Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 09:45 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It does make me want to talk some sense into the heads of these AGW twits. The president and his EPA are forcing coal-fired power plants to close without first allowing them to build a replacement. BTW, solar and wind cannot replace coal, as a base load electrical power generation.

On top of that, the power companies that own these coal plants still have to pay back hundreds of millions in loans they made, to install upgrades, that the EPA mandated during the Bush admin. If we drive our power companies into a financially distressed position, then who is going to finance the research, development and construction to create the energy needs of the future, if our government is busy driving them into near bankruptcy today?
You will find this one amusing.

EPA sues Oklahoma utility for obeying the law

Quote:
The EPA claims that OG&E failed to estimate emissions that did not occur. They are suing OG&E in an effort to force the company “to assess whether its projects were likely to result in a significant [GHG] emissions increase.”

The EPA had no authority to regulate GHG emissions when the work was done (2003 & 2006). The work (on boilers and turbine blade replacements) caused no emissions increase.
Are they just that stupid or is there some ulterior political motive at hand? Either way, the people get the short end of the stick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 09:50 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You will find this one amusing.

EPA sues Oklahoma utility for obeying the law

Are they just that stupid or is there some ulterior political motive at hand? Either way, the people get the short end of the stick.
Don't forget the oil drilling that was stalled, because the oil company failed to include an estimate on how much GHG would be emitted by the ice breaker ships. The EPA is full of loons, and if we had a congress that gave a rat's ass, they would neuter the damn agency, posthaste.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:58 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
cows should be banned!!! a methane creating creature that is very tasty

Old 07-26-2013, 01:10 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
The poster is clearly a junk science troll.
I cited the USGS. If you think that's junk science, your teachers have failed. They should commit seppuku.

Quote:
When evidence is produced that contradicts the lie, they make claims like that wasn't a published and peer reviewed paper, even though I can ASSURE you that any paper that contradicts claims made by the AGW crowd is the most heavily scrutinized and verified paper out there.
Assurances mean nothing. I can assure you I'm Buttercup Powerpuff, that doesn't make it so. Prove your claim.

Quote:
So no... I was not (what a childish thing to say anyway) owned.
How does 'shamed and embarrassed' grab you?

Old 07-26-2013, 01:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Is this another sequestration type warning? We're dying, the worlds coming to an end, we are dying!

Old 07-26-2013, 01:17 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
A lot of Obama's base are cigarette smokers, yep, how many democrats or liberals have a lit cigarette in the tray, yea, puffin away, sucking in that carbon monoxide as you defend global warming.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:27 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Is this another sequestration type warning?
No, it's another example of how badly informed you right-wingers are. I'm assuming you guys post in honest, correctable ignorance rather than out of typical right-wing dishonesty because I'm a nice guy. Don't forget it.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, it's another example of how badly informed you right-wingers are. I'm assuming you guys post in honest, correctable ignorance rather than out of typical right-wing dishonesty because I'm a nice guy. Don't forget it.
I am right, you are wrong, why just ask me! /boggle

Old 07-26-2013, 10:07 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Nothing new about natural crude or gas leaking from sea bed or even ground. For years now some have used that to explain possible reason ships disappeared on ocean. Crude was first discovered after noticing crude pools on ground in Penn. Then they drilled for it.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:19 PM

Now this one is hilarious.

An Evaluation of the Software System Dependency of a Global Atmospheric Model

Quote:
This study presents the dependency of the simulation results from a global atmospheric numerical model on machines with different hardware and software systems. The global model program (GMP) of the Global/Regional Integrated Model system (GRIMs) is tested on 10 different computer systems having different central processing unit (CPU) architectures or compilers. There exist differences in the results for different compilers, parallel libraries, and optimization levels, primarily due to the treatment of rounding errors by the different software systems. The system dependency, which is the standard deviation of the 500-hPa geopotential height averaged over the globe, increases with time. However, its fractional tendency, which is the change of the standard deviation relative to the value itself, remains nearly zero with time. In a seasonal prediction framework, the ensemble spread due to the differences in software system is comparable to the ensemble spread due to the differences in initial conditions that is used for the traditional ensemble forecasting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies