technology company in the PNW doesn't offer "pensions", and I was told (yes hearsay - so could be wrong) they don't offer medical plans to retired employees - you are on your own. The person telling me this was a cancer survivor and concerned he would not find insurance after retirement because of his medical history. The point is, business here has been trimming costs for years by eliminating benefits and if they can use Obamacare as an excuse (real or not), they will. IMHO.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:29 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
And the hits keep coming...

Obamacare won't slash workers' hours, report finds - NBC News.com

Watch how right-wingers work themselves into a tizzy trying to spew self-serving nonsense about the source of the data instead of addressing what the data actually indicates.
Whatever keeps the illusion working for you progs. I'll bet you thought Obama's speech at Knox college was wonderful and fact-filled too, eh?

Old 07-26-2013, 09:34 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveHeart01 View Post
But, regardless of the Obama administration, hasn't the decrease in benefits as part of "cost cutting" been going on in this country for years? Isn't that the goal behind out-sourcing, elimination of pensions to 401Ks, nursing is famous for PT work to avoid benefits... Teacher Aides... etc. I am grandfathered into my pension (global corporation), but the year I retired early the game changed for all new hires and those not vested. A large technology company in the PNW doesn't offer "pensions", and I was told (yes hearsay - so could be wrong) they don't offer medical plans to retired employees - you are on your own. The person telling me this was a cancer survivor and concerned he would not find insurance after retirement because of his medical history. The point is, business here has been trimming costs for years by eliminating benefits and if they can use Obamacare as an excuse (real or not), they will. IMHO.
That is what happens when our government produces thousands and thousands of new laws and regulations each year, they slowly strangle the golden goose, and now we are borrowing trillions to cover up the death throes of the near-dead goose.... and what is Obama's answer? More regulations, and squeeze that throat even harder.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:43 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
Seems more like the op will have to work himself into a "tizzy" to explain the BS he posted.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:57 AM

3,963 posts, read 2,350,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
The hiring has been consistently going southernly(in the downward position) because upper to upper upper management(CEOs, CFOs, COOs,etc) figured out that they can get the same work done with fewer workers than they had before the recession. The smaller businesses have to keep up with the multi-nationals, so they have to use a smaller, but overworked workforce to be able to compete. This is about fat checks going to the CEOs of the mult-nationals, and staying afloat for the small business folks........this ain't about Obamacare......Obamacare is just a smokescreen.
Hey a voice of reason. These sheep want to hate Obama soo baad that common sense eludes them

Old 07-26-2013, 10:00 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Hey a voice of reason. These sheep want to hate Obama soo baad that common sense eludes them
Where was the voice of reason? I sure didn't see any.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Sure they are thinking that. Maybe you would care to see the review that I just got where out of 8 categories I got 5 stars and the rest were 3 or 4 stars.

They are cutting due to the cost associated with Obamacare. Only a person with his head firmly implanted in his nether-regions would see it otherwise.
Yeah right. That kool aid you are drinking must be delicious I am sure you got that review in one of your favorite magnets on your fridge. Keep thinking how wonderful you are as a worker and blame Obamacare for your troubles. Tough looking in the mirror. Or having to figure things out on your own

Old 07-26-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Where was the voice of reason? I sure didn't see any.
I am sure you and your ilk couldn't see the forest for the trees
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies