Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 12:35 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,797,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Maybe it's the gun buyback trend...

Tuition is kinda expensive, and you can sell just so much blood...
Lol, gun buy backs are useless, the DOJ even agrees.
http://www.nraila.org/media/10883516...olicy-memo.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 01:21 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,319,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
As others have already noted, ain't this just precious, though? But I cant not comment. What an utterly ridiculous statement! Is there a proper term to describe blatant hatred of men? The point of a Mother AND Father is balance. Regardless of the gender of the child, which is an issue you do not address. You speak only of male children.

As a general ruWhat is with this view that men are just inherently evil and hyperviolent? How blatantly insulting and degrading! If someone were to make a similar comment with the roles reversed, every feminist here would be pouncing like a Mountain Lion, showering every term from chauvinist to Neanderthal like a hard rain.

I don't even know what to phrase here. I am so taken aback by this my brain won't work.
It was just a thought!

To all those asking for proof of my claim, the proof is in the statistics. Crime is at its lowest point ever among youth and one thing that is definitely different about Generation Y is that a HUGE chunk of us were raised by our mothers. No other generation has experienced that.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:21 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,079,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Lol, gun buy backs are useless, the DOJ even agrees.
http://www.nraila.org/media/10883516...olicy-memo.pdf

Tongue in cheek.

Most gun crimes are committed by people who obtained their guns illegally.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:58 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,041,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I think it is because so many millennials were raised by their mothers. Mothers will raise their children to less violent. Fathers imbue their sons with aggression and territorial insecurities.
Actually, studies have shown that single-mother households are more likely to produce criminals.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:26 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,319,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Actually, studies have shown that single-mother households are more likely to produce criminals.
Then why is crime so low today? No one is giving any explanations except for me. Conservatives don't want to face the truth. That mother's raise less violent children and abortion lowers crime a generation after becoming available on demand.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:41 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,797,822 times
Quote:
Then why is crime so low today? No one is giving any explanations except for me. Conservatives don't want to face the truth. That mother's raise less violent children and abortion lowers crime a generation after becoming available on demand.
Worst. Argument. Ever.

besides the abortion part. Single parent homes directly correlate with crime.

Some possible reasons for a reduction in crime
1. Abortion
2. Increase in CCW
3. Longer prison sentences including 3 strikes
4. Stickler enforcement of petty crimes to prevent petty criminals from escalating
5. Better health care (less people die when stabbed, so murder rate lowers)

Old 07-26-2013, 04:31 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,041,650 times
Quote:
I'm not a conservative, but it seems like liberals can't face the facts. That article sounds like propaganda.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:53 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,729,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I'm not a conservative, but it seems like liberals can't face the facts. That article sounds like propaganda.
My friend you have seen the emperor, he wears no clothes. Thats all liberalism is, use emotions to deal with problems, not logic, reason, facts, reality, or common sense

Reality is whatever refuses to go away when you stop believing in it Philip K. Dick

“You can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” ― Ayn Rand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies